[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

gallbladder?

godtomsatan

I have this pain under my right rib cage area (where it curves) that has been persistent since a big meal on Friday. It has become more or less constant over the last 24 hours. The nurse I called asked if I had a history of gallbladder problems in my family.

A quick search online indicates that it's in the vicinity, but I don't have a fever, back pain, etc..

Thoughts from those with experience?

I have this pain under my right rib cage area (where it curves) that has been persistent since a big meal on Friday. It has become more or less constant over the last 24 hours. The nurse I called asked if I had a history of gallbladder problems in my family.

A quick search online indicates that it's in the vicinity, but I don't have a fever, back pain, etc..

PM me if you want the details but the plot of it is i've been dealing with that same thing since last april. So far after ultra sounds, CT scans and tons of medication they are pretty sure they don't know what's going on.

My wife had her's removed years ago. She had a severe pain in the early am, vomited, and literally looked green! :D They removed it a few weeks later. She blamed the greasy patti-melt she had for lunch, and hasn't had one since. :doh:

Just because you don't have the typical symptoms, doesn't mean it's something else. I had a pain around my navel to my solar plexus, not severe, but constant. Went to an unknown Doc, and he scheduled me for all these heart tests. Quack! :D 3 days later still had the pain, called a nurse, and w/ no fever, no nausea, and no lack of appetite, she ruled out appendicitis. At 1am I rolled over, the pain shot over to the lower right and I almost grabbed the ceiling for the pain. Went to the e-room and it was diagnosed as stage 3 or 4 appendicitis, the level just below bursting! :tup: Had the surgery around 9 am.

PM me if you want the details but the plot of it is i've been dealing with that same thing since last april. So far after ultra sounds, CT scans and tons of medication they are pretty sure they don't know what's going on.

So I made the right call by not making an appointment? :D

A hugh symptom in the patients I've seen with gallbladder problems is not just pain but nausea/vomiting. The pain is usually a dull ache or burn, and many times it worsens after meals (especially if the food has alot of fat in it). Initial workup is blood tests checking the liver (bilirubin, enzyme levels) and an imaging study looking for gallstones &/or dilation of the various bile ducts from the liver and gallbladder to the intestine. Initial treatment is a low-fat diet.

I've had 2 bouts with pain caused by the gall bladder. They happened within months of each other and were excruciating each time. There was no position I could put my body in that helped. But when they ended, it was like a switch being turned off. The pain didn't just gradually fade away, it was there one second and completely gone the next.

My sis almost died from it. She had stones in her gallbladder never went to doctor a stone got loose and got stuck in her pancreas and she was in a coma for 4 months almost died...till this day she cant eat certain stuff.

Go get it checked out ASAP. HAD she gone to doctor like everyone said it would have been a simple procedure.

My uncle had a bad bout with it, and had it completely cleared up with an improved diet and some naturopathic way to open the bile ducts and allow the gallbladder to pass some of the stones that are forming. Take that for what it's worth, but I would do all I can to avoid having to have it removed if yer failry young and in pretty good shape.

I would take the good docs advice and clean up yer diet