[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Assistance with securing a headboard requested

MojoMan

So, my bed is a metal bedframe with a fairly heavy wooden headboard.

The headboard has two bolts on each side that can fit into slots on the bedframe.

When I first bought the headboard, I bolted it together. However, I found it totally unacceptable because the top of the headboard was still capable of moving because it was only attached near the bottom. I solved this by detaching the frame and headboard and leaning the headboard against the wall. This was on a carpeted floor.

I have since moved and now have hardwood floors. I tried the same trick but the headboard is now banging against the wall when the bed moves.

Is there any way to let the feet of the headboard sit on the floor and attach the top of the headboard to the wall? I thought they sell straps that would do this to secure furniture in earthquake prone parts of the country.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Since your not getting much help...

How about either making your own straps that go from the rails down or up and attach to the headboard, kind of like diagonal bracing? Or, just secure the top of the bedframe to the wall. It's nothing a 6" lag bolt won't fix. :D

Since your not getting much help...

How about either making your own straps that go from the rails down or up and attach to the headboard, kind of like diagonal bracing? Or, just secure the top of the bedframe to the wall. It's nothing a 6" lag bolt won't fix. :D

Variation:

Bolt the headboard to the wall. Hotels do it.