[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dayum.....I'm axcious, and there is 2 days LEFT!

rocknrobn26

I am an Melbourne, FL, 3 hours from Miami and I am pretty excited! Heading to Miami tomorrow. I now have two tickets, but need two more. Hopefully one of my leads comes through. We'll see!

It took 16 hours to get to Melbourne from Indianapolis, but that included an hour stop for dinner and an hour stop for breakfast this morning. We made good time. Missed the tornados in FL by about 4 hours, thank goodness. We drove right through where they touched down.

I am an Melbourne, FL, 3 hours from Miami and I am pretty excited! Heading to Miami tomorrow. I now have two tickets, but need two more. Hopefully one of my leads comes through. We'll see!

It took 16 hours to get to Melbourne from Indianapolis, but that included an hour stop for dinner and an hour stop for breakfast this morning. We made good time. Missed the tornados in FL by about 4 hours, thank goodness. We drove right through where they touched down.

Enjoy, Capt., enjoy! :D

Sounds like fun. Have a good time!

Good stuff!

Cheers and enjoy Capt.! :D

I've been relatively calm until yesterday. We had a big buffet of food in the office and I had taped the NFL Films compliation of the Bears season and we watched it over the course of the day.

Although I'm having a hard time handicapping the win, I'm still hoping for the best for the Bears.

Although I'm having a hard time handicapping the win, I'm still hoping for the best for the Bears.

the most ardent of bears fans realizes that if things don't go our way, we have a good chance to lose. still, the disrespect factor has got to help us. thats all we've gotten most of the yr, i guess we just have to prove it one more time. still, i can't help but think the experts and pundits will still revert to the weak schedule, the weak nfc, and got lucky point of view. lucky and the owners of the lombardi trophy. :D:D

the most ardent of bears fans realizes that if things don't go our way, we have a good chance to lose. still, the disrespect factor has got to help us. thats all we've gotten most of the yr, i guess we just have to prove it one more time. still, i can't help but think the experts and pundits will still revert to the weak schedule, the weak nfc, and got lucky point of view. lucky and the owners of the lombardi trophy. :D:D

The disrespect card can only be played for so long in this league...and if they need that to play well tomorrow, I'd be surprised.

I just see too many things that have to happen for the win. The Field Possession has to be at least 35-25 in favor of the Bears. The TO margin has to be at least +2 for the Bears. They can't get down early, and they have to get pressure on Manning or Tillman will be picked apart by Harrison.

My heart says they're going to win, and I do think that the Colts defense can be exposed for what it was during the year. You can't fix something that bad with just one player coming back...and that quickly.

My head is having a hard time coming to that same conclusion, even though I read in SI this morning that every time the Best defense of one conference faced the best offense of the other conference in the Super Bowl, it was the defense that prevailed.

The disrespect card can only be played for so long in this league...and if they need that to play well tomorrow, I'd be surprised.

I just see too many things that have to happen for the win. The Field Possession has to be at least 35-25 in favor of the Bears. The TO margin has to be at least +2 for the Bears. They can't get down early, and they have to get pressure on Manning or Tillman will be picked apart by Harrison.

My heart says they're going to win, and I do think that the Colts defense can be exposed for what it was during the year. You can't fix something that bad with just one player coming back...and that quickly.

My head is having a hard time coming to that same conclusion, even though I read in SI this morning that every time the Best defense of one conference faced the best offense of the other conference in the Super Bowl, it was the defense that prevailed.

My keys to the game from the Bears perspective:

Get pressure on Manning while at the same time limiting the blitz

Keep Dallas Clark under wraps

Win the TO battle by at least two.

Score at least one DT/ST TD

Edit: It might be better if we have our D on the field longer than our O......

Edited by Ursa Majoris

of course they don't need that to play well. a little chip on my shoulder never hurt though. i was watching the nfl networks specials, and it was the 78 steelers. rocky bleir started rooting for the defense on the sideline. nothing crazy if i recall, just like "get fired up d". anyway, he was standing next to chuck noll and noll says to him, "we'll have none of that". the reason was, the cheerleading/motivation ploy would last only so long. they wanted to win by execution and physicality. anyway, sorry to get lost in that steeler story, brought back some great memories of that yr. interesting to note, that yr, the steelers didn't have the traditional champagne celebration in the lockeroom. they knew they would be back for more. sort of cool imo.

I think the biggest key is simply finishing drives. The Bears can't walk away with too many field goals if they manage to chew clock on a drive. If Indy wants to score in 4 minutes, fine. As long as the Bears can respond with the running game and take 8-10 minutes on a few drives, then we can handle a patented Peyton to Harrison strike or two. Not three, and not with nothing but field goals. If the Colts aren't on the field enough, then they can't get to 40.

I do have to say this:

I expect Rex Grossman to play a very good game. I do not expect him to impolde. Talking about the proverbial "chip" on one's shoulder, he has it, and if channeled effectively, he'll use it to produce a fine game.

Of course, he could throw a bad one out there, but I don't believe it's going to happen. I hope they test Harper many times early and take his 60% ankle and quickly make it 30% or worse.

They need to be creative, getting Bob Sanders out of the box. I would like to see Hester in the offensive gameplan and will be disappointed if he's not in there for at least a half dozen plays, regardless of whether or not they actually give him the ball.

Turner needs to open up the looks.

I would like to see Hester in the offensive gameplan and will be disappointed if he's not in there for at least a half dozen plays, regardless of whether or not they actually give him the ball.

Interesting. In what role would you see Hester and how would it throw Indy off?

Interesting. In what role would you see Hester and how would it throw Indy off?

Most often, when they've run the play action with the WR reverse, it's been Rashied Davis. I would like to see Hester be in that spot, with the simple motion of running behind the play, it's going to tie up someone like Sanders. If they see that it's not Sanders that would be the key on that play, then they can take advantage of it if they are using a LB as that key.

Much like NO used about 4 or 5 different plays to set up Bush's long TD, I think that type of plan has to be involved.

I'm no offensive coordinator, but I would think if they leave any stone unturned, I'm going to be :D WHY?

Most often, when they've run the play action with the WR reverse, it's been Rashied Davis. I would like to see Hester be in that spot, with the simple motion of running behind the play, it's going to tie up someone like Sanders. If they see that it's not Sanders that would be the key on that play, then they can take advantage of it if they are using a LB as that key.

Much like NO used about 4 or 5 different plays to set up Bush's long TD, I think that type of plan has to be involved.

I'm no offensive coordinator, but I would think if they leave any stone unturned, I'm going to be :D WHY?

Well, if we lose our OC, we can direct Ted and Jerry round to your house. :D

That's spot on. Everyone bagged on Bush all year, and though I'm not a huge fan of his it was clear he impacted defensive game plans simply by being on the field. Games the Saints won while he put up crappy stats weren't won in spite of his crappy stats, they were won by the other team worrying about how to keep his stats crappy in some part imo.

I'm also of the opinion the need to test Indy blitz pick up all day and rush 5, not necessarily 6, on a LOT of downs and see who cannot pick up Ogun, Brown or Anderson and Briggs.

Sounds great Captain, hope you land those extra tics and have a blast!

I've been relatively calm until yesterday. We had a big buffet of food in the office and I had taped the NFL Films compliation of the Bears season and we watched it over the course of the day.

We had a ton of food in on Friday as well and people showed up representing their fan interest. A lot of Colts supporting apparel, quite a few Bears, one Browns fan and some idiot had the nerve to show up wearing Cowboys stuff :D (yes, I took verbal abuse, but it was a fun departure from the normal day-to-day grind).

I have no real dog in this fight, but I'm looking forward to seeing the game.