[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Small Business Funding

Savage Beatings

I kind of figured that was the reality of it... but just thought I'd see if anyone else found another way. Since there's pretty much no way that I will ever convince my wife to risk our house, I guess I will have to start knocking on some doors and seek out investors. Or maybe I'll just scrap the whole thing. :D

i said to look me up via PM, but then again if you are willing to give up so easy maybe you dont have what it takes to be an entrepreneur :D

Edited by keggerz

I kind of figured that was the reality of it... but just thought I'd see if anyone else found another way. Since there's pretty much no way that I will ever convince my wife to risk our house, I guess I will have to start knocking on some doors and seek out investors. Or maybe I'll just scrap the whole thing. :D

Note that there are a ton of regulations regarding soliciting investors in a private business. You're probably ok if you only talk to family and very close friends ... but, if you widen the circle beyond this, you'll want to get a lawyer involved in creating the appropriate legal documents for your investors to sign, etc.

Note that there are a ton of regulations regarding soliciting investors in a private business. You're probably ok if you only talk to family and very close friends ... but, if you widen the circle beyond this, you'll want to get a lawyer involved in creating the appropriate legal documents for your investors to sign, etc.

:D Excellent tip... thanks muck!

If you have a solid business plan and the bank likes it, there is no reason for your wife not to like it and believe in it.

Maybe you should get a new wife....:D

a well written business plan is often overlooked by individuals that are going into business and it shouldnt be...if you need some counseling you can try and find a SCORE office in your area...

If you have a solid business plan and the bank likes it, there is no reason for your wife not to like it and believe in it.

Maybe you should get a new wife....:D

:D We've actually discussed it at length, and in truth she does believe that it could be a very successful business if handled properly, but she is just the type of person (and I've known this about her for some time) that would never take this kind of personal risk. She's a worrier of the highest degree, and this would simply eat away at her day after day, making her life (and therefore my life) miserable.

Being in business for yourself is nothing but risk everyday.

Sounds like your family unit is not up for the task.

I mean, if even your wife can't get behind it... who else would?

Get Rich or Die tryin... let her know that.

TRUE DAT

Venture Capital is also a very common way to get outside investment. Locally here in Raleigh, there is a group called the Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED) that works to link investors with business ideas. I'll bet there's a similar organization near you. CED may even be able to lead you in the right direction.

Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar. Hot boobies in my avatar.

Thanks! :D