[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts' win second most-watched Super Bowl ever

Shorttynaz

I know I have more TV's & people living in my house than 10 years ago. Heck the last TV I bought this Christmas for the outside was a 25" set for $79.

Now that's good value. Sure beats the $3000 TV's that are sitting inside many people's living rooms!

Very possibly, they will be a real force again next year.

I was listening to this radio host out here in Phoenix. His logic:

The Patriots had the best record in the 2003 season, and they won the 2005 superbowl.

The Steelers had the best record in the 2004 season, and they won the 2006 superbowl.

The Colts had the best record in the 2005 season, and they won the 2007 superbowl.

The Chargers had the best record in the 2006 season, and...

Kind of out there, but now that I am COMPLETELY satisfied that Manning and the Colts finally getting a SB ring, if they cant do it next year, I wouldn't mind at all seeing LT get one. Or D Brees and the Saints.

I know I have more TV's & people living in my house than 10 years ago. Heck the last TV I bought this Christmas for the outside was a 25" set for $79.

LOL, outside televisions. Gotta love the South. :D

I might be wrong about this, but I thought that the ratings were based on HOUSEHOLDS watching the game, not the number of people or television sets in the home.

The Patriots had the best record in the 2003 season, and they won the 2005 superbowl.

The Steelers had the best record in the 2004 season, and they won the 2006 superbowl.

The Colts had the best record in the 2005 season, and they won the 2007 superbowl.

Kind of out there, but now that I am COMPLETELY satisfied that Manning and the Colts finally getting a SB ring, if they cant do it next year, I wouldn't mind at all seeing LT get one. Or D Brees and the Saints.

Guess it's time to jump on the Chargers bandwagon now while there's still room!

(Just for the record, outside of #1 - Colts, and #2 - AZ Cardinals, I'll never be on anyone else's bandwagon. I am just making a recommendation for those fans who switch "favorite teams" on a yearly basis).

Well unless there is a coaching change in SD it is not likely to happen.

From the article:

"Only the 1996 Super Bowl between Dallas and Pittsburgh, which had 94.1 million viewers, had a bigger audience, according to Nielsen Media Research on Monday."

I knew that, I was just wanting to hear ya'll say the answer, so that I wasn't being a Menyoudo type fan. Who won that one by the way?

Manning was a big part of it, but I'd say that the major factor was that the Bears have a HUGE following across the country. Ever since SB 20, A LOT of people have jumped on the bandwagon.

Remarkable they haven't jumped off considering how poor the Bears have been since the late 80s. Bears fans tend to be loyal to a fault.

Part of the massive following is a simple fact of being the biggest undivided NFL city in America - NY has two teams, LA has none.

Also, weren't there some naysayers before the game whining that the audience would be small because it was "just two mid-west teams"? :D

This game had a lot of appeal because of the clash of styles and the side stories, plus a plethora of good people involved, very few if any reasons to hate either team.

I knew that, I was just wanting to hear ya'll say the answer, so that I wasn't being a Menyoudo type fan. Who won that one by the way?

Stop living in the past........... when did your favorite team last win one ? :D

Edited by Menudo

Remarkable they haven't jumped off considering how poor the Bears have been since the late 80s. Bears fans tend to be loyal to a fault.

Well, a lot of them are also Cubs fans, so that isn't surprising. :D

But, yes, Chicago definitely is a great football city - on par with Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Dallas, Cleveland, etc.

Part of the massive following is a simple fact of being the biggest undivided NFL city in America - NY has two teams, LA has none.

True, but I'd say that the Cowboys, Steelers, and Packers (large, medium, and very small markets, respectively) have just as much of a national following.

I really think that the '85 Bears captivated the nation. The Super Bowl Shuffle and the Super Fans skit (which I love, because my friend's dad was JUST like one of those guys) propelled them them to star status. I mean, look at all of the Bears fans in the Hollywood crowd: Jim Belushi, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Ashton Kutcher, etc. Hell, I've run into Bears fans all the way out here in Oregon (where people tend to prefer ultimate frisbee and hackey-sack to Seahawks football, much less other NFL teams). I'm sure that a lot of these people are transplants from Illinois, but I'm sure that a lot of them aren't.

"NEW YORK -- Peyton Manning had a lot of witnesses to his soggy super win, with the estimated 93.2 million viewers representing the second most-watched Super Bowl broadcast ever."

I didnt think that there were going to be THIS many people watching the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/n...tory?id=2755160

Not sure if this was commented on above, but it is nice to see two teams from the midwest have this much popularity. I know other sports talk about how they want the big markets either east or west in their big games. all hail the power of the midwest.

They've won one since your favorite team has won one. :D

I get what you are trying to say, and I disagree with you. I think you and I should start a seperate thread and debate it openly, what do you think ????? :D

:bash: