[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a game

Clubfoothead

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MikesVikes - the reason why I'm annoyed with Gould is because I am a Penn State fan. I sat in those stands and watched Gould miss one after the other at Penn State. It's shocking that he's doing so well in Chicago. Maybe those crazy winds are moving his kicked balls from bad to good.

It's just frustrating when I was rooting for Gould to make them at Penn State he missed and today I'm rooting on Seattle so - rooting for Gould to miss and he makes them. Someone is messing with me. :D:D:bash:

So Mrs C trumps the Bears but I imagine she'd struggle mightily if it was the Packers.

I'd hit it in front of the TV so as not to miss the game.

We can do that, we don't have any young'uns running about....yet.

:D I wonder what the record of teams going to OT in the playoffs is in the following week....

In the last 10 years, 2-7.....

2004 PIT def. NYJ OT, lose vs. NE

2004 NYJ def. SD OT, lose @ PIT

2003 PHI def. GB OT, lose vs. CAR

2003 CAR def. STL 20T, win @ PHI

2003 GB def. SEA OT, lose @ PHI

2002 TEN def. PIT OT, lose @ OAK

2001 NE def. OAK OT, win @ PIT

2000 MIA def. IND OT, lose @ OAK

1998 ATL def. MIN OT, lose to DEN SB

Good work. I thought it might be something along those lines.

MikesVikes - the reason why I'm annoyed with Gould is because I am a Penn State fan. I sat in those stands and watched Gould miss one after the other at Penn State. It's shocking that he's doing so well in Chicago. Maybe those crazy winds are moving his kicked balls from bad to good.

It's just frustrating when I was rooting for Gould to make them at Penn State he missed and today I'm rooting on Seattle so - rooting for Gould to miss and he makes them. Someone is messing with me. :D:D:bash:

I think that every attempt is an adventure.

I think I lost about 5 years of my life watching this game.

My heart was racing in my chest...thought I was going to have a grabber.

I hear that. AND I drank a pot of coffee before the game. I can't stop shaking... :D

Oh well. At least we KNOW the 'Hawks can beat the Eagles in the consolation bracket for 3rd in the NFC next week, right?

Pure baloney. Alexander played a monster game. Hasselbeck was shaky at best during the 4th quarter and overtime. Too much looking for the sideline instead of attacking the middle of the field.

I agree- tough tough loss. SA ran hard as he11. I thought Holmgren's play calling was shaky at best, and predictable on the short yardage calls. Didn't try and give Hass a few options, and I thought he was playing it a bit too close to the vest. Where was Stevens and the middle of the field?

Great game to watch and for an an undrmanned squad, the Hawks battled.

Saints/Bears should be another game that goes down to the wire.

I think Hasselbeck blew this game late in the 4th taking that sack. Coverage was obviously good, but there was an open RB coming out of the backfield. Hass hesitated and it cost Seattle the game.

#37 was open in the flats all day. They hit him once and it was good for 12 yards and a 1st. I think your point was my biggest frustration of this game. I can handle our patchwork secondary giving up the big plays, and some of the other things, but that one was the biggest for me. The playbook clearly does not include checking down to Shaun.

I'm impressed how the Seahawks keep answering back. I figured they'd fold if they got down.

props to the hawks, they didn't just lay down when they easily could have. still, the bears should have won a bit easier. the gaps in the pass defense and the 3rd down 10 yard runs by alexander have got to be a little discomforting.

i was in line making some bets yesterday and this guy in front of me threw down (gulp) 10 dimes on the bears first half and 10 dimes on the over. not a bad days work 20 g's.

props to the hawks, they didn't just lay down when they easily could have. still, the bears should have won a bit easier. the gaps in the pass defense and the 3rd down 10 yard runs by alexander have got to be a little discomforting.

i was in line making some bets yesterday and this guy in front of me threw down (gulp) 10 dimes on the bears first half and 10 dimes on the over. not a bad days work 20 g's.

yeah not a bad day - 20k. I was happy with my dollars on Sea & the over

Not sure about all this ass smoochin about the Hawks playing tough and not laying down sh1t. What is this crap? this is the playoffs and while they are banged up, they a still a championship caliber squad. Lay down? what are you all talking about?

this was a winnable game and am still pissed about it. I could care less about fighting hard and moral victories- we lost.

GO Saints

Not from anyone who has more than a passing familiarity with football. Typically, this doesn't include journalists.

And apparently this time it didn't include the sports books because it looks like the public $$ was going down heavy on the Hawks. But, there were a number of educated folks here putting money on the -9 and plenty of statements alluding to Seattle not having much of a shot.

And apparently this time it didn't include the sports books because it looks like the public $$ was going down heavy on the Hawks. But, there were a number of educated folks here putting money on the -9 and plenty of statements alluding to Seattle not having much of a shot.

Most of those people probably read the paper. My impression here was that many thought Seattle would win.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Most of those people probably read the paper. My impression here was that many thought Seattle would win.

well my impression was that it would be a close, tough game. I did bet Seattle and the over, but the way these 2 had been playing it had all the markings of it coming down to the last few minutes or last posession type game.

It is the playoffs- point spread doesn't matter, any Hawks fan satisifed by the game being close, and ending up with an OT loss because they fought hard is a Rosie O'Donnell.