[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

alexgaddis

i bet they rigged the vote to get rid of NJ girl. they should change the voting so you have to be older than 18 and younger than 80 to vote. than sanjaya guy sucked a$$.

I'm betting that 99% of all telemarketers and customer service telephone agents in the world were calling in for Sanjaya.

This is stupid, but I gotta ask. Does anyone get annoyed when the singer taps the microphone with like three fingers of the hand that's holding it to keep the beat? I only notice female singers doing it, and only ones that are on or have been on American Idol. I first noticed it with Carrie Underwood and it drove me nuts to watch her sing. My husband thinks I'm crazy. Ok, maybe I am. :D

Christina Aguilera does it as well. Doesnt really bother me if they are hot. :D

i bet they rigged the vote to get rid of NJ girl. they should change the voting so you have to be older than 18 and younger than 80 to vote. than sanjaya guy sucked a$$.

No, I think people didn't vote for her because she sucks and can't sing. NO pun intended! lol

The voting system has always sucked. There should be a way to limit the number of votes from each phone number. You want to use every cell phone you can get your hands on to call in, fine. But being able to vote as many times as you can get in during a 2 hour span is just lame. Every year we see the wrong people leave because of that BS.

But for some reason, I still watch.... :D

No, I think people didn't vote for her because she sucks and can't sing. NO pun intended! lol

The voting system has always sucked. There should be a way to limit the number of votes from each phone number. You want to use every cell phone you can get your hands on to call in, fine. But being able to vote as many times as you can get in during a 2 hour span is just lame. Every year we see the wrong people leave because of that BS.

But for some reason, I still watch.... :D

I heard one caller on a radio show I listen to say he called in over 400 times to vote for Carrie Underwood when she was on Idol. Some people take this show way too serious. I agree it should be one vote per phone line. If there are 4 kids in the home they have to decide who gets their one vote.

I'm betting that 99% of all telemarketers and customer service telephone agents in the world were calling in for Sanjaya.

Good info here. And if they are on Bangalore time then it was perfect for them to jam the phone lines at about 7am - 10am their time with their votes for vagina (sanjaya)

I never voted for any idol but Sanjaya Malakar has my vote.

Simon Cowell said he will quit American idol if Sanjaya Wins.

It looks like This site is responsible for this movement.

That site was around last year... they were trying to get "Chicken Little" to win.

I always thought there was a 3- or 5-call limit per phone line for American Idol. Guess not. Maybe that's for another show where you call in to vote. :D

I don't watch this show and I have a womgina.

Based on some of your posts I think you gotta a little dude in you and I'm not talking about your old man. That's not a bad thing mind you. Your kind of the opposite of Menudo and Darin. :D

That site was around last year... they were trying to get "Chicken Little" to win.

I always thought there was a 3- or 5-call limit per phone line for American Idol. Guess not. Maybe that's for another show where you call in to vote. :D

That site has actually been around for a few years now. The first I remember it was 2 years ago, I think. That fat dude that sang Dance with my Father one week... I forget his name, but god he was aweful. And I THINK that website came about because of the super screwy voting system, if I remember right. They figured that if they were gonna allow dorks to war-dial until their fingers fell off, they'd start a movement to have people war-dial for the worst.

I think what gets me most about the lack of a limit on votes per phone number is how they act all shocked and surprised everytime somone that shouldn't get voted off gets voted off. That "OMG you need to VOTE, damnit!" attitude got old in season 2.

okay American Idol is on in 7 minutes-I'll watch it since I hate being called a dude.

I watched it and I've been trying to get folks to call me dude.

Oh and Sanjaya needs to go now although a few forgot their words tonight.

I started cracking up laughing as soon as Ryan Seacrest hinted that Sanjaya was going to sing "ain't no mountain high enough". The only way that Sanjaya has even the slightest chance of not sounding terrible would be for him to pick songs that almost no one has ever heard before. Instead he takes on one of the most well-known songs ever to great comical effect.

I will say this though, Sanjaya is either (as Simon suggested) very brave or else he is just so stupid that he doesn't realize how out of place he really is.

It would not surprise me that if Sanjaya does not get kicked off this week that Simon will actually point out to the callers at home that keeping Sanjaya on the show any longer is really no longer funny but has passed over into being cruel to him.

By the way, I gave back an exam two weeks ago and as I was getting ready to pass them back to my students, somebody asked me how everyone had done on them. So I answered pretending that I was Randy, Paula and Simon.

Randy: Yo dawg, you know you're my boy right? I don't know, man, it just didn't do it for me this week. You were sort of pitchy and it wasn't your best performance.

Paula: Your so cute. You really are cute. I think maybe the song was a little bit big for you this week. But you're so cute.

Simon: Those exams were a complete and utter disaster. Your whole performance was a mess. It was like something I would see in a high-school economics class.

(Some of my students found it amusing, but not all of them.) :D

By the way, I gave back an exam two weeks ago and as I was getting ready to pass them back to my students, somebody asked me how everyone had done on them. So I answered pretending that I was Randy, Paula and Simon.

Randy: Yo dawg, you know you're my boy right? I don't know, man, it just didn't do it for me this week. You were sort of pitchy and it wasn't your best performance.

Paula: Your so cute. You really are cute. I think maybe the song was a little bit big for you this week. But you're so cute.

Simon: Those exams were a complete and utter disaster. Your whole performance was a mess. It was like something I would see in a high-school economics class.

I can't wait to read ratemyprofessor after this semester.

Pretty funny chit.

I started cracking up laughing as soon as Ryan Seacrest hinted that Sanjaya was going to sing "ain't no mountain high enough". The only way that Sanjaya has even the slightest chance of not sounding terrible would be for him to pick songs that almost no one has ever heard before. Instead he takes on one of the most well-known songs ever to great comical effect.

I will say this though, Sanjaya is either (as Simon suggested) very brave or else he is just so stupid that he doesn't realize how out of place he really is.

It would not surprise me that if Sanjaya does not get kicked off this week that Simon will actually point out to the callers at home that keeping Sanjaya on the show any longer is really no longer funny but has passed over into being cruel to him.

According to www.dialidol.com - Sanjaya was the third highest vote getter......

Now that is funny. Maybe we'll get to watch him get killed by the judges for several more weeks then. He has to have a breaking point.

Edited by Puddy

Seriously?!?! :D

It's going to be like 2 years ago with that fat guy. He'll keep getting voted through until it's just not possible anymore. I think that guy made the top 6 or something that year? Scaaaaryy.