[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a game

Clubfoothead

It is the playoffs- point spread doesn't matter, any Hawks fan satisifed by the game being close, and ending up with an OT loss because they fought hard is a Rosie O'Donnell.

:D

I don't know if you are referring to me or not, but I don't know of one Hawk fan here, or outside the huddle, that was satisfied with the outcome of the game.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well my impression was that it would be a close, tough game. I did bet Seattle and the over, but the way these 2 had been playing it had all the markings of it coming down to the last few minutes or last posession type game.

It is the playoffs- point spread doesn't matter, any Hawks fan satisifed by the game being close, and ending up with an OT loss because they fought hard is a Rosie O'Donnell.

Ouch.. the name callling :D

I don't know if you are referring to me or not, but I don't know of one Hawk fan here, or outside the huddle, that was satisfied with the outcome of the game.

not referring to u at all. Just venting bc am still pissed about losing winneable games like that.

carry on

not referring to u at all. Just venting bc am still pissed about losing winneable games like that.

carry on

And vent you should. But you should also remember, if you’ve been a Hawks fan for for than 5 minutes, that this is a franchise only 2 seasons removed for not having won ANY playoff game in over 2 decades. To discount the achievement of 2 hard fought playoff games, and comment that a Hawks fan shouldn’t feel any pride in how the team played yesterday is, in my opinion, asinine.

I for one AM proud of the Hawks & how they battled the NFC's #1 seed to a standstill in their house, and can’t wait to do it again next year. :D

I for one AM proud of the Hawks & how they battled the NFC's #1 seed to a standstill in their house, and can’t wait to do it again next year. :D

The Hawks ended the year with a TE playing FB and a loan officer playing cornerback, had 9 differrent starting offensive line lineups, lost Hass for four games, the league MVP for six games, were without the services of Engram, Jackson, and Stevens for mutliple games, and generally had a lot of backups playing at key positions during the playoffs. They showed everyone yesterday they were better than a 9-7 team. If they can get any kind of good luck next year with injuries, there is not another team in the NFC, IMHO, that has the guns to keep up with this squad.

Edited by bushwacked

And vent you should. But you should also remember, if you’ve been a Hawks fan for for than 5 minutes, that this is a franchise only 2 seasons removed for not having won ANY playoff game in over 2 decades. To discount the achievement of 2 hard fought playoff games, and comment that a Hawks fan shouldn’t feel any pride in how the team played yesterday is, in my opinion, asinine.

sack up. This is playoff football, and this team is elevated now where we should expect better things. I COULD CARE LESS about how past Sea teams.

I Get sick of this soft Seattle sports mentality. It is one thing to be thoroughly dominated and beaten by a better team, but we all know yesterdays game was there for the taking.

Winning is all that matters and this season was a dissapointment. end of story.

sack up. This is playoff football, and this team is elevated now where we should expect better things. I COULD CARE LESS about how past Sea teams.

I Get sick of this soft Seattle sports mentality. It is one thing to be thoroughly dominated and beaten by a better team, but we all know yesterdays game was there for the taking.

There is nothing soft about what's going on. This is how good Seattle fans bring it. Loud in the stadium, and Proud in the end.

I'm confused where you got the idea that Seattle has a soft sports mentality. :D

Seattle fans are, and should be disapointed with the end result of not only this year during the playoffs, but last year during the Super Bowl as well. The Seahawks are only getting older, and the window of opportunity is only getting smaller with each year that passes. But there is a certain level of understanding that even though we didn't win it this year or the last, we still have a great chance of winning it all next year.

You can only sulk over a loss for so long. The fact is Seattle lost a very close game against the Bears, but simply didn't quite have enough to take home the win. It happens. While it's disappointing, the realistic fact is there is still next year, or even the year after that.

Is that soft? No. It's simply a realistic way to look at a hard fought playoff game that resulted in a loss. It sucks, but the options are either to complain and b!tch about it, or get over it and move on to other hopeful opportunities down the road. I choose the latter option and hope for better results next year. :D

Another view:

Jedi,

your last comment was right on. The Hawks played a great game and their fans should be proud!

Wildcat,

I might be as angry as you if the tide was turned, but as I said in another thread, if the Bears lose Sunday, I can say that the Bears had a great & exciting season. Though I admit I wanted them to break the "one-and-done" label! I COULDN'T care less about other seasons or teams either, 'cept for that. :D But the game was there for the taking on both sides of the ball. Both came back again and again! Both teams were trying to knock the snot out of each other. As I also said, it was the best playoff game so far. And that isn't Homer speak. I mean it! The Hawks didn't lose, the Bears won. That's a big difference from the way you're talkin'. It sort of reminded me (sorry for appearing trite) of the first Rocky movie. In the end Apollo won, Rocky didn't lose. But that is where the similarity ends. A well fought fight by both. If you can't acknowledge that, then you sir are the one w/ the problem, NOT Bush, GTS, or Bonehand, not that any of them need defending.

It sort of reminded me (sorry for appearing trite) of the first Rocky movie. In the end Apollo won, Rocky didn't lose. But that is where the similarity ends. A well fought fight by both. If you can't acknowledge that, then you sir are the one w/ the problem, NOT Bush, GTS, or Bonehand, not that any of them need defending.

Nicely done, but we'll see part two next season :D

Edited by Jedi

I'm confused where you got the idea that Seattle has a soft sports mentality. :D

Seattle fans are, and should be disapointed with the end result of not only this year during the playoffs, but last year during the Super Bowl as well. The Seahawks are only getting older, and the window of opportunity is only getting smaller with each year that passes. But there is a certain level of understanding that even though we didn't win it this year or the last, we still have a great chance of winning it all next year.

You can only sulk over a loss for so long. The fact is Seattle lost a very close game against the Bears, but simply didn't quite have enough to take home the win. It happens. While it's disappointing, the realistic fact is there is still next year, or even the year after that.

Is that soft? No. It's simply a realistic way to look at a hard fought playoff game that resulted in a loss. It sucks, but the options are either to complain and b!tch about it, or get over it and move on to other hopeful opportunities down the road. I choose the latter option and hope for better results next year. :D

Thanks for the counseling. I am not sulking, just reflecting on a dissapointing season is all. I realize we lost a close game, thanks. I am taking nothing away from the Bears at all (RR) deserved to win, both sides deserved the W, and Chi got er done-

Listen my man - Seattle IS a soft sports town- go travel, go to some games in Chi, NY, Philly, Bay area even - Seattle is very good at rationalizing dissapointing years with a, hey - we had a nice season, and well, we will just have to wait for that championship just a little while longer. Done wit dat chit

Wait.... hasn't it been 28 years since we won a major championship?? yeah, but that's ok. I had no illusions of winning the SB this year after they had an off year, just sucks b/c you only get a few legit shots in the NFL and you gotta win it all while you can -

:putting down bottle of Don Julio:

hey we had a great season, we made the super bowl in '06 :clap: yeah

hey, we had a great season, we won 116 games, and the AL West, the most ever :tup: yeah

hey, we had some injuries and battled da Bears really really hard :doh: yeah

Seattle Sports

:bash:

Nicely done, but we'll see part two next season :bash:

And the next year, and the next year, and..........

I hope it happens every year! :D Green Bay.....step aside! We got us a new rivalry brewing! :D

Wildcat,

Seems like you feel that Hawk fans are NOT the fans like I see here in Chi, or that most see in other NFL cities! I can't comment on that, so I'll leave it to the rest of our Hawk followin' brothers. What say you all?

Listen my man - Seattle IS a soft sports town- go travel, go to some games in Chi, NY, Philly, Bay area even - Seattle is very good at rationalizing dissapointing years with a, hey - we had a nice season, and well, we will just have to wait for that championship just a little while longer. Done wit dat chit

Wait.... hasn't it been 28 years since we won a major championship?? yeah, but that's ok. I had no illusions of winning the SB this year after they had an off year, just sucks b/c you only get a few legit shots in the NFL and you gotta win it all while you can -

:putting down bottle of Don Julio:

hey we had a great season, we made the super bowl in '06 :D yeah

hey, we had a great season, we won 116 games, and the AL West, the most ever :bash: yeah

hey, we had some injuries and battled da Bears really really hard :clap: yeah

Seattle Sports

Having lived in several different parts of the country over the past ten years, I think that this phenomenon isn't just confined to Seattle, but to much of the Northwest in general. I can't speak about Washington, but pro sports are an afterthought in Oregon. People here would rather go skiing or play hackey-sack than watch a football game. They care more about their two crappy college football teams than their defending NFC Champions.

Case in point: My wife and I were really excited when a new sports bar opened in town this summer because they were located in a nice area right in town, opened at 10 on Sundays, had all HDTVs, all of the sports packages, free Wi-Fi, restaurant-quality pub food, and lots of great local microbrews on tap. And guess what? Nobody showed up. There would literally be no more than 15 people there on a Sunday afternoon... even when the Seahawks were on. We went there to watch the Bears/Seahawks game yesterday and they were closed. So, we went to another high-end sports bar downtown and found out that they don't open until 11:30. After that, we went to an older, more popular sports bar a few blocks away. It was open but, again, there were only about 20 people there... to watch a Seahawks playoff game. What a freaking joke. Hell, I remember watching Game 7 of the Spurs/Pistons '05 NBA Finals with about 300 rowdy Texans in a jam-packed, standing-room-only bar a year and a half ago. That would NEVER happen here.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I can't speak about sports fans in other cities, or even my fellow Hawk fans. And I am absolutely frustrated that the 'Hawks got that close, and couldn't close the deal.

But I think for any fans appreciation of NFL football to be solely dependent upon the winning of a championship is both sad & hollow. If that's the case, why watch the games? If winning is all that matters, why not just catch the boxscore in the paper? The result would be the same, & you would save yourself a lot of aggravation. Better yet, if the Hawks can’t win, why not root for a team that can? NE is still playing. So is New Orleans. You can have your choice of New teams! Good ones!

Sorry, that won’t work for me. The Seahawks are my team. They are not a stock that I will sell if they underperform. I will not give up my season tix because they lost in the second round of the playoffs. Seahawk football is something I share with my family, & friends & fellow huddlers, and it makes my life richer as a result. I will sit in the rain & sleet & cold & even watch them lose & STILL want to be there for every play, yelling as loud as I can. And that's as hard as it gets for a sports fan.

Edited by Bonehand

Having lived in several different parts of the country over the past ten years, I think that this phenomenon isn't just confined to Seattle, but to much of the Northwest in general. I can't speak about Washington, but pro sports are an afterthought in Oregon. People here would rather go skiing or play hackey-sack than watch a football game. They care more about their two crappy college football teams than their defending NFC Champions.

Case in point: My wife and I were really excited when a new sports bar opened in town this summer because they were located in a nice area right in town, opened at 10 on Sundays, had all HDTVs, all of the sports packages, free Wi-Fi, restaurant-quality pub food, and lots of great local microbrews on tap. And guess what? Nobody showed up. There would literally be no more than 15 people there on a Sunday afternoon... even when the Seahawks were on. We went there to watch the Bears/Seahawks game yesterday and they were closed. So, we went to another high-end sports bar downtown and found out that they don't open until 11:30. After that, we went to an older, more popular sports bar a few blocks away. It was open but, again, there were only about 20 people there... to watch a Seahawks playoff game. What a freaking joke. Hell, I remember watching Game 7 of the Spurs/Pistons '05 NBA Finals with about 300 rowdy Texans in a jam-packed, standing-room-only bar a year and a half ago. That would NEVER happen here.

yeah - this is a whole nother topic - but ur exactly right - whether it is due to the lack of tradition in our sports teams, I have no idea the reason - all the other activities- no clue but it is a joke. I have so examples it is ridiculous- sports bars in the NW?? laughable

Sea/NW is a great place to live, and they will hop on a winner without a doubt, but as far as hardcore sports towns, it is not good. I think not having a title since 1979 plays into it somehow. Dunno

I went to a few Seahawk games with some Chi town guys and they were laughing about all the latte drinking softies at the stadium.

I am in SF right now, watched both the OSU/MICH, FLA/OSU and the playoff games on SAT games at a local sports bar- off the hook crowded, songs being sung, beers being thrown, sh1t talking to no end.......

It was freakin awesome. It just doesn't exist in Seattle.

Anyway, not hating on Sea sports, just need some effing winning to happen here.

yeah - this is a whole nother topic - but ur exactly right - whether it is due to the lack of tradition in our sports teams, I have no idea the reason - all the other activities- no clue but it is a joke. I have so examples it is ridiculous- sports bars in the NW?? laughable

Sea/NW is a great place to live, and they will hop on a winner without a doubt, but as far as hardcore sports towns, it is not good. I think not having a title since 1979 plays into it somehow. Dunno.

I think that it goes beyond just not having a winner. Look at the Cubs... and the Red Sox for a long time.

Agreed that the NW is an awesome place to live. I plan on living here as long as I can. But the people out here, on average, have their priorities all messed up.

What say you all?

I don't know. The tradition of football is more engrained into the southern and midwest American culture. I will say that Seattle sports fans are pretty typical in that when a team is doing relatively well, the town gets excited and tickets are hard to come by. I believe the Hawks did set some kind of crazy records for ticket sales in the last couple years. At one time, the season ticket waiting list was 10+ years. The combined attendance at the Huskies and Hawks games in a given year, indicates that there are a good number of hardcore football fans out here. Qwest Stadium and Safeco field are 2 of the premier stadiums in their respective sports. Mariners games have been well attended the last 10 years. The Sonics have generally stunk it up for awhile and there is talk about them moving. You can probably get a ticket on any given night to a Sonic game. The Huskies basketball team is garnering a lot of enthusiasm lately.

I don't think Seattle is the most hardcore sports city, but definitely seems to be more of a sports culture than towns like San Diego or Atlanta, for sure. I've spent quite a bit of time in other big cities with sports fans and doing sports related things, Seattle seems no different than any other American Western city with a relatively large market and a fairly limited history.

I can only sumise that wildcat thinks that sports fans are soft if they take any sort of satisfaction in their team's performance if they don't win a championship. :D That premise is so retarted, it's not worthy of discussion.

Having lived in several different parts of the country over the past ten years, I think that this phenomenon isn't just confined to Seattle, but to much of the Northwest in general. I can't speak about Washington, but pro sports are an afterthought in Oregon.

I do think the Pacific Northwest generally attracts people with the interests in outdoor activities or pepole generally not into sports (hippies, liberals etc). I don't know what part of Oregon you live in, but I don't think I ever really considered all of Oregon "Seahawk Country." Even Portland has a lot different sports vibe than Seattle.

Edited by bushwacked

sh1t talking to no end.......

Do you consider the college football forum the most "hardcore" forum here? I generally avoid it, because the same cast of clowns are doing nothing but having a pissing contest and talking crap about "my conference rules and your conference sucks."

Sea/NW is a great place to live, and they will hop on a winner without a doubt, but as far as hardcore sports towns, it is not good. I think not having a title since 1979 plays into it somehow. Dunno

I went to a few Seahawk games with some Chi town guys and they were laughing about all the latte drinking softies at the stadium.

I am in SF right now, watched both the OSU/MICH, FLA/OSU and the playoff games on SAT games at a local sports bar- off the hook crowded, songs being sung, beers being thrown, sh1t talking to no end.......

It was freakin awesome. It just doesn't exist in Seattle.

Anyway, not hating on Sea sports, just need some effing winning to happen here.

Call in a sports radio station and vent so that everyone listening to you in traffic can simultaneously think to themselves "What a jackass".

What say you all?

Loudest home crowd in the NFL is soft? There are some football cities with far more history than the Seahawks, so there should be no comparison against those fans. Not sure about the empty sports bar during a Seahawk game. Please tell me where they are so I can get my food and drink quicker than the packed bars I'm in.

Greater Seattle area is largely made up of transients. You can look through the crowd of any Seahawk game and see a relatively high number of the opposing spamshirts in the stands. Usually those people are from other parts. See Down Goes Frazia, Sky, Digital Dan, etc.

As for those of us born and raised here... what do you expect when Starbucks, Nordstrom, Microsoft and the Japanese own our sports franchises?