[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Question

CarryTheRock

This might sound stupid. I have noticed the last two days that the fan is running on the computer alot. Should I be concerned about this. I think I have narrowed it down to when my son is playing a certain game on Nick Jr. Is there cause for alarm?

This might sound stupid. I have noticed the last two days that the fan is running on the computer alot. Should I be concerned about this. I think I have narrowed it down to when my son is playing a certain game on Nick Jr. Is there cause for alarm?

Nah. Some games are CPU intensive which means the CPU is working harder...hence it heats up...hence the fan turns up higher to keep it cool.

I know this sounds dumb, but check the back of the computer and see if there is a dust build up over the vent.

Mine started doing that a month or so before I moved and when I disconnected it to move I noticed the build up....cleaned it off and everything is A OK.

Edited by ChuckB

Nah. Some games are CPU intensive which means the CPU is working harder...hence it heats up...hence the fan turns up higher to keep it cool.

I know this sounds dumb, but check the back of the computer and see if there is a dust build up over the vent.

Mine started doing that a month or so before I moved and when I disconnected it to move I noticed the build up....cleaned it off and everything is A OK.

Thanks guys! :D

That isn't at all dumb.

Agree. Much like a car, everyone should know basic stuff about their computers.

Edited by Kid Cid

Agree. Much like a car, everyone should know basic stuff about their computers.

my computer has a fan :D

let me check...yep it does...if i turn it around do you think i can

get away without using the air conditioner this summer :D

:tup:

my computer has a fan :D

let me check...yep it does...if i turn it around do you think i can

get away without using the air conditioner this summer :D

:tup:

Sure, if you keep it pointed directly at yer nutsack... :doh:

Go buy a can of compressed air and blow the vents aronud each fan. then open up the case (with the computer off) and spray out the inside. Computers will suck up more dust and pet fur then anything i've ever seen before.

You should do this around once every 4 to 6 months.

Go buy a can of compressed air and blow the vents aronud each fan. then open up the case (with the computer off) and spray out the inside. Computers will suck up more dust and pet fur then anything i've ever seen before.

You should do this around once every 4 to 6 months.

Then make certain you do not put the cover back on. That shows not only are you a geek, but a COMPUTER geek as well. I have BOTH sides off two of my PCs. :D

Then make certain you do not put the cover back on. That shows not only are you a geek, but a COMPUTER geek as well. I have BOTH sides off two of my PCs. :D

Some would argue that negatively affects airflow over certain components. :D