[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seeking Advice from my Huddle Brethren

Hugh 0ne

for a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis? :D

I want to replace the original radio/cassette player with an identical one. The one that is in there now has some issues where the volume goes up and down by itself, to the point where you can't listen to it anymore. Therefor I want to replace it, and would like to find the same unit.

Suggestions? :D

My son wanted a new radio in the car that he drives. It really is different than it used to be when you just go to the electronics department, pick out one and throw it in. Luckily in my case, the kid crashed the car and doesn't need it anymore.

Why would you want to replace it with the same crappy factory unit that came with it?You'll probably end up paying as much,or more than you would for something better.

You can get a decent AM/FM CD player for very little.If you're planning on keeping the car for a while,consider getting Sirius.

Finding the same radio is difficult sometimes. Do they have Marquis clubs/forums? :D

Da Vette guys who want to keep their car all-original usually send their Blose out to have it fixed. I've heard good things about http://www.doctordons.com/ fixing their radios. I have no idea if he fixed your type radio, of course.

If they upgrade over the Bose (which is just about anything), they'll sell their old one on the forum and you can find identical replacements there.