[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Tiger Game with Huddlers

Puddy

So let's nail this down.

1) Puddys or Nemos?

2) Time

Puddy, if you have an extra ticket, I may be able to unload it. And to answer your question, I believe that the places that I mentioned have nearby parking for $3-5.

Since Dr. Love isn't coming and Egret and wiegie will be together let's just meet up at Nemos. It will cut some time out of their drive not to have to come my way. Here is Nemos website with address. Go ahead and mapquest it but it will be very easy to find since you'll be coming all the way in via I96.

Furd - if you can unload the ticket go ahead. Let me know sometime today (I'll PM you my cell #) if you can so I can look for someone who may want it (I decided it wouldn't be good to sell it to the folks I sold the other two to as one of us (me) would be sitting in a row with three complete strangers). I'd rather have one of us bring someone if possible.

I'll plan on arriving at Nemos with Chuck around 11:45 - noon.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Dr. Love isn't coming and Egret and wiegie will be together let's just meet up at Nemos. It will cut some time out of their drive not to have to come my way. Here is Nemos website with address. Go ahead and mapquest it but it will be very easy to find since you'll be coming all the way in via I96.

Furd - if you can unload the ticket go ahead. Let me know sometime today (I'll PM you my cell #) if you can so I can look for someone who may want it (I decided it wouldn't be good to sell it to the folks I sold the other two to as one of us (me) would be sitting in a row with three complete strangers). I'd rather have one of us bring someone if possible.

I'll plan on arriving at Nemos with Chuck around 11:45 - noon.

Word.

Todd Jones is about to blow this game :D

:whew: 8-7 Cardinals left the bases loaded. They walked Pujols intentionally (dude is 5-6 career against Jones with 3 HR's :D)

Edited by Puddy

Come on Puddy, where's the after game post? If you haven't posted yet you must be tuned up or Furd beat your asz, one of the two.

Met up at Nemos, had a couple of beers each, shuttled to the ballpark. Had a couple of more, ate pizza, took a cab back to Nemos. Furd realized he didn't like us as much as he hoped and bailed out of the after game meal at Xochimicos.

I wasn't sure if Furd or Hankk was showing up so I purposely did not wear my $70 Pulsar watch. He did get busted checking out Chuck's shoes prior to the game (I don't believe they were met with approval either :D ). By design I gave wiegie and Egret tickets to the row in front of us to ensure a clear line of sight for the game.

Really an enjoyable afternoon. I appreciate wiegie and Egret coming so far for the game.

Met up at Nemos, had a couple of beers each, shuttled to the ballpark. Had a couple of more, ate pizza, took a cab back to Nemos. Furd realized he didn't like us as much as he hoped and bailed out of the after game meal at Xochimicos.

I wasn't sure if Furd or Hankk was showing up so I purposely did not wear my $70 Pulsar watch. He did get busted checking out Chuck's shoes prior to the game (I don't believe they were met with approval either :D ). By design I gave wiegie and Egret tickets to the row in front of us to ensure a clear line of sight for the game.

Really an enjoyable afternoon. I appreciate wiegie and Egret coming so far for the game.

Good stuff.

Who was the shuttle driver? Bulky chick?

Hey now.

I left because I knew that you guys didn't like me. :D Actually, for a variety of reasons, I wasn't feeling well - no Tacos al Carbon for me.

My impressions (I had only met Puddy before yesterday):

ChuckB: Badass downriver homeboy who, needless to say, likes to bowl. Possessor of some unfortunate facial hair. His shoes were fine. (Actually, everyone was well shod - no tennis shoes in the bunch.)

Egret: quiet, unassuming guy - the son of hippies. Dated a stripper, or drove a girl to stripperdom. (I can't seem to recall which.) Has a spot reserved in heaven for him because of his work with special needs kids.

Furd: Lightweight. Wanted to buy a Timex watch for the occasion, but just couldn't part with the $9.99.

Puddy: Puddy, well. . . is Puddy.

wedgie - quiet, unassuming guy. Doesn't look anything like an economics professor. He looks like a paper boy, perhaps a model from an L.L. Bean catalog. Had the misfortune of sitting next to me at the game.

A motley crew, to be sure. :tup:

Edited by Furd

Hey now.

I left because I knew that you guys didn't like me. :doh: Actually, for a variety of reasons, I wasn't feeling well - no Tacos al Carbon for me.

My impressions (I had only met Puddy before yesterday):

ChuckB: Badass downriver homeboy who, needless to say, likes to bowl. Possessor of some unfortunate facial hair. His shoes were fine. (Actually, everyone was well shod - no tennis shoes in the bunch.)

Egret: quiet, unassuming guy - the son of hippies. Dated a stripper, or drove a girl to stripperdom. (I can't seem to recall which.) Has a spot reserved in heaven for him because of his work with special needs kids.

Furd: Lightweight. Wanted to buy a Timex watch for the occasion, but just couldn't part with the $9.99.

Puddy: Puddy, well. . . is Puddy.

wedgie - quiet, unassuming guy. Doesn't look anything like an economics professor. He looks like a paper boy, perhaps a model from an L.L. Bean catalog. Had the misfortune of sitting next to me at the game.

A motley crew, to be sure. :D

This is pretty spot on I'd have to say, and as far as the facial hair goes I like to switch it up from time to time to keep things interesting.

I for one had a great time and enjoyed meeting a few other Huddlers since I have only met ChiefJay before and let's face there's nowhere to go but up from there :D

Good group of guys....hope to do it again someday..... :D come to think of it Furd mentioned trying to get some Lions tickets in the future, I'll be looking forward to that one :tup:

I for one had a great time and enjoyed meeting a few other Huddlers since I have only met ChiefJay before and let's face there's nowhere to go but up from there :D

You haven't met Puddy before? :D

You haven't met Puddy before? :doh:

I think he rightly assumed that Puddy really shouldn't have been allowed to become a Huddler. :tup:

I had a good time yesterday. I picked up Egret at ten and then spent the 1.5 hour drive over to Detroit listening to him talk about how he beat his 2 year-old up so badly on Saturday that he gave him a bloody nose. We made it to a bar near the old Tiger Stadium (in the good part of Detroit) around 11:20 or so. We ordered some beer only to be told that they weren't allowed to sell us any beer until noon. I was like :D and the bartender must felt sorry about denying someone from St. Louis his beer, because sure enough he changed his mind and brought us some beer anyway. Puddy and ChuckB showed up around 11:30 and then Furd came walking through the door about 20 minutes or so later. It was obvious from the get-go that Furd wanted nothing to do with us as he walked right past us on the way in and then completely ignored Puddy when he called out "Furd". But after taking a quick lap around the bar, I guess Furd decided that we were the least worst group in the entire bar and he then graced us with his presence.

We stayed at the bar for a while and then took the bar shuttle over to the game. As it turned out, we were sitting in the nose-bleed seats and it seemed that Furd was about to pass out either from altitude sickness or the sheer embarrassment of not being down in box-seats. Furd ended up getting stuck sitting next to me during the game, for which I rewarded him by spilling pizza toppings over his $250 blue jeans. He initially also seemed to be under the impression that the stereotype about economic professors being uninteresting and boring was false--but by about the middle of the second inning I think he realized his mistake. I did try to make up for my lack of conversation skills by trying to hook him up with a hottie who was wearing tiger-striped pants and holding up a sign that said "Got Milk", but for some reason ol' Hankk wanted none of it. :D

Overall, the game itself wasn't that exciting (the Cardinals, as expected for this season, put up an anemic effort and lost 6-3). Interestingly, the nine runs scored in the game equaled the number of times that Egret had to get up to use the restroom. Egret also ended up buying up half of the children's toys in the Tigers Team Store (likely to bribe his broken-nosed son into loving his dad again).

After the game we had to head back to the bar to get our cars, but now it seemed the shuttle bus wanted $5 for the ride back (when they had only charged $3 for the ride to the game). We ended up taking a cab back to the bar for only $10 (which pleased Puddy, Chuck, Egret and me because it saved us money and it pleased Furd because he didn't have to ride with the unwashed masses again).

We then decided that we would go out to eat dinner in Detroit's Little Mexico (which is when Furd decided to ditch us). Along the way, Puddy gave us a tour of some of Detroit's finest places (such as the Detroit Train Station). I enjoyed the tour, although it did make me feel a little homesick for East St. Louis. On our way to the "restaunt", we passed a group of people who were changing a tire on a minivan, but for some reason Puddy didn't stop to offer his help (this is true). Puddy also entertained us with tales of his high-school exploits--most notably about how he and and friend once rented a limo and took some girls from the UP on a tour of Detroit's homeless population in an ill-advised and unsuccessful attempt to garner both street-cred and carnal knowledge.

I didn't get as much of a chance to talk with ChuckB as I would have liked. He seems like he would have been more in his element during a night-game than during the daytime. (He also seemed to be feeling the effects of his 24-hour Relay for Life fundraiser.) I will say this about, ChuckB, he indeed does have a very round head and hence the moniker ChuckB (for Charlie Brown) comes to him honestly. If I lived closer to Detroit, I would join Chuck's bowling team.

All in all, it was a very nice day and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Edited by wiegie

I think he rightly assumed that Puddy really shouldn't have been allowed to become a Huddler. :tup:

I had a good time yesterday. I picked up Egret at ten and then spent the 1.5 hour drive over to Detroit listening to him talk about how he beat his 2 year-old up so badly on Saturday that he gave him a bloody nose. We made it to a bar near the old Tiger Stadium (in the good part of Detroit) around 11:20 or so. We ordered some beer only to be told that they weren't allowed to sell us any beer until noon. I was like :D and the bartender must felt sorry about denying someone from St. Louis his beer, because sure enough he changed his mind and brought us some beer anyway. Puddy and ChuckB showed up around 11:30 and then Furd came walking through the door about 20 minutes or so later. It was obvious from the get-go that Furd wanted nothing to do with us as he walked right past us on the way in and then completely ignored Puddy when he called out "Furd". But after taking a quick lap around the bar, I guess Furd decided that we were the least worst group in the entire bar and he then graced us with his presence.

We stayed at the bar for a while and then took the bar shuttle over to the game. As it turned out, we were sitting in the nose-bleed seats and it seemed that Furd was about to pass out either from altitude sickness or the sheer embarrassment of not being down in box-seats. Furd ended up getting stuck sitting next to me during the game, for which I rewarded him by spilling pizza toppings over his $250 blue jeans. He initially also seemed to be under the impression that the stereotype about economic professors being uninteresting and boring was false--but by about the middle of the second inning I think he realized his mistake. I did try to make up for my lack of conversation skills by trying to hook him up with a hottie who was wearing tiger-striped pants and holding up a sign that said "Got Milk", but for some reason ol' Hankk wanted none of it. :D

Overall, the game itself wasn't that exciting (the Cardinals, as expected for this season, but up an anemic effort and lost 6-3). Interestingly, the nine runs scored in the game equaled the number of times that Egret had to get up to use the restroom. Egret also ended up buying up half of the children's toys in the Tigers Team Store (likely to bribe his broken-nosed son into loving his dad again).

After the game we had to head back to the bar to get our cars, but now it seemed the shuttle bus wanted $5 for the ride back (when they had only charged $3 for the ride to the game). We ended up taking a cab back to the bar for only $10 (which pleased Puddy, Chuck, Egret and me because it saved us money and it pleased Furd because he didn't have to ride with the unwashed masses again).

We then decided that we would go out to eat dinner in Detroit's Little Mexico (which is when Furd decided to ditch us). Along the way, Puddy gave us a tour of some of Detroit's finest places (such as the Detroit Train Station). I enjoyed the tour, although it did make me feel a little homesick for East St. Louis. On our way to the "restaunt", we passed a group of people who were changing a tire on a minivan, but for some reason Puddy didn't stop to offer his help (this is true). Puddy also entertained us with tales of his high-school exploits--most notably about how he and and friend once rented a limo and took some girls from the UP on a tour of Detroit's homeless population in an ill-advised and unsuccessful attempt to garner both street-cred and carnal knowledge.

I didn't get as much of a chance to talk with ChuckB as I would have liked. He seems like he would have been more in his element during a night-game than during the daytime. (He also seemed to be feeling the effects of his 24-hour Relay for Life fundraiser.) I will say this about, ChuckB, he indeed does have a very round head and hence the moniker ChuckB (for Charlie Brown) comes to him honestly . If I lived closer to Detroit, I would join Chuck's bowling team.

All in all, it was a very nice day and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

:doh: True very true. I have to say Weigie was a lot less dorkier than I expected, although as he said I didn't get a chance to talk to him a whole lot :D

And I would suggest Egret wearing a catheter next time we have an outing because he was in the bathroom more than in his seat....I think Furd made him nervous, and rightfully so.

And I would suggest Egret wearing a catheter next time we have an outing because he was in the bathroom more than in his seat....I think Furd made him nervous, and rightfully so.

In my defense... awww... I peed alot. Thankfully there are many bathrooms at Comerica Park. No waiting!

I had a good time. Thanks to wiegie for chauffeuring to and from the game. Greatly appreciated. Next time we go, we'll have to get spain to join us in Detroit. He'd love seeing the sights. Here's the pics of the inside of the Detroit train station. Detroit's on the move!

:D True very true. I have to say Weigie was a lot less dorkier than I expected, although as he said I didn't get a chance to talk to him a whole lot :D

It is to this point in this glorious tale that I've realized all of this is pure fiction.

Good job guys....you had me going for a while. :tup:

I did try to make up for my lack of conversation skills by trying to hook him up with a hottie who was wearing tiger-striped pants and holding up a sign that said "Got Milk", but for some reason ol' Hankk wanted none of it. :D

To call this woman a crone (she was in her sixties I'd guess) would be a compliment. She did have her face painted with Tiger stripes and the like, for which we were all greatful. (I'll leave it at that lest I be accused of being mean-spirited.)

The best thing was that she was holding up a sign that read "Hey Mario and ______ . (I forget the name) Got milk?" :D The lettering was about 2" high. Problem was, we were sitting about a mile and a half from the plate and the nearest camera. I suppose that from that distance one could have discerned the letters using the telescope from the Palomar observatory, but this is mere speculation.

One more interesting that I had forgotten about was when we walked past a homeless person on our way to the game and Puddy started laughingly talking about how when he and his friends were in college they used to throw pennies at the feet of homeless people just to watch them run around and try to pick up the change.

(I might have some of the details of the story off a little bit, but overall I'm pretty sure that was the gist of it.) :D

One more interesting that I had forgotten about was when we walked past a homeless person on our way to the game and Puddy started laughingly talking about how when he and his friends were in college they used to throw pennies at the feet of homeless people just to watch them run around and try to pick up the change.

(I might have some of the details of the story off a little bit, but overall I'm pretty sure that was the gist of it.) :D

The only detail you messed up was that they threw the change in the street and laughed as the homeless dodged oncoming traffic to try to pick it up.

He is one messed up dude that Puddy.