[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Johnson vs Edge James

Ouch that is tough. They are both the same age. Last year the both would have had roughly the same number of fantasy points based on their production. Obviously there are more starting WR's than there are starting RB's, particularly starting RB's that are not part of a RBBC. On the other hand RB's start going down hill after 30, and Edge will be 30 going into the 2009 season, and has had some injuries. Edge still has one or two more good years and then starts falling off. CJ should have 4 or 5 more good years before he starts falling off. The thing that makes this a hard decision, is Edge is not in a RBBC, and with most of the league being in a RBBC this makes Edge that much more valuable. Without knowing what else you have a RB and WR as well as where your picks in the rookie draft are I really don't think you can get an informed decision. Based on what we know it is a coin flip.

I usually give the advantage to a RB when put up against a comparable WR, but one of the x-factors here is that Edge has actually had a comeback from a major injury that will most likely impact his longevity in a Dynasty league.

Define greatest value.

I like CJ longterm over Edge but I think Edge will have an upswing in numbers from the previous year (1370 comb yds, 6 TDs). Their numbers weren't all that different. CJ>> (87 catches, 1370 yds, 7 TDs)

I guess it boils down to whether you need a serviceable RB for a couple years or a serviceable WR for a few more years.

Ouch that is tough. They are both the same age. Last year the both would have had roughly the same number of fantasy points based on their production. Obviously there are more starting WR's than there are starting RB's, particularly starting RB's that are not part of a RBBC. On the other hand RB's start going down hill after 30, and Edge will be 30 going into the 2009 season, and has had some injuries. Edge still has one or two more good years and then starts falling off. CJ should have 4 or 5 more good years before he starts falling off. The thing that makes this a hard decision, is Edge is not in a RBBC, and with most of the league being in a RBBC this makes Edge that much more valuable. Without knowing what else you have a RB and WR as well as where your picks in the rookie draft are I really don't think you can get an informed decision. Based on what we know it is a coin flip.

Well my roster is at the bottom of the page and I have the #1 rook pick, which I plan on using for Peterson. The CJ owner is coming to me with this deal and is also offering Tatum Bell and a 3rd round rook pick for Edge and Musa Smith (he has McGahee). If I did this deal it would be with the intentions of making another move to improve RB.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Well my roster is at the bottom of the page and I have the #1 rook pick, which I plan on using for Peterson. The CJ owner is coming to me with this deal and is also offering Tatum Bell and a 3rd round rook pick for Edge and Musa Smith (he has McGahee). I was thinking if I did this deal I could parlay CJ or another of my WRs (or perhaps package 2 WRs) for a better/younger RB than Edge (like a Portis or Addai for example). What do you guys think of this strategy?

I'd try to trade Edge and one of your lesser WR's for a QB and a better WR. I'd take Peterson with the pick regardless. You are in pretty good shape at WR.

I have Brady and Young. Why the heck would I go after a QB??

I'm going blind, I didn't see Brady. I read Kitna, Young, and Brooks, two of which may not be starting this year. I wouldn't do the trade. I'd keep what you have, draft Peterson, and then draft a WR in the 2nd. There are some good WR's coming out this year.

Well my roster is at the bottom of the page and I have the #1 rook pick, which I plan on using for Peterson. The CJ owner is coming to me with this deal and is also offering Tatum Bell and a 3rd round rook pick for Edge and Musa Smith (he has McGahee). If I did this deal it would be with the intentions of making another move to improve RB.

I'd do this. Package Tinker Bell with that #3 rookie pick to the KJ owner in exchange for a RB or a higher draft pick.

Of course I've never played in a dynasty league so I tend to think differently than you might.

Edited by The Wolf