[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Mavericks clinch #1 seed

myhousekey

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old news. This yr Philly will get its ass smoked by da Boys.

It'll be old news if and when Dallas makes it old news. Just like OU is still BSU's female dog until at least next year. I have a very hard time believing that if someone from a city that Dallas swept starting talking smack you wouldn't bring up the same thing.

It'll be old news if and when Dallas makes it old news. Just like OU is still BSU's female dog until at least next year. I have a very hard time believing that if someone from a city that Dallas swept starting talking smack you wouldn't bring up the same thing.

School of Sarge:

If something happend in the last 10 yrs and I like it, Hell yes.

If it happened 3 seconds ago, and I dont like it, old news.

:D

Houston couldnt even slow the tempo of Utah. GS would have ate their lunch. These 2 series in the western conference are going to be fun to watch. 2 different styles in each.

I predict Utah and SA to advance, and SA to win it all.

Your actually my b*tch. I whip you ass in every argument, every fantasy sport, and every post. So you got the word right.

BC, Me, Darin all like the match up vs Houston better, as they are the easier team for GS to punk next. And yes I said punk next . And when has your opinion ever been right about anything. Your opinion on players in BCS league, didnt net you sh*t, your opinion in hoops didnt net you sh*t. Hell at least I made the final in BCS, and lgot third in Hoops. Did you even qualify as a top 6 in either. F;ck no. Basically in my posts today, I proved you as a fraud, and if I hadnt deleted that bragging PM of you and Shawn Kemp as good pals, Id have given everyone else the laugh I got. There was a reason why you didnt post it, instead of PM it to me, like Im suppose to be impressed. I'll be impressed with you, when you pay the dues in BCS and honor your word. That is if Houston can even get past Utah, which we all seem to think is a tougher matchup for GS in the first place. Maybe thats your point, you dont think Houston will win game 7, so you spewed off, knowing you wouldnt even have to back up the bet. Yep, thats probably it.

Now GFY..... :D

just back and saw this :D - stay hot private with the fantasy league results..... that is great.

Well thought TMac and Houston would get it done at home -didn't happen oh well.

Impressed I would pay yer dues in the BCS- and honor my word?? what?? yeah, paying yer $50 bones would be tough. Yer a moron, I give a F what you think.

just back and saw this :D - stay hot private with the fantasy league results..... that is great.

Well thought TMac and Houston would get it done at home -didn't happen oh well.

Impressed I would pay yer dues in the BCS- and honor my word?? what?? yeah, paying yer $50 bones would be tough. Yer a moron, I give a F what you think.

I know you give a F what I think. That is why you follow me around the messageboards. From college forum, to here, etc. Houston didnt even slow down Utah, you think they would slow down GS. Oh you did, well thats too bad, you would have been wrong again.

School of Sarge:

If something happend in the last 10 yrs and I like it, Hell yes.

If it happened 3 seconds ago, and I dont like it, old news.

:D

I would imagine that would be a rather needed attitude to take if you are a blowhard who is often wrong.

Hey Wildcat don't bite when Sarge spews his venom. I've been on this site long enough to know that his B-Ball knowledge doesn't compare to yours. He does this same thing with anyone that has a differing opinion than him.

It's fun to have minor barbs with guys about posts that are made but this guy takes it to a whole new level. He's obviously a very insecure and lonely guy. He likes to claim that he gets the better of everyone on these boards but the reality is he continues to make a :D out of himself and the rest of us just sit back and :D at his ignorance.

Edited by theprofessor

Hey Wildcat don't bite when Sarge spews his venom. I've been on this site long enough to know that his B-Ball knowledge doesn't compare to yours. He does this same thing with anyone that has a differing opinion than him.

It's fun to have minor barbs with guys about posts that are made but this guy takes it to a whole new level. He's obviously a very insecure and lonely guy. He likes to claim that he gets the better of everyone on these boards but the reality is he continues to make a :D out of himself and the rest of us just sit back and :D at his ignorance.

LMAO, Ive won every Fantasy Basketball league Ive been in for 8 yrs, until this yr, when I got 3rd. Would have won it too, had I not taken 2 DNP in the semifinal. But that is now water under the bridge. Hoops is probably my strongest sport out there, so no widlcat doesnt know sh*t compared to me in Hoops. Not even close.

BTW, as a father of 3 kids, 3,5,12, I am hardly lonely. I had 3 hrs on Saturday to myself when my wife took my 3 kids to a B-day party and it was quiet at my house for the first time in I cant remember. But that isnt me. I coach my kids in baseball, softball, and soccer. My son starts football this fall, and Ive already declined coaching that as well. There comes a point, when you have to say no every time you are asked.

Anyway, thought it was hilarious the inscure and lonely guy. I wouldnt trade my life for anyone. Well, maybe Tony Romo for a day, to hook up with Carrie Underwood, but thats about it. :tup:

Utah is making a mistake trying to play this way. They need to play defense, and slow things down the other way. This is exactly the way GS wants to play and they are better at it than Utah. I dont care the success of one game, this is not the way to play GS.

Boozer is doing exactly what he needs to do.. pulling in lots of boards (esp. offensive boards), and, IMO he is the biggest threat to the Warriors chances, but, as long as the W's are able to hit from behind the arc, they will be in these games, which will allow Baron Davis the chance to win it for them down the stretch.

Am I crazy when I say Boozer reminds me of Karl Malone?

Read an old ESPN the magazine this past weekend. It had an article on Booker, basically saying he was receiving hate mail from Cleveland fans when they could only offer him 41 mil and Utah could offer 68 mil for the same amount of yrs. Anyway, Malone was his idol growing up, and he said even if the money was the same, he wanted to go to Utah to be the man, The man Malone once was. So to compare him to Malone would be a compliment to Boozer.

Also on the cover of that particular issue of ESPN the mag, it had TO and McNabb in Bird green. Next to TO it said I bring in McNabbs papper, and Mcnabb cuts TO's yard, and on Sunday they play catch. Thought that was hilarious now.......

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Read an old ESPN the magazine this past weekend. It had an article on Booker, basically saying he was receiving hate mail from Cleveland fans when they could only offer him 41 mil and Utah could offer 68 mil for the same amount of yrs.

Well, the simple fact is, Boozer screwed Cleveland plain and simple. Cleveland had him under contract for next to nothing and only released him because of some technicality so they could resign him to considerably more. Then he immediately signs with another team. Certainly Utah was prepared to pay him a lot more than Cleveland was and you can't blame a guy for taking the best deal out there. However Cleveland didn't have to do what it did for him and could have kept paying him much less than $1mil per. He could have said, "I'm not sure I want to stay here so let me just play out my contract and test the market. Instead he must have given them some reason to think that he wasn't going to pull this crap and got out early.

Well, the simple fact is, Boozer screwed Cleveland plain and simple. Cleveland had him under contract for next to nothing and only released him because of some technicality so they could resign him to considerably more. Then he immediately signs with another team. Certainly Utah was prepared to pay him a lot more than Cleveland was and you can't blame a guy for taking the best deal out there. However Cleveland didn't have to do what it did for him and could have kept paying him much less than $1mil per. He could have said, "I'm not sure I want to stay here so let me just play out my contract and test the market. Instead he must have given them some reason to think that he wasn't going to pull this crap and got out early.

YOu might want to read that article. the coach of the Cavs then, wanted Boozer to be nothing more than an energy guy who could rebound when called upon and said they were going to ride Z Ilgauska until his legs fell off. What? If I was boozer Id have left too if my coach thought that of me. Cleveland could have kept Boozer one more yr, but chose to try and lock him up early to save them considerable cash the next yr. It was a mistake, as the coach couldnt stop running his trap about how fine they would be without Boozer, to try and get him to sign the 41 mil deal, as if no one else would consider giving him close to that. So I hardly think Boozer screwed the fans, the Cleveland front office screwed the fans, by releasing him, instead of just signing him to an extension like most clubs do their good players. They tried to railroad him into a lesser contract and he walked for 27 million more. Oops.

Did the Mavericks loose because of trickery or just becasue they are chokers?

They lost IMO because Nelly was able to outcoach his protege Avery Johnson. He got Dallas to try and play the running game with the Warriors, and Nelly was able to take Nowitzki out of his game, forcing him to settle for outside shots rather than use his considerable size advantage down low.

He also utilized his larger guards (Davis, Richardson) in the post, where they could outmuscle Dallas' guards. It also helped that the W's were on fire from the outside.

They lost IMO because Nelly was able to outcoach his protege Avery Johnson. He got Dallas to try and play the running game with the Warriors, and Nelly was able to take Nowitzki out of his game, forcing him to settle for outside shots rather than use his considerable size advantage down low.

He also utilized his larger guards (Davis, Richardson) in the post, where they could outmuscle Dallas' guards. It also helped that the W's were on fire from the outside.

Excellent analysis IMO.

I think Dallas needs to upgrade their guards defensively next year. they were abused.

Exactly right. Dallas didnt have a PG that could get Dirk the ball, by penetrating and forcing the double team on dirk to come to the basket. When D Harris drove the lane, he never kicked it back outside to Dirk in the post, and let him get going. Dallas has some tough decisions to make next yr. This team is built to beat SA and Phoenix, as their guard play doesnt play defense, and they cant post Dallas guards.

Dallas is the only team that can beat SA in a 7 game series, but they couldnt get past GS to do it.

So Dallas has some tough decisions to make this offseason. Blowing this team up is not the answer, but they need to add a legit PG, or a down low presence. Gasol and Garnett are the 2 biggest names, but both will cost them minimum J Howard, Terry, and Dampier via trade. So Im not sure I do that. And Chauncy Billups is a FA, but he wants a max contract and dallas cant do that unless they deal another big contract. Though they do have some 20 mil coming off their books with Stackhouse making 14 mil, and Croshere making 7 mil as expiring contracts. Dallas wants to resign Stack at a fraction of that, so we will see. Its going to be an interesting offseason in Dallas.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

It sure will be an iteresting offseason. IIRC, the Warriors will have quite a bit of cap room this upcoming season (not sure how the trading of Dunleavy and Murphy for Jackson and Harrington affected that), so, hopefully this playoff push and the chance to play for NElly and for the Golden State fans will be enough of an allure to attract some significant free agent.

The W's major need is a post threat that can score that is not a guard but that can keep up with the uptempo pace on offense.

It sure will be an iteresting offseason. IIRC, the Warriors will have quite a bit of cap room this upcoming season (not sure how the trading of Dunleavy and Murphy for Jackson and Harrington affected that), so, hopefully this playoff push and the chance to play for NElly and for the Golden State fans will be enough of an allure to attract some significant free agent.

The W's major need is a post threat that can score that is not a guard but that can keep up with the uptempo pace on offense.

Somehow I doubt many will be looking to go to GS, to play for Nelly. They had one great series, and got out of round 1 for the first time in forever. This is a 42 win club, and was on fire for the last month of the season. I could see GS winnning 47-48 games, but that is probably the ceiling. I dont see them being anything more than a #5 or #6 seed next yr, probably losing to San Antonio or Utah in the first round. GS beat one of probably 2-3 teams they actually match up well against in round 1, and its a shame for me, my Mavs were built for San Antonio, but not freakin Golden State. We believe was a nice slogan, and deservedly so considering the #8 vs #1 matchup in round 1, but its almost midnight for Cinderella. Nelly is not a coach that will ever get a team in the Finals, and what FA is going to want to bank on Baron Davis health to help them advance in the playoffs. That dude is as fragile as any NBA player in the league. As great as he showed he can be when there is no one on dallas to guard him, he played over his head in that series. Look at his career numbers, or any 1 season for that matter. His %s are below average for a PG, and then look at the Mavs series. Its night and day difference.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Somehow I doubt many will be looking to go to GS, to play for Nelly. They had one great series, and got out of round 1 for the first time in forever. This is a 42 win club, and was on fire for the last month of the season. I could see GS winnning 47-48 games, but that is probably the ceiling. I dont see them being anything more than a #5 or #6 seed next yr, probably losing to San Antonio or Utah in the first round. GS beat one of probably 2-3 teams they actually match up well against in round 1, and its a shame for me, my Mavs were built for San Antonio, but not freakin Golden State. We believe was a nice slogan, and deservedly so considering the #8 vs #1 matchup in round 1, but its almost midnight for Cinderella. Nelly is not a coach that will ever get a team in the Finals, and what FA is going to want to bank on Baron Davis health to help them advance in the playoffs. That dude is as fragile as any NBA player in the league. As great as he showed he can be when there is no one on dallas to guard him, he played over his head in that series. Look at his career numbers, or any 1 season for that matter. His %s are below average for a PG, and then look at the Mavs series. Its night and day difference.

I have nowhere near the basketball knowledge of other contributors here but the GSW ride definitely looks to me like a Rocky Balboa deal. These guys are great to watch and they're running on a sea of emotion and cussedness. They look like a street team, play like a street team and you somehow know that's not a season-to-season strategy. Magical while it lasts, though.