[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coupling

Czarina

"I've got the key to the gates of paradise...but I've got too many legs!"

:D This has to be one of the funniest shows ever on tv.

I think we've done this before but I have a bunch of British comedy series on DVD and they're all riotously funny.

Yes, I believe Friends was 'based' on it.

I'm sure it's available on Netflix or the like. I catch it from time to time on BBC America or one of the PBS channels, although the PBS versions are edited so they fit into 30 minutes rather than the usual 40.

Bumbling Jeff had told a woman he was an amputee -- she invited him to her place to watch her roommate and her model lingerie. There's obviously more to the scene but that's when he said the line above.

Watched it from the beginning (2000). A most excellent series....and outstandingly funny.

My favorite episode is "Inferno" from the first season. If you haven't seen it... I highly recommend that you catch it the next time it is on.

Have seasons one and two on DVD.

There must be a million quotes from Jeff..... that guy is simply hilarious.

There is no equal to britsh humor.

I love this show.

One show that I love and I think is the best comedy hands down is a little B rated Canadian show called

Trailer Park Boys. Hands down the funniest.

If you get a chance to watch this series do it!

Julian always has a rum and coke in his hand. No matter what. They were in a gun fight at a strip club and he has a rum and coke in his hand. :D

NBC actually tried to Americanize it a few years back. It was called Coupling and failed miserably. I don't think Friends was was based on it. I don't think that the BBC version hasn't been around that long.

Coupling started in 2000.

Friends started in 1994.

Coupling USA version absolutely sucked. One cannot do or say things on American TV that one can do and say on Brit TV.

Coupling started in 2000.

Friends started in 1994.

Coupling USA version absolutely sucked. One cannot do or say things on American TV that one can do and say on Brit TV.

The trouble with mainstream US TV is that it's so safe. Advertisers dictate that it has to be. The BBC has no ads, it is paid for through the TV license fee, so they can afford to be more adventurous.

On top of that, Americans typically are more conservative than the Brits and Europeans in general. We accept more violence than them (though their recent police series such as Touching Evil are very graphically violent) but they get more tits on TV.

I watched an Inspector Morse on A&E once and they pixellated a picture of a Rubens painting so we wouldn't be shocked by nekkid painted boobs. :D

While I wouldn't necessarily describe it as one of the funniest shows ever, I certainly do enjoy it.

Problem with BBC America is that all the good shows are on in the middle of the night. Do they really have to show Cash in the Attic every day during prime time?

Check out British TV shows on Netflix - they have virtually all of them. My queue has about 20 recent Brit police shows in it - the Touching Evil ones with Robson Greene are badass.

Check out British TV shows on Netflix - they have virtually all of them. My queue has about 20 recent Brit police shows in it - the Touching Evil ones with Robson Greene are badass.

Wire in the Blood with Greene is excellent too.

Oh, and they aren't on in the middle of the night here. LOL

My favorite episode is "Inferno" from the first season. If you haven't seen it... I highly recommend that you catch it the next time it is on.

There must be a million quotes from Jeff..... that guy is simply hilarious.

You mean Lesbian Spank Inferno? :D

They used to show a series called "Men Behaving Badly" that was awesome. American tv did try to re-make the show---it starred Rob Schneider and Justine Bateman. It flopped, for obvious reasons.

Every once in awhile, I'll catch an episode of "Keeping up Apperences". Funny stuff.

"Bucket residence--------lady of the house speaking!" :D