[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm F'in PO'ed

darin3

OK so here's the story... SXSW is this HUGH party in Austin that features all sorts of wannabe rockstars, real rockstars, and the people that should be and think they should be partying with all of the above.

Anyways, me and my beautiful fiancee headed out at about 4pm today, as several of our friends were out and about and were going to be partying at various locations in and around downtown Austin.

We get to the main St. Patty's Day party area and it is just way too crowded for our taste, so we move on. The day progresses and we meet up with a friend of ours (chick) and we continue to drink and have fun, etc...

We go to one of me and the Mrs.-to-be's favorite spots, some college bar... it's 2 stories... first floor is just your normal bar, upstairs has a big patio that overlooks 6th St, but because it's SXSW, they have a stage set up, although no one is playing yet.

Keep in mind, I have been drinking all day, but since I am a f'in fish, I am nowhere near wasted. I wouldn't even classify myself as "drunk". Anyways, we head to the bar, and there's 3-4 empty barstools at the bar, so me, fiancee and friend head that way. We order some drinks and I give my credit card (as per norm). We start talking to these guys that were sitting just adjacent to the bar (ended up being 4 guys that were in the Army, visiting Austin from nearby Ft. Hood). Well, fiancee is an Army brat and I have family/friends that have been in the Army and Marines, so we have plenty to talk about. Plus, the "friend" we were with is single and we were trying to hook her up with a nice guy.

The night wears on (maybe an hour) and suddenly, I'm alerted that me and the Mrs.-to-be are being kicked out of the bar. :D WHAT? First of all, I have only been kicked out of a bar once, and that's 'cuz I threw some chump against the wall at a bar who's friend was working a girl friend (friend that is a girl) of mine too hard. He tried to block me and said "hey, they're talkin'". Anyways.... my chick has never been kicked out of a bar either so this was a hugh surprise. She does have a mouth on her (Cajun, Sicilian, Scorpio :D) but I am shocked....

Anyways, I help her down the stairs, thinking that she somehow got WASTED in the half hour that I was rappin' with Army dude #1 and she was rapping with other Army dudes.... forgot my credit card (and drivers' license, which is required to drop a credit card) at the bar.

Turns out that my chick was pretty drunk and was dancin' around, tripppin' all over herself. Fine. You know what, I've been not only a bouncer, but bartender/bouncer at bars in California before. I know the game. At very least, you offer some sort of warning to the people in your group. If you're alone, you bounce 'em out, no question. Well, no one in our "group" was warned this was even possible. So I leave this bar sans credit card, sans license, and I am of course by far the most sober, so I go get our vehicle and pick her puking azz up.

I have already left the bar a voicemail, sent them an email and alerted the Better Business Bureau. We absolutely LOVE this bar, but they can kiss my azz as far as I'm concerned. I'm 33, make more than any college or post-college twit in that joint and dropped about 200 in that bar in less than an hour and they kicked me out.

The a-hole doorman said the manager/owner was "out on 6th St." (meaning "go away drunk azz"), but I actually wasn't that drunk... so should have at least been afforded the opportunity to discuss what happened... the fat ass doorman could tell I had my wits about me but wanted no part of my arguing azz...

So.... I'm frustrated here and wondering how hard I should push. I need my credit card and license back.... I will pay the amount I owe for drinks (no tip) but I'm tempted to dispute the charge with my credit card just for posterity's sake. I ABSOLUTELY know thats' completely the wrong thing to do... but this is complete BS.

Thoughts/comments most appreciated.

Edited by darin3

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care how much of a "fish" you are you shouldn't have driven home after having drunk all day.

At that point, I hadn't drank a lick of alcohol in 3, maybe 4 hours. I was all but sober. Thanks for your concern.

Edit: Did have a shot with the Army boys but that was the only drink I had in 3ish hours. :D My sobriety is not the question here, thanks.

What do you expect in Austin? At least he didn't check your prostate "bevo" style.

:D

Mmm, true.

Edited by darin3

So you're sitting in the BAR for a couple of hours drinking NOTHING while your fiance is getting manure faced?

Keep in mind, I have been drinking all day, but since I am a f'in fish, I am nowhere near wasted. I wouldn't even classify myself as "drunk". Anyways, we head to the bar, and there's 3-4 empty barstools at the bar, so me, fiancee and friend head that way. We order some drinks and I give my credit card (as per norm). We start talking to these guys that were sitting just adjacent to the bar (ended up being 4 guys that were in the Army, visiting Austin from nearby Ft. Hood). Well, fiancee is an Army brat and I have family/friends that have been in the Army and Marines, so we have plenty to talk about. Plus, the "friend" we were with is single and we were trying to hook her up with a nice guy.

The night wears on (maybe an hour) and suddenly, I'm alerted that me and the Mrs.-to-be are being kicked out of the bar. :D WHAT? First of all, I have only been kicked out of a bar once, and that's 'cuz I threw some chump against the wall at a bar who's friend was working a girl friend (friend that is a girl) of mine too hard. He tried to block me and said "hey, they're talkin'". Anyways.... my chick has never been kicked out of a bar either so this was a hugh surprise. She does have a mouth on her (Cajun, Sicilian, Scorpio :D) but I am shocked....

Anyways, I help her down the stairs, thinking that she somehow got WASTED in the half hour that I was rappin' with Army dude #1 and she was rapping with other Army dudes.... forgot my credit card (and drivers' license, which is required to drop a credit card) at the bar.

Turns out that my chick was pretty drunk and was dancin' around, tripppin' all over herself. Fine. You know what, I've been not only a bouncer, but bartender/bouncer at bars in California before. I know the game. At very least, you offer some sort of warning to the people in your group. If you're alone, you bounce 'em out, no question. Well, no one in our "group" was warned this was even possible. So I leave this bar sans credit card, sans license, and I am of course by far the most sober, so I go get our vehicle and pick her puking azz up.

I have already left the bar a voicemail, sent them an email and alerted the Better Business Bureau. We absolutely LOVE this bar, but they can kiss my azz as far as I'm concerned. I'm 33, make more than any college or post-college twit in that joint and dropped about 200 in that bar in less than an hour and they kicked me out.

The a-hole doorman said the manager/owner was "out on 6th St." (meaning "go away drunk azz"), but I actually wasn't that drunk... so should have at least been afforded the opportunity to discuss what happened... the fat ass doorman could tell I had my wits about me but wanted no part of my arguing azz...

So.... I'm frustrated here and wondering how hard I should push. I need my credit card and license back.... I will pay the amount I owe for drinks (no tip) but I'm tempted to dispute the charge with my credit card just for posterity's sake. I ABSOLUTELY know thats' completely the wrong thing to do... but this is complete BS.

Thoughts/comments most appreciated.

Edited by Grits and Shins

So you're sitting in the BAR for a couple of hours drinking NOTHING while your fiance is getting manure faced?

Pretty much, yeah. There's a lot of walking involved here at SXSW. Hey, it's 3 hours from you. If you did anything other than watch your kids play softball and manhandle other men in the dojo, maybe you'd know that. Thanks for your insight, sensei.

Edit: To expand on that... I got a DUI just about 1 year ago in Cali. I got drunk off my azz at around 2:30ish and stopped drinking at 5:30iish to make sure we'd be able to get home. Always have a sober driver. Hope you St. Patty's Day partiers did the same tonight.

Edited by darin3

Honestly that sounds about right around here. We never get any warning.

In fact all of my neighborhood friends here plus the Mrs. Cliaz and myself went out on the town in DC one night. We got kicked out of a bar because my neighbor smacked his own wife's a$$. How lame is that?

I'd just get the owner/manager and get your card back, pay for the drinks with no tip and chalk it up to a$$holes being over zealous on St. Patty's day and just looking for drunk a$$holes.

Pretty much, yeah. There's a lot of walking involved here at SXSW. Hey, it's 3 hours from you. If you did anything other than watch your kids play softball and manhandle other men in the dojo, maybe you'd know that. Thanks for your insight, sensei.

I'm just thnkking about all those "other" people who leave the bar after only a couple of drinks that are completely sober and end up killing somebody.

You said you had been drinking "all day" ... how long is "all day" and how many drinks do you suppose that is? And after an all day drinking binge you sobered right up in another bar after a couple of hours.

Was never into the bar scene. So why didn't you get your license and CC back? I dont understand that part. Did you forget until you got to the door and they told you......uh no you're not going in and getting it or what? Today was about the worst day next to new years eve for drinking and driving.

Edited by Hat Trick

Honestly that sounds about right around here. We never get any warning.

In fact all of my neighborhood friends here plus the Mrs. Cliaz and myself went out on the town in DC one night. We got kicked out of a bar because my neighbor smacked his own wife's a$$. How lame is that?

I'd just get the owner/manager and get your card back, pay for the drinks with no tip and chalk it up to a$$holes being over zealous on St. Patty's day and just looking for drunk a$$holes.

You know what, I'm fully prepared to do that, but I shouldn't have to. I have seen plenty of idiots in bars 'round here.... but they keep getting served. My chick ran into some idiot that was probably way drunker than she was and we get kicked out. :D

There's plenty of bars on 6th St..... this was one of the better ones. I'll have no problem droppin' my card elsewhere in the future if they want to get cute.

I'm the least educated in here when it comes to issues like this. However, I think your fiance' must've said or done something for you to get chucked, albeit without a warning. I don't think it's worth the time and effort to push things any further. It is what it is, get your stuff back, pay up, and it's up to you about asking why you were thrown out and whether or not you'll ever go back there in the future.

yup

I'm just thnkking about all those "other" people who leave the bar after only a couple of drinks that are completely sober and end up killing somebody..... blah blah.... Julio... softball.... dojo... blah...

You said you had been drinking "all day" ... how long is "all day" and how many drinks do you suppose that is? And after an all day drinking binge you sobered right up in another bar after a couple of hours.

Huh?

I was all but sober by 7pm. This occurred at 8 or 8:30pm. Yeah, I took a shot, but one shot is not going to send me over .08.

Again, thanks for your concern.

I don't care how much of a "fish" you are you shouldn't have driven home after having drunk all day.

I'm just thnkking about all those "other" people who leave the bar after only a couple of drinks that are completely sober and end up killing somebody.

Well, I can see Grits is in one of those moods. This thread could grow some serious legs. :D

You know what, I'm fully prepared to do that, but I shouldn't have to. I have seen plenty of idiots in bars 'round here.... but they keep getting served. My chick ran into some idiot that was probably way drunker than she was and we get kicked out. :D

There's plenty of bars on 6th St..... this was one of the better ones. I'll have no problem droppin' my card elsewhere in the future if they want to get cute.

This sucks you all got canned like that. I wouldn't waste time calling the BBB. That doesn't nothing really. People aren't going to call them to check out the bar before they go out drinking. Don't let it bother you too much dude. Just go get hammered at another bar one night and then beat the ever living sh1t out of the f'cker that kicked you out when he is heading to his car.

:D

Huh?

I was all but sober by 7pm. This occurred at 8 or 8:30pm. Yeah, I took a shot, but one shot is not going to send me over .08.

Again, thanks for your concern.

Yeah ... all drunks think they are sober. I will have no sympathy for you when you eventually write up the post that you left a bar one night and killed somebody even though you were "sober" or not legally drunk.

Hopefully when that happens you won't have sired any children yet.

Next you are going to tell me that you had all that alcohol with food and drank lots of coffee ...

Edited by Grits and Shins

I agree with Cliaz. Call the bar and arrange for you to get your things back and call it a day. If you are on the fence about going back to that establishment in the future request to speak to the manager and explain the situation and make a decision on if you will return there in the future based on the outcome of the conversation with the manager.

Edited by max

Well, I can see Grits is in one of those moods. This thread could grow some serious legs. :D

Well I understand where he's coming from and understand his point.....but he sure was poking the hornets nest.

I'm the least educated in here when it comes to issues like this. However, I think your fiance' must've said or done something for you to get chucked, albeit without a warning. I don't think it's worth the time and effort to push things any further. It is what it is, get your stuff back, pay up, and it's up to you about asking why you were thrown out and whether or not you'll ever go back there in the future.

Dude if you've never been out drinking before you have no clue about bar life. Sometimes you can get kicked out just for slipping in a wet spot. If the manager on duty thinking you are too drunk, you can get cut off and kicked out.

:teabagsirish:

Yeah ... all drunks think they are sober. I will have no sympathy for you when you eventually write up the post that you left a bar one night and killed somebody even though you were "sober" or not legally drunk.

And to think I won "Most Annoying Huddler" :D I couldn't even fasten the sandles.

Agree, to a point....

I would have liked a discussion w/ management/ownership when I requested it, though. The doorman/bouncer recognized that I was sober and capable of an intelligent discussion, but gave me no opportunity to work things out.

I'm just bitter due to the fact that I was a/ probably the most sober person there, b/ had dropped 200 bucks in there... and c/ well the other reasons don't really matter but I had bought drinks for deserving servicemen, was going to tip big time (had been given great service) and loved the bar in our other visits...

I'd love to square things away with ownership/management and write it off as jumpy bouncers and a miscue from my buzzed fiancee who in all honestly simply lost her balance after some drunk college twit bumped into her..... but whatever.

I don't think anyone should be all that surprised that someone working at a bar on St Paddy's day might be a little extra sensitive then a regular night to how much they're serving to someone. Granted, maybe you feel they could have handled it better, but what are you gonna do? I seriously doubt you'll get any satisifaction from the BBB, who are they going to believe, some drunk or the management of the bar? :D

Best thing to do is express your feelings when you go back to get your card and let them know you'll be spending your money elsewheres in the future. Not much else you can do.

And you know, Blitz is just trying to bait you, don't get hooked.

Next you are going to tell me that you had all that alcohol with food and drank lots of coffee ...

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Grits and Shins.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Grits and Shins

Bye.

Dude if you've never been out drinking before you have no clue about bar life. Sometimes you can get kicked out just for slipping in a wet spot. If the manager on duty thinking you are too drunk, you can get cut off and kicked out.

:teabagsirish:

Don't make me cut your sack off. I clearly stated that I'm the least educated when it comes to this stuff. I just suggested that since it would probably be a losing battle that Darin would be fighting that he should just get his sh1t, pay up and forget the incident altogether. I'm not saying he's wrong, or that I would be experienced enough to know whether he was or wasn't but what's done is done, No?