[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes

The Irish Doggy

I was just told from a friend that generally follows these things that one of Lost's main writers left Lost to do this show, and that the buzz is that this may be why this show seems pretty well written and Lost has seen a bit of a letdown in the writing. He said he was pretty sure this was the show the writer left for, but I have not had a chance to check IMDB to confirm.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just told from a friend that generally follows these things that one of Lost's main writers left Lost to do this show, and that the buzz is that this may be why this show seems pretty well written and Lost has seen a bit of a letdown in the writing. He said he was pretty sure this was the show the writer left for, but I have not had a chance to check IMDB to confirm.

Interesting. I figured the reason shows like Lost "lost" their way was that the network execs want to bleed every drop of money out of a show while its popular. I'm starting to wonder if BSG has fallen prey to the same blood-sucking.

But Heroes seems to be moving forward pretty well. I just hope it keeps up.

I couldn't find a writer... but Jeph Loeb was a supervising producer of Lost until he left to be the co-executive producer of Heroes in 2006.

Tonights episode (2/26) was awesome. It has to be one of the best episodes I have ever seen for a series that I follow. After all the background buildup in the first season, this season has really taken off with great storylines.

:D:D

So did he kill the father? Great episode except I hope they f up the "scientists" of the show.

by far the best episode of the season. i love this show. to answer broncosn05's question:

SPOILER

no, they made it look like the haitian ambushed the dad, shot him and erased his memory -- which sucks, because that guy's one of the best characters on the show. and we never found out who the invisible guy was "hiding" -- i wonder if the brother, lyle, has some power.

edit: i just watched the preview of next week's show. my bet is that the new chick (the one administering to the cop when he was strapped to the table) can restore memory, which would be kinda cheesy, but would keep the horned-rimmed glasses guy in the show

end spoiler

Edited by montster

God bless DVR. :D

Tru dat. I saw that the episode was starting, so I watched a My Name is Earl which I recorded last week, then came back to Heroes 20 minutes late and was able to watch from the beginning with no commercials. :D

More Spoiler talk:

The point of erasing the father's memory was to erase the memory of the hiding of Claire he has done, so that he can go back to his job, and also to protect her. I think that with the memory of that gone, he can totally remain a character and be as evil as he wants to be. He might even go back to hunting down Claire herself.

Wasn't the chick tending to Parkman at the end the same one who was with radioactive man in the park when they confronted Parkman in the last episode? Who is she?

It was a very interesting episode, likely the best one so far when considered start to finish.

About time the historical back fill started happening.

Spoiler discussion following ...

Obviously the introduction of Hiro's father occurred in a previous episode but I had no idea of the level of his involvement. Clearly he is a big dog, but not the top dog.

I like the invisible man story line but am dying to know how he survived the bullet wounds from the father/partner (clearly he must not have fallen from the bridge).

And who exactly is the Haitian working for ... is it the top dog that the episode preview alluded to that we would meet in the next episode. Are the Haitian, Invisible guy and the father all in cohoots?

Very interesting.

Tru dat. I saw that the episode was starting, so I watched a My Name is Earl which I recorded last week, then came back to Heroes 20 minutes late and was able to watch from the beginning with no commercials. :D

More Spoiler talk:

The point of erasing the father's memory was to erase the memory of the hiding of Claire he has done, so that he can go back to his job, and also to protect her. I think that with the memory of that gone, he can totally remain a character and be as evil as he wants to be. He might even go back to hunting down Claire herself.

Wasn't the chick tending to Parkman at the end the same one who was with radioactive man in the park when they confronted Parkman in the last episode? Who is she?

I'm confused on that as well. Plus, i swore when i saw the ending of last week's episode they showed ALL THREE (Parkman, the radioactive guy, and the woman) in the house holding Claire's family hostage. This week, the woman has just disappeared altogether.

I think it was a different woman in the lab...

I like the invisible man story line but am dying to know how he survived the bullet wounds from the father/partner (clearly he must not have fallen from the bridge).

And who exactly is the Haitian working for ... is it the top dog that the episode preview alluded to that we would meet in the next episode. Are the Haitian, Invisible guy and the father all in cohoots?

Very interesting.

1. I think the invisible man might be like Peter; able to hold many powers. He sure knew A LOT about it when he decided to train Peter for a bit. If thats true, maybe he had some other powers up his sleeve when he got shot.

2. The Haitian is working for his own people; mutants. He is much like the Invisible Man was 14 years ago; he had no problem working for the agency, but he wasn't going to hurt his own people. That is why the Haitian let Claire keep her memory, and that's why he is helper her escape.

Was an awsome episode, but I'm definetly going to have to watch it again just to comprehend all of it some more.

I'm confused on that as well. Plus, i swore when i saw the ending of last week's episode they showed ALL THREE (Parkman, the radioactive guy, and the woman) in the house holding Claire's family hostage. This week, the woman has just disappeared altogether.

I think it was a different woman in the lab...

:D I don't get it. Seems incongruous. I'll have to surf the nerd forums tonight. Well... nerdier forums.

1. I think the invisible man might be like Peter; able to hold many powers. He sure knew A LOT about it when he decided to train Peter for a bit. If thats true, maybe he had some other powers up his sleeve when he got shot.

I think he just learned a lot about it because he worked for "the company".

I missed it and didn't record it, is there anywhere i can watch it online?

Spoilish***

I suspect he had a mutant accomplice there to help. Mr Invisible has been set up as a smart secret "company" man. He would have had backup there on the bridge. He practically dared Mr Bennett to shoot him.

I suspect the mutant that he was protecting was there, and it makes the most sense for Nathan Petrelli to be the one IMO.

. Nathan has always seemed more comfortable with his powers that others. He could have been taught by Mr Invisible. He seems to know the limitations and usage of it very well (escaping from the mobsters in Las Vegas for example).

. Mr. Invisible's pigeon coup is in the same building as where Nathan and Peter worked. Why would he still be there since he knew it to be used by the company previously.... Seems like a very dangerous hangout unless he has a purpose.

.The company already had Claire and figured she had a power, if they found out Nathan was the father, he would be a target as well. - A good reason to protect him.

So, Nathan catches Mr. Invisible as he falls, and quickly flys under the bridge so Mr bennett can't see, or... Mr Invisible can make other people invisible as well by touch. Either way, it fits IMO.

. Mr. Invisible's pigeon coup is in the same building as where Nathan and Peter worked. Why would he still be there since he knew it to be used by the company previously.... Seems like a very dangerous hangout unless he has a purpose.

I recognized that it was the same building, but I didn't know who's building it was. Maybe Linderman owns it and rents space to the campaign. Guess we'll find out more next week when they introduce him.

In the flashback, Hiro, Sulu, and the black and white meeting about Claire was on the same building.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I recognized that it was the same building, but I didn't know who's building it was. Maybe Linderman owns it and rents space to the campaign. Guess we'll find out more next week when they introduce him.

In the flashback, Hiro, Sulu, and the black and white meeting about Claire was on the same building.

Spoiler: I can't get over how Hiro's papa is the head of the Company. :D

no, i'm pretty sure they weren't the same. the chick with parkman and radioactive man was taller. in any case, here she is on imdb, and she's only credited with last week's episode (the other credit is for an episode in which they showed a preview of her meeting radioactive man in his shack). i think we find out in next week's episode what the chick tending to parkman in last night's episode can do.

you mean the building with the pidgeons? it's owned by simone's (the black chick with the nice pouty lips) dad, the guy peter was caring for when he was a nurse -- which makes me think if simone's dad was wrapped in this, too, especially with the snippet from next week's preview that showed simone was alive (although that could be a red herring).

i'm dying to know who invisible man was protecting. and i'm disappointed to see nikki/jessica returning next week.

no, i'm pretty sure they weren't the same. the chick with parkman and radioactive man was taller. in any case, here she is on imdb, and she's only credited with last week's episode (the other credit is for an episode in which they showed a preview of her meeting radioactive man in his shack). i think we find out in next week's episode what the chick tending to parkman in last night's episode can do.

you mean the building with the pidgeons? it's owned by simone's (the black chick with the nice pouty lips) dad, the guy peter was caring for when he was a nurse -- which makes me think if simone's dad was wrapped in this, too, especially with the snippet from next week's preview that showed simone was alive (although that could be a red herring).

i'm dying to know who invisible man was protecting. and i'm disappointed to see nikki/jessica returning next week.

Hmmm...maybe the invisible man was protecting Simone? Maybe she won't be dead afterall. Could be why he hung around the building too. :D