[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Charles Rogers ever play again?

peepinmofo

I can understand the broken collar bones. Football is a tough sport but the drugs? Use your head, man. It's like Ricky Williams. Ok so you wanna smoke pot. Smoke pot AFTER your career and you make your millions, duh. Gotta agree with the idiot title placed on any player that makes that kind of choice. As Jimmy Johnson says "Duh Um".

I don't recall him ever playing. I hope he saved some of his money.

I kind of hope he didn't save any because he never earned a dime...

I have a 2008 membership that says he'll be on an NFL roster this year.

For how long? A day? A month? All year?

I'll bet you that he's not on an active NFL roster for more than a month, 31 days, in 2007. This is cumulative -all days and all teams.

Edited by Furd

I'll bet you that he's not on an active NFL roster for more than a month, 31 days, in 2008. This is cumulative -all days and all teams.

Waiting nearly 2 years for a bet seems over the top :D

I'll bet you that he's not on an active NFL roster for more than a month, 31 days, in 2007. This is cumulative -all days and all teams.

How about a month?

Waiting nearly 2 years for a bet seems over the top :D

Maybe I am getting my year's wrong... but we're going to be paying for 2007 before the season starts, right? Heck.... beer? ....whatever. Not too much into sigline bets though because unless your UT, Perch or Blitz there's not too much I could put in your sigline that I'd get much enjoyment out of.

Didn't he run a 4.77 forty in a tryout with the Patriots?

This was his initial "Prospect profile" prior to being drafted number 1: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/rogers_charles

Had a 4.43 40 initially...it's good but at 6'2 it isn't exactly blazing. Not sure why he went so high in the first place.

I read that he clocked in at about 4.8 in his tryout with the KCC earlier this year.

If you can't make the KC squad at WR, you're hurting.

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) is reportedly getting worse at his workouts for teams. Rogers apparently rant the 40-yard dash in the range of 4.8 seconds during a workout with the Kansas City Chiefs in January.

How about a month?

You're on.

If Rogers is on an active roster for more than 30 days cumulative, I'll buy your 2008 Huddle Membership. If not, you send the amount of a membership to the charity of my choosing.

This was his initial "Prospect profile" prior to being drafted number 2: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/rogers_charles

Had a 4.43 40 initially...it's good but at 6'2 it isn't exactly blazing. Not sure why he went so high in the first place.

Charles Rogers came right into the league looking excellent. it is very rare for a WR to come right into the league and look like a stud immediately. Rogers did that until hurting himself. he had at least 4 catches in his 1st 5 games with 3 TD's in those 5 games that 1st season.

I cannot blame the Lions for that pick unless they already knew he was a headcase before drafting him. which is possible.

You're on.

If Rogers is on an active roster for more than 30 days cumulative, I'll buy your 2008 Huddle Membership. If not, you send the amount of a membership to the charity of my choosing.

I like that idea better... the charity. Drop my winnings in whatever can moves you - except the Human Fund. I don't trust those cats.