[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Telephony?

rocknrobn26

After my crash my modem does not work. I reinstalled the drivers, I go to my fax s/w and it does not see the modem. I go to phone and modem in the control panel and it says it can't "It can't be opened. You may have trouble w/ Telephony". WT flock does that mean? Where do I go from there?

Help???? :D

Can you call a network technician from 1994?

Wait wait... :tup: (Travels back in time)

It has to do with the Trumpet WinSock connection!

Whoa... I was in a trance there for a second. :D

Atomic.......

You are on my hit list! Don't push it! :D:doh:

what's a modem?

What, you're not on Win 3.11 for Workgroups?

You people better watch your backside! :D My buds Vinny and Guido are in the wings waiting to put the blow torch and pliers on your privates! Don't make me call them.... too many candles to light! :tup:

All I want to do is get my PC fax workin'!!!! :D

After my crash my modem does not work. I reinstalled the drivers, I go to my fax s/w and it does not see the modem. I go to phone and modem in the control panel and it says it can't "It can't be opened. You may have trouble w/ Telephony". WT flock does that mean? Where do I go from there?

Are you sure that the fax has been installed? If you look in system, does it list the fax as there?

Are you sure that the fax has been installed? If you look in system, does it list the fax as there?

The Fax printer is there but won't work, the modem is operating correctly according to Device Manager.

Go to the phone and modem in control panel, remove it, reboot, cross fingers, let windows re-install it, run the diagnostics on the modem properties page.

If it comes back good, then try your fax software, comes back anything else, clean install may be the only way to fix it.

Go to the phone and modem in control panel, remove it, reboot, cross fingers, let windows re-install it, run the diagnostics on the modem properties page.

If it comes back good, then try your fax software, comes back anything else, clean install may be the only way to fix it.

Did that before, tried again same results. If I try to dial out of Outlook I get "No telephony services are installed". If I try to dial thru the Fax s/w it's basically the same error. When I query in the modem diagnostics in Device Manager all looks fine.

Is this a modem that came with the system or is it one your had added in? If it was an add-in, you need to use the driver disc that came with the modem & remove the existing drivers and when windows wants to re-install the driver, point it to the disc.

You mention problems with the fax software. Are you only having problems with that and all other uses of the modem (like dialing up to an ISP) are fine, or does it not work for anything?

You could always try to dial your cell phone using hyper terminal (built in windows communication software) to see if you are getting out at all.

Is this a modem that came with the system or is it one your had added in? If it was an add-in, you need to use the driver disc that came with the modem & remove the existing drivers and when windows wants to re-install the driver, point it to the disc.

You mention problems with the fax software. Are you only having problems with that and all other uses of the modem (like dialing up to an ISP) are fine, or does it not work for anything?

You could always try to dial your cell phone using hyper terminal (built in windows communication software) to see if you are getting out at all.

FWIW..... I went to Admin. Services and found that Telephony Services was disabled so I enabled it. No idea how that happened. I know I never touched it. Since then the faxes are working fine, but the dialer in Outlook isn't working. This will be an ongoing project, and the fax thing is minimal. I really only use the modem for calling people from my Outlook addy book. More later.

FWIW..... I went to Admin. Services and found that Telephony Services was disabled so I enabled it. No idea how that happened. I know I never touched it. Since then the faxes are working fine, but the dialer in Outlook isn't working. This will be an ongoing project, and the fax thing is minimal. I really only use the modem for calling people from my Outlook addy book. More later.

Assume you have searched Microsoft's knowledge base for issues with Outlook modem dialer...

Assume you have searched Microsoft's knowledge base for issues with Outlook modem dialer...

Yup, Worthless! Interesting that I can make a call thru my fax s/w, including the answering machine. For some reason only Outlook can't see the connection. :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

Glad you made some progress with this.

Oh BTW ...

Did you get your Betamax to work with your flat screen tv yet? :D

Found this on microsoft.com in their KB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254259/en-us

And that is where the problem might be. The 'Dialer' is not there! :D

On the upper right hand corner of that page I gave you the link to you can click on the arrow under "Search Support (KB)" to see the other results of the search I did. There may be something in there that could help. Not sure though.