[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Time Home Owner

MrTed46

Hi guys,

I just got my new job which I am real excited about and I decided I am going to purchase a home. I have great credit and make decent amount of money. I remember reading a thread specifically for first time home owners but I can't find it (still searching). Can anyone give me advise on mortgages and such. I live in NYC if that makes a difference.

I think it probably means you are about to spend more money that I can imagine. Hopefully Big John can find that old thread for you, it was a great thread.

Your correct. The house I love is going for $750,000 and its on a small property. I can probably get it down to 700,000 but thats still insane.

NY is def overpriced but the good thing is that property here only goes up so I dont have to worry about anything when its time to sell it.

Your correct. The house I love is going for $750,000 and its on a small property. I can probably get it down to 700,000 but thats still insane.

NY is def overpriced but the good thing is that property here only goes up so I dont have to worry about anything when its time to sell it.

My cousin is a vet. Not military as in animal doctor. She lived in Boston for a few years. Rented an efficency apartment for like $1,300 a month. Good luck. Did you check the archives forums?

Hi guys,

I just got my new job which I am real excited about and I decided I am going to purchase a home. I have great credit and make decent amount of money. I remember reading a thread specifically for first time home owners but I can't find it (still searching). Can anyone give me advise on mortgages and such. I live in NYC if that makes a difference.

I would look in NJ..You will get incredible bang for your buck here compared to NY and most cities make a point to have a easy NY commute available..Private school in NY is insanely expensive to . Im not sure of your marital / Kids situation..Im a liscensed NJ realtor if you ever wanted me to send you some listings..

I would look in NJ..You will get incredible bang for your buck here compared to NY and most cities make a point to have a easy NY commute available..Private school in NY is insanely expensive to . Im not sure of your marital / Kids situation..Im a liscensed NJ realtor if you ever wanted me to send you some listings..

I agree ...its worth taking a look in nj ...you will get a whole lot more for your money

Plus, gay marriages are legal in Jersey.... :D

Chicken man, any mortgage questions you have come to me...I only do loans in Minnie so I can only offer free advice...

just remember I am a cheating bastage...

As long as you warn him about broker rebates and yield-spread premium, it's all good.

Wish me luck. I just made an offer for this house I fell in love with. They accepted the offer and I have been pre-approved for the mortgage...now its just left for contracting. My Home Engineer is going Friday to inspect it also.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that no one throws a bigger offer until everything is finalized.

Thanks for all the advise! I hope I get it.

Wish me luck. I just made an offer for this house I fell in love with. They accepted the offer

I am keeping my fingers crossed that no one throws a bigger offer until everything is finalized.

Doesn't their acceptance of your offer mean they can't accept a higher offer (unless you don't uphold your part of the deal)?

Doesn't their acceptance of your offer mean they can't accept a higher offer (unless you don't uphold your part of the deal)?

I would assume so. But my real estate agent said that she has seen instances where they would cancel it since nothing is on paper.

Was a verbal acceptance...forgot to mention. The offer goes on paper Friday 3:30pm EST.

Edited by MrTed46