[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty trade

Larryalcohol

I have the top two picks this year. I just took over the team and i have been offered portis and benson for the two picks.

So the question is AP and lynch or AP and CJ for portis and benson?

Also who would you take with the second overall pick? it is standard scoring but we get 1 point for every 2 wr catchs.

Last question i could go back and try to give up the #1 pick for portis but i am not sure if he would take it. If he doesn't should i try and give him 1.1 and 2.1 for portis?

Don't go all Houston Texans here... no way would I make this trade. How often do you think you could find yourself in this unique situation (having the top 2 rookie picks and also having talent like AP and CJ just waiting for you to snatch up)? Unless someone brings you a blockbuster trade offer, keep your picks and draft those two as the backbone of your future championship team.

Pretty fair deal, to be perfectly honest.

You have the sure thing of Portis - a 1st round draft pick - and Benson - who equates to a second/early third round pick, both of whom figure to be featured RBs for their respective teams for a few years running, but you have Portis' injury history & CHI with T Jones situation an unknown. Put that up against the 2 top rookie RBs (although I'd personally take Peterson & C Johnson, since C Johnson is an uber-stud in the making & you get ppr for WRs), which has the reward of 2 potential young studs against the proven track record of only one of the top 4 RBs drafted becoming a stud, with one solid RB & 2 disappointments/busts.

That brings it down to your current team makeup & your level of risk aversion. I'd have to guess by the fact that you have the top 2 picks that your team is probably a ways away from being championship caliber. If that is the case, I would argue that it would suggest leaning to the rookies. By the time you have the opportunity to bring a poor team up to speed, Portis may be winding down his career. If you are a risk taker, that would also lean you to the rookies - the vets are a proven/known NFL quantity - there's no guessing what you're getting.

If you just had a bad run of luck & your other positions are decent though, you may want to grab the vets & compete for the championship immediately. If you have a rough time with rolling the dice that would point you at the vets also.

I really don't see where you can go wrong with this deal, and I also think you can be legitimately second guessed no matter which way you go. I think I might be sorely tempted to counter offer the 1.01 for Portis straight up, and then use the 1.02 I kept to take either of who is left - Peterson or C Johnson. That, IMO, gives you the best of both worlds - a 1st round vet RB paired with the most probable future stud at either RB or WR. It would also help you transition through future years.

Without knowing the make up of your team it is impossible to tell. Portis will never do in WAS what he did in Denver. I like Benson a lot, but until Thomas Jones is gone, his value is limited. I like AP and CJ as the first two picks unless you are really weak at RB.