[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Mock draft by Great Blue North

Riffraff

LINK

Now that's showing some imagination, even if I don't agree with all of it. This is starting to be great fun, and we're still 2 months from the draft.

:D

First Round

#	TEAM	Player	POS	School1	(1)Tampa Bay (from Oakland)	Jamarcus Russell	QB	LSU2	(2)Atlanta (from Detroit)	Calvin Johnson	WR	Georgia Tech3	(3)Houston (from Cleveland)	Adrian Peterson	RB	Oklahoma4	(1)Oakland (from Tampa Bay)	Joe Thomas	OT	Wisconsin5	Arizona	Gaines Adams	DE	Clemson6	Washington	Alan Branch	DT	Michigan7	Minnesota 	Brady Quinn	QB	Notre Dame8	(3)Cleveland (from Houston)	Levi Brown	OT	Penn State9	Miami	Laron Landry	FS	LSU10	(2)Detroit (from Atlanta)	  Jamaal Anderson	DE	Arkansas11	San Francisco	Amobi Akoye	DT	Louisville12	Buffalo 	Chris Houston	CB	Arkansas13	St. Louis	Adam Carriker	DE	Nebraska14	Carolina	Reggie Nelson	FS	Florida15	Pittsburgh	Leon Hall	CB	Michigan16	Green Bay	Marshawn Lynch	RB	California17	Jacksonville	Ted Ginn	WR	Ohio State18	Cincinnati	Patrick Willis	LB	Mississippi19	Tennessee	Robert Meacham	WR	Tennessee20	New York Giants	Dwayne Bowe	WR	LSU21	Denver	Jarvis Moss	DE	Florida22	Dallas	Dwayne Jarrett	WR	Southern California23	Kansas City	Darrelle Revis	CB	Pittsburgh24	New England (from Seattle)	Lawrence Timmons	LB	Florida State25	New York Jets	Aaron Ross	CB	Texas26	Philadelphia	Anthony Spencer	DE	Purdue27	New Orleans	Greg Olsen	TE	Miami28	New England	Brandon Meriweather	DB	Miami29	Baltimore	Justin Blalock	T/G	Texas30	San Diego	Paul Posluszny	LB	Penn State31	Chicago	Arron Sears	T/G	Tennessee32	Indianapolis	Jon Beason	LB	Miami

(1) Tampa Bay acquires the #1 pick overall from Oakland for the #4 pick and Tampa Bay's #3 pick this year and #1 pick in 2008.

(2) Atlanta acquires the #2 pick overall from Detroit in exchange for Atlanta's #1 (10th overall) and #3 picks in 2007 and #2 pick in 2008 and QB Matt Schaub.

(3) Houston acquires the #3 pick overall from Cleveland in exchange for Houston's #1 (8th overall) and #3 picks in 2007 and a #3 in 2008 and QB David Carr.

Second round

#	Team	Player	POS	School33	Oakland	Sidney Rice	WR	South Carolina34	Detroit	Eric Wright	CB	UNLV35	Tampa Bay	Charles Johnson	DE 	Georgia36	Cleveland 	Ben Grubbs	OG 	Auburn 37	New York Jets (from Washington)	Lamarr Woodley	DE	Michigan38	Arizona	Joe Staley	OT	Central Michigan39	Houston	Michael Griffin 	DB	Texas 40	Miami	Ryan Kalil	C 	Southern California 41	Minnesota 	Craig Davis	WR	LSU42	San Francisco	  Steve Smith	WR	Southern California43	Buffalo	Justin Harrell	DT	Tennessee44	Atlanta	Marcus Thomas	DT	Florida45	Carolina	Aundrae Allison	WR	East Carolina46	Pittsburgh	Quentin Moses	LB	Georgia47	Green Bay	Zach Miller	TE	Arizona State48	Jacksonville	Eric Weddle	DB	Utah49	Cincinnati	Marcus McCauley	CB	Fresno State50	Tennessee	Jonathan Wade	CB	Tennessee51	New York Giants	Josh Wilson	CB	Maryland52	St. Louis	Brandon Siler	LB	Florida53	Dallas	Tanard Jackson	DB	Syracuse54	Kansas City	Brandon Mebane	DT	California55	Seattle	Anthony Gonzales	WR	Ohio State56	Denver	Kenny Irons	RB	Auburn57	Philadelphia	Paul Williams	WR	Fresno State58	New Orleans	Daymeion Hughes	CB	California59	New York Jets	Tony Hunt	RB	Penn State60	New England	Jason Hill	WR	Washington State61	Baltimore	Michael Bush	RB	Louisville62	San Diego	Manny Ramirez	OG	Texas Tech63	Chicago	Brian Leonard	RB	Rutgers64	Tampa Bay (from Indianapolis)	Victor Abiamiri	DE	Notre Dame

Edited by Bronco Billy

This mock sucks!

1. No way Tampa moves up to take Russel. Gruden likes Simms, and Simms is still young.

2. While I'm sure Atlanta would love to trade up into the 2 spot, I don't see Detroit wanting to drop that far back. They want to make sure they get Quinn.

3. I can see Houston wanting to do this, and the trade up make since, but only if you leave Carr out of it.

4. I just don't see Al Davis giving up the 1st pick, and especially not to drop 3 spaces to take a OT in the early part of the first round. The last time they took the best tackle in the draft, he was a bust. I'm not saying Thomas will be a bust, but I just don't see the Raiders doing this.

Actually, I thought this mock was pretty interesting, discounting the first 4 picks. Russell just doesn't seem like a Gruden kind of qb to me.

They have Cleveland going heavy on the O-line, but I think that they will definately go Peterson.

The Broncos two picks look like solid possibilities: Jarvis Moss followed by K. Irons in the second.

:D

2. While I'm sure Atlanta would love to trade up into the 2 spot, I don't see Detroit wanting to drop that far back. They want to make sure they get Quinn.

LMAO. First, Detroit has no interest in Quinn. Second, did you read the details of the trade they projected? Matt Schaub goes from ATL to DET. I would say it's about a 65/35 chance that Detroit trades back, and almost 100% certain that if they do, it'll be to take a DE.

Peace

policy

Detroit has little to no interest in Quinn. Given the fact that they have moved James Hall, I think it's pretty clear that a DE is in their scope for the first round. Detroit should be looking to trade down, as they can pick up Adams, Anderson, or Carriker in the 5-15 range. So, that being said, trading the #2 pick to get a number 3 in 2007 and a number 2 in 2008 along with Schaub is a real possiblity. I don't think it matters what the "chart" says about it; if the Lions get the guy they want at #2 with the #10 pick and pick up extra picks along with a QB who can either start or be traded for more picks, they have seriously improved their position.