[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

peter king MMQB

10. Seattle (10-8). Just a guess, but my feeling is the Seahawks would rather have the 22nd pick in the draft, plus the $7 million-a-year cap dollars it paid Deion Branch, back right now. Instead, New England sits there with two first-rounders, the rich getting richer, and Seattle is out of the draft business until late in the second round come April.

10. Seattle (10-8). Just a guess, but my feeling is the Seahawks would rather have the 22nd pick in the draft, plus the $7 million-a-year cap dollars it paid Deion Branch, back right now. Instead, New England sits there with two first-rounders, the rich getting richer, and Seattle is out of the draft business until late in the second round come April.

NE has alot of holes to fill, and Wr being one of the most glaring. Branch was a better player, in New England than Seattle, but they still have to fill his shoes in NE, and the ex gators are not the answer.

NE has alot of holes to fill, and Wr being one of the most glaring. Branch was a better player, in New England than Seattle, but they still have to fill his shoes in NE, and the ex gators are not the answer.

go worry about fixing the holes on your own team that plays in the crap heap of the nfc.... scout some potential backup qbs in this years draft class with a good pair of hands

Why? They seemed to be just fine without him...they came within minutes (and a blown call) of reaching their 4th Super Bowl in 7 years, and the lack of a proven WR was not the reason they didn't make it.

And since WR is perhaps the easiest position to fill via free agency, I doubt the Pats are losing any real sleep over letting Branch go.

Were you that tool on Deal or No Deal the other night? 24 yeard old still living with his mama and couldn't even tell you what a washing machine looks like cause his mommy does everything for him.

:D @ taking an accurate assessment personally.

you call it an accurate assessment...i call it an assessment from a guy who ive never seen say a kind word in regards to the patriots...i

this is a guy who is already writing off a receiver who came out a year early and basically missed all of training camp(jackson)

receiver is a need...i dunno about most glaring....id say a DE/OLB hybrid in the mcginest mold, so they can go from 3-4 to 4-3 w/out making a substitution is a glaring need...id say youth and depth in the linebacking corps is a need....id say some more depth and talent in the defensive backfield(where we always get hammered with injuries) might be a glaring need...

Were you that tool on Deal or No Deal the other night? 24 yeard old still living with his mama and couldn't even tell you what a washing machine looks like cause his mommy does everything for him.

im 26, my mother is deceased, and i gotta kick ass maytag out in the laundry room...that okay with you?

Speaking of Deal or No Deal heard they got a home version for sale. Talk about boring.

Deal or no deal? Da, no deal. :D

sgt ryan...i here by proclaim thee king of accurate assessments...here ye here ye!

Sgt. Ryan 1/27/07 9:59pm Post #51

Huddler All-Pro

Member No.: 135

The game should have never been close. 21-6 at halftime, would take a complete collapse by the Pats to lose, and they did just that. In fact looking at the replay of the Colts challenged TD, there is no way that WR was coming down in bounds, and the pats got a huge gift right there to make it as close as it turned out to be. In my view, the Pats have benefitted from terrible no calls in the past, especially vs the Colts in years past, as well as the so called Tuck Rule, that was a complete fumble, any way you look at it. The Tuck Rule is exactly like the horse collar, it has rarely been called, and it happens more often than it has been called. So the discretion that was a Tuck Rule in that game, could have easily been a fumble by another official. The Pats are by far the worst team to win 3 Championships, and are as boring and ordinary as any champion outside of Baltimore in 2000. Im ashamed the Pats were ever champions of the sport I love so much. Its basically ends the football season with mediocrity at the top.

--------------------

Sooner Nation

he definitley unbiased and shows no bitterness towards the patriots!

you call it an accurate assessment...i call it an assessment from a guy who ive never seen say a kind word in regards to the patriots...i

this is a guy who is already writing off a receiver who came out a year early and basically missed all of training camp(jackson)

receiver is a need...i dunno about most glaring....id say a DE/OLB hybrid in the mcginest mold, so they can go from 3-4 to 4-3 w/out making a substitution is a glaring need...id say youth and depth in the linebacking corps is a need....id say some more depth and talent in the defensive backfield(where we always get hammered with injuries) might be a glaring need...

The truth seems to bother you. I look at NE shouldnt have beaten SD in round 2, and you look at it like they were a blown call away going to the SB.

The Pats have one of the best DL, OL, and QB in the league. They have more TE's than any team Ive ever seen, and that is because they dont have good WR's. The Pats LB and at least half their secondary needs to be addressed, but its a given WR is a need. A big need. Just think where they would have been had Branch stayed. So that extra pick and cap savings, when you are already under the cap, was worth a great WR in your system and a shot at playing next week. Brady said he would take a cut to get Branch resigned, and the Pats still choose to say no, even with the money to get it done. How long do you think it will take another player to get up to Branch's speed in the offense and have the same chemistry Branch had with Brady. I can assure you, a 1st round pick will take at least 2-3 yrs to be where they were. In that time, Bruschi will retire, that OL will lose a key member or two, and Brady will be an older player. The window for the pats was right now, and they blew it by not resigning Branch. So you can spin this any way you want, but in the Pats system, Branch was a great fit and he was obviously missed by Brady. Even Peter King said as much on Inside the NFL early on this season.

sgt ryan...i here by proclaim thee king of accurate assessments...here ye here ye!

Sgt. Ryan 1/27/07 9:59pm Post #51

Huddler All-Pro

Member No.: 135

The game should have never been close. 21-6 at halftime, would take a complete collapse by the Pats to lose, and they did just that. In fact looking at the replay of the Colts challenged TD, there is no way that WR was coming down in bounds, and the pats got a huge gift right there to make it as close as it turned out to be. In my view, the Pats have benefitted from terrible no calls in the past, especially vs the Colts in years past, as well as the so called Tuck Rule, that was a complete fumble, any way you look at it. The Tuck Rule is exactly like the horse collar, it has rarely been called, and it happens more often than it has been called. So the discretion that was a Tuck Rule in that game, could have easily been a fumble by another official. The Pats are by far the worst team to win 3 Championships, and are as boring and ordinary as any champion outside of Baltimore in 2000. Im ashamed the Pats were ever champions of the sport I love so much. Its basically ends the football season with mediocrity at the top.

--------------------

Sooner Nation

he definitley unbiased and shows no bitterness towards the patriots!

Im not bitter towards the Pats. Hardly. The pats are just the tallest midget in regards to todays NFL. The best of a bad league right now.

And your damn right. I am the KING of accurate assessments.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

The truth seems to bother you. I look at NE shouldnt have beaten SD in round 2, and you look at it like they were a blown call away going to the SB.

The Pats have one of the best DL, OL, and QB in the league. They have more TE's than any team Ive ever seen, and that is because they dont have good WR's. The Pats LB and at least half their secondary needs to be addressed, but its a given WR is a need. A big need. Just think where they would have been had Branch stayed. So that extra pick and cap savings, when you are already under the cap, was worth a great WR in your system and a shot at playing next week. Brady said he would take a cut to get Branch resigned, and the Pats still choose to say no, even with the money to get it done. How long do you think it will take another player to get up to Branch's speed in the offense and have the same chemistry Branch had with Brady. I can assure you, a 1st round pick will take at least 2-3 yrs to be where they were. In that time, Bruschi will retire, that OL will lose a key member or two, and Brady will be an older player. The window for the pats was right now, and they blew it by not resigning Branch. So you can spin this any way you want, but in the Pats system, Branch was a great fit and he was obviously missed by Brady. Even Peter King said as much on Inside the NFL early on this season.

i have to laugh at you thinking the window for the pats is rightnow and they blew it...the window isnt closing anytime soon my friend...and if you cant see that..i dunno what you watching...you must still be stuck in the 90's...and i still have to laugh at you thinking gaffneys feet were out of bounds and that wasnt a great catch

WR is a need...and i dont think the patriots are ready to give up on chad jackson yet..like i said...a guy who missed basically all of camp, and had come out a year early...if he can get a camp under his belt and get comfy..he can be a beast...he showed flashes....the guy caught 13 balls all year and found the endzone 3 times...

ill agree with you that we should of lost the san diego game...had marty kept running LT down our throats we would have never had a shot...and LT was having his success(i agree, we have one of the best defensive lines in the game), which i put the onus on an aging and slow linebacking corps...which most of us patriots fans feel is a big area in need of an upgrade

if you think the offensive line will be in shambles 2 or 3 years from now...you just havent been paying attention...light is signed for another 3...koppen till 2011...enough cap room to sign mankins to a nice extension...the patriots offensive line is not an issue of concern...nor will it be 2 or 3 years from now...because they can find smart guys who can be taught the proper technique...this is why theyve been able to survive with an undrafted guy at RG who was a college wrestler and a revolving right door at RT...just look at how theyve built that offensive line...a 2nd round pick in 2000...and a first rounder in 05...and add in a bunch of throwaways

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

10. Seattle (10-8). Just a guess, but my feeling is the Seahawks would rather have the 22nd pick in the draft, plus the $7 million-a-year cap dollars it paid Deion Branch, back right now.

Seattle realistically has a 2-3 year window to get back to the superbowl. Chances are that Deion Branch makes a bigger impact in that window than the 22nd player picked in the 2007 draft.

Seattle realistically has a 2-3 year window to get back to the superbowl. Chances are that Deion Branch makes a bigger impact in that window than the 22nd player picked in the 2007 draft.

you might be right bush

but still this has to be one of the dumbest statements ive read in a while....and considering its made by sgt ryan in regards to the new england patriots...i shouldnt be suprised

"How long do you think it will take another player to get up to Branch's speed in the offense and have the same chemistry Branch had with Brady. I can assure you, a 1st round pick will take at least 2-3 yrs to be where they were. In that time, Bruschi will retire, that OL will lose a key member or two, and Brady will be an older player. The window for the pats was right now, and they blew it by not resigning Branch."

yes thats it...belichick decided not to retain deion branch for 7 mil a year...got a 1st round pick for him...but hes definitley not thinking ahead...and not looking towards the future....he basically threw away the pats window of opportunity to win superbowls because he didnt want to spend bob krafts money!

I also foresee Seattle cutting D-Jax before next season, who was whining about his contract earlier this season and seems to be constantly battling injuries.

In hindsight, Seattle's bigger mistake was giving Burleson a big contract. Although, in fairness, they didn't now that Branch would be available shortly afterwards.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Why does a 26 year old man need to be registered under his father? :D

Or more pressing, why can't he afford his own account? :D

wow...well let me explain this to you guys...see my father and I, we are partners in a couple of leagues...we also subscribe to more than one FF site(ill give you guys the benefit of the doubt and say you guys knew that there were more than one FF pay sites out there)...so he said hed pay the huddle subscription and i picked up another one..his idea

this place is really full of some insecure people man...does anybody want me to take a pic of maytag washer or is my word good? the mere fact that big john went and checked subscription info after i posted my age says alot....yeah man im a 65 year old guy who wants to pose as 26! i randomly found some guy who took a pic with john hannah as a youth on the net and decided it would make a great avatar for myself!