[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

would you trust this doctor

frenzal rhomb

so I go see my dad whos in the hospital for blockages. 2 to be exact. He's in sice thursday and was informed the blockages were "critical" by the admitting. Anyway, the doc who's gonna do the cath comes into the room Saturday and says he's good to go home. My mom says, whoa, he was told Thurs he had critical blockages and needed minimum cath and possible open heart. The doc says, hold on, let me look at his piuctures, comes back, apologizes and states the chart only showed "irregulat heartbeat". Shows it to my mom - thats what it says.

Doc apologizes profusely and keeps him there. I believe he is the chief of cardiology at a very reputable area hospital. Its now my feeling, this guy will go out of his way to make sure my dad gets extra special takedn care of - kinda how they sat its best to fly right after a crash. But man, had he sent my dad home, he ould have died.

My feeling is he's human and went off of the info on the chart, he listened to my mother, reviewed the pics and apologized and acknowledged the error. My moms freakin out thinking he shouldnt do the cath/open heart.

Whats your feeling??

I think you're correct. The error was NOT his fault, and he was willing to listen.

Everyone makes mistakes and although some "real" doctors pretend to be perfect, they are not. I respect this doctor because instead of making up a bs excuse/explanation, he was honest, showed you the error, and apologized. I respect people like this and would want this type of person performing the procedure.

Everyone makes mistakes and although some "real" doctors pretend to be perfect, they are not. I respect this doctor because instead of making up a bs excuse/explanation, he was honest, showed you the error, and apologized. I respect people like this and would want this type of person performing the procedure.

+1

Good info here. That cardiologist will give your dad very good care.

so I go see my dad whos in the hospital for blockages. 2 to be exact. He's in sice thursday and was informed the blockages were "critical" by the admitting. Anyway, the doc who's gonna do the cath comes into the room Saturday and says he's good to go home. My mom says, whoa, he was told Thurs he had critical blockages and needed minimum cath and possible open heart. The doc says, hold on, let me look at his piuctures, comes back, apologizes and states the chart only showed "irregulat heartbeat". Shows it to my mom - thats what it says.

Doc apologizes profusely and keeps him there. I believe he is the chief of cardiology at a very reputable area hospital. Its now my feeling, this guy will go out of his way to make sure my dad gets extra special takedn care of - kinda how they sat its best to fly right after a crash. But man, had he sent my dad home, he ould have died.

My feeling is he's human and went off of the info on the chart, he listened to my mother, reviewed the pics and apologized and acknowledged the error. My moms freakin out thinking he shouldnt do the cath/open heart.

Whats your feeling??

Although its a disturbing mistake I would just thank God it was caught and trust this doctor to do a great job for your dad..Chief of cardiology at a very reputable hospital tells me you are in good hands despite the alarming mistake..Good luck to your dad Im glad it was caught early

Edited by whomper

After 2 surgeries this past year I really don't trust doctors anymore. I get many references now and will do almost anything to avoid surgery.

It's going to have to be serious and I will get several opinions from now on.

Dr. House doesn't make mistakes. And he's about as real as it gets. :D:D