[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

john edwards.....disgusting

dmarc117

When you visit the John Edwards for President Web site, you're invited to send a sympathy note to the Edwardses. And tens of thousands of well wishers have done so since that heart-wrenching news conference two weeks ago at which Elizabeth Edwards courageously discussed her incurable cancer.

What those well wishers get in return -- e-mail messages soliciting contributions to Edwards's campaign.

:D

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/

Edited by dmarc117

Interesting how much things can change in a generation. Back in the 1960's, JFK went to great lengths to conceal how bad his back hurt from the voters, fearing the traditional concern that the public has for the health of our POTUS.

Now, its seen as a political bonus to tout the wife's cancer? Won't the voters be concerned that he will be distracted with his wife's fight to live? I believe it should be considered with all the other factors is choosing the next POTUS, so this cannot help him now.

This post makes it sound even worse, like he's a hopeless opportunist.

But you can't hide these things nowadays, so I suppose he didn't have much choice here. Perhaps he should drop out now...

Instead of taking the word of some blog, I went to Edwards site, found the link, I sent my message to them.

So far no auto response solicitation.

:D

same here....but you take the word of blogs on the global warming farce? :D

im guessing they saw the story and stopped sending out emails immediately

Edited by dmarc117

same here....but you take the word of blogs on the global warming farce? :D

I'm not carrying water for Edwards here, but is it possible that their webmaster simply made a mistake when he set up the screens for sending the well wishes and linked them to the same auto response for donations that another part of his site was set up for when leaving your e-mail address? :D

well the article doesn't SAY the contribution solicitations are an auto-response type of email. it says well-wishers get put into the campaign email database, so that next time they do send out requests for contribution supercuts can be sure to get one. unless, like you said, they saw the story blowing the whistle on them today and decided to start keeping those email addresses out of their solicitation database.

Edited by Azazello1313

Just got this response yesterday...

Thank you very much for sending a note to Elizabeth. I can't tell you how much the outpouring of kind sentiments means to her.

She's working on responding to all the correspondence but, in the mean time, she wanted you to know that she just had a great few days on the road in Iowa and New Hampshire with John, Cate, Jack, and Emma Claire.

If you would like to continue to receive e-mails from the John Edwards campaign with other opportunities to get involved, please click the link below to sign up for our general campaign mailing list.

http://johnedwards.com/r/9652/929739/

Thanks again for your kind words and support.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Prince

Deputy Campaign Manager

John Edwards For President

How You Can Take Action

Join the Campaign Make a Contribution Spread the Word

Make sure you receive email updates from Senator Edwards. Find out how to add john@johnedwards.com to your Address Book.

Click here to unsubscribe from email sent by John Edwards for President.

Paid for by John Edwards for President 410 Market Street, Suite 400, Chapel Hill, NC 27516 (919) 636-3131. johnedwards.com. Contributions to John Edwards for President are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Just got this response yesterday...

Thank you very much for sending a note to Elizabeth. I can't tell you how much the outpouring of kind sentiments means to her.

She's working on responding to all the correspondence but, in the mean time, she wanted you to know that she just had a great few days on the road in Iowa and New Hampshire with John, Cate, Jack, and Emma Claire.

If you would like to continue to receive e-mails from the John Edwards campaign with other opportunities to get involved, please click the link below to sign up for our general campaign mailing list.

http://johnedwards.com/r/9652/929739/

Thanks again for your kind words and support.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Prince

Deputy Campaign Manager

John Edwards For President

How You Can Take Action

Join the Campaign Make a Contribution Spread the Word

Make sure you receive email updates from Senator Edwards. Find out how to add john@johnedwards.com to your Address Book.

Click here to unsubscribe from email sent by John Edwards for President.

Paid for by John Edwards for President 410 Market Street, Suite 400, Chapel Hill, NC 27516 (919) 636-3131. johnedwards.com. Contributions to John Edwards for President are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.

Disgusting.

I vote for Bush/Cheney and set my bar so much higher than this sleazeball actually responding to your well-wishes. Frothy-mouthed indignation and outrage! Lieberal! Demoncrap! :D

Disgusting.

I vote for Bush/Cheney and set my bar so much higher than this sleazeball actually responding to your well-wishes. Frothy-mouthed indignation and outrage! Lieberal! Demoncrap! :D

im willing to bet that the emails were altered once the news got ahold of the story.....just a wild guess

im willing to bet that the emails were altered once the news got ahold of the story.....just a wild guess

Let me put this simply...

You. Voted. For. Bush.

Your ability to accuse anyone of alleged shifting explanations or possible sleazyness have ceased quicker than Marv Albert's ability to call someone else a pervert.

Sorry. You're going to have to prove your accusations, or show that you have no tolerance for political shnenigans. You can't be selectively indignant without sounding like a swoosh.