[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sopranos

muck

Man, Paulie was close to getting his for flapping his big yap! No wonder he sent a $2k coffee machine to Carmella when they got back from fishing!

I didn't really get the side track on all the stuff with Uncle Junior, though...seemed like an poorly used half an episode to me, especially given that there are only a handful of episodes left...

I love it. Jr was freaking funny as hell there. Running a card game with buttons and telling all of those jokes.

They closed up the story line with Johnny Sack, they just closed up uncle jr story line. So far I've dug this season. Plus that boss got shot in the eye. Awesome.

I loved the intensity of the moments on the boat, when they were making you think that Paulie might get whacked. I know some people are down on this show, but, for my $$$, there isn't a better show on T.V., and I'm going to be :D when it is gone.

To me this was a set up episode. Tony keeps getting these clues to step down. All the health issues for others, Carmella saying at our age we are still living like this etc. Lots of talk about Tony's dad as well taking Tony thru his life. Junior is being set up for a suicide I think. They are showing he is loosing control of everything. It was hilarious that he was running a card game and soda and snack shop. The next episodes will be very action packed. And apparently the NY crew is taking care of deciding who's boss. Were they the same shooters?

Wasn't too impressed with this episode. Did Chase actually want us to believe that Tony was going to whack Paulie? I wasn't buying it.

He wasn't. He was going to put Paulie to a test by threating him about that joke with the knife or hatchet out there on the water. Remember what he was saying to Beansy?

Then tony figured it just wasn't worth the effort.

He wasn't. He was going to put Paulie to a test by threating him about that joke with the knife or hatchet out there on the water. Remember what he was saying to Beansy?

Then tony figured it just wasn't worth the effort.

It's not like Toni is going to be able to take Paulie out with a fish hook or his hands. Paulie's old but still pumps weights and could probably take Toni. He just wanted to send a message and did so with a cold beer to the gut.

Apparently I didn't hear all of it. I just remember the part about Tony asking him if he thought that Paulie's mouth would be a liability.

i enjoyed it. they really keep hammering the mortality theme pretty hard. carmela making the comment about still doing that at their age, paulie commenting about beansy being old and having to pee in a bag, all the reminiscing. i think the uncle junior stuff was there to contrast with that photo of junior as a bad-ass, versus junior now. that asian kid thought he was befriending a gangster, but junior ended up wetting himself and in the end would rather sedate himself than wear diapers. also, i think when tony commented to beansy about "waiting for the other shoe to drop," it was foretelling -- it's been that way for all three episodes. i wonder what significance paulie's dream -- "when my times comes, will i stand up?" -- will have, and whether his fear of getting whacked will make him act irrationally. and phil's newfound bravado can't be good for tony.

i enjoyed it. they really keep hammering the mortality theme pretty hard. carmela making the comment about still doing that at their age, paulie commenting about beansy being old and having to pee in a bag, all the reminiscing. i think the uncle junior stuff was there to contrast with that photo of junior as a bad-ass, versus junior now. that asian kid thought he was befriending a gangster, but junior ended up wetting himself and in the end would rather sedate himself than wear diapers. also, i think when tony commented to beansy about "waiting for the other shoe to drop," it was foretelling -- it's been that way for all three episodes. i wonder what significance paulie's dream -- "when my times comes, will i stand up?" -- will have, and whether his fear of getting whacked will make him act irrationally. and phil's newfound bravado can't be good for tony.

You know i was kind of thinking that paulie was wearing a wire while talking to Tony about killing that dude. He was asking too many questions and making obvious statements.

Man, Paulie was close to getting his for flapping his big yap! No wonder he sent a $2k coffee machine to Carmella when they got back from fishing!

I didn't really get the side track on all the stuff with Uncle Junior, though...seemed like an poorly used half an episode to me, especially given that there are only a handful of episodes left...

The Junior thing was another illustration of how ill gotten power ends up. One dies in obscurity in a hospital bed, one is whacked in the streets, and Junior is reduced to a victim who more than likely wishes he was dead. This year is by far better than last year, and it's interesting to see if all the main characters will suffer some sort of demise or if any of them will get out unscathed.

With all the messages we received last night, you would think that Paulie is a goner. However, the show has started plot lines before and left them unresolved, like the rape of Melfi and the Russian in the woods. Last night is either the precursor to Paulie getting whacked or a diversion tactic for something else.

If Phil is boss, he’s gonna come after Tony for the revenge of his brother’s murder.

I think that last night might be pretty much the last we see of Junior. That kid rocked him pretty hard.

You know i was kind of thinking that paulie was wearing a wire while talking to Tony about killing that dude. He was asking too many questions and making obvious statements.

I was wondering if the reason Paulie was scratching his stomach on the boat was because he was wearing a wire... And the look on Paulie's face when he told Tony that he didn't tell Johnny the joke about Jenny was priceless -- "Holy crap, he's going to kill me out here if he doesn't believe me." -- and, given how easily Tony sees through stuff (like the guy who actually wrote Cleaver taking the blame for the story line in the movie that pissed Carmella and Tony off, but Tony really knowing that it was Chris that did it), I have a hard time believing that Tony didn't know that Paulie was lying, but let him live anyhow.

Related (and for give me for not knowing), hasn't Paulie always been pretty tight with Leotardo and the rest of the NY crew? Is there a reason from past episodes that would mean Beansy would, as a favor to NY, convince Tony to not whack Paulie?

Paulie doesn't have anything to live for ... except the guys. But, as Tony noted, Paulie has never really been pressed by the Feds.

One part of the Tony / Paulie story line that I was wondering if it'd ever come back up is when Paulie beat the crap out of that college kid over a couple of grand, when Tony specifically told him to leave the kid alone, and Paulie simply couldn't and he crushed the kids knee with a pipe. IIRC, Tony said, "If you touch him, Paulie, I will kill you. Do you understand?" "Yes, Tony."

...this is some pretty good stuff...

With all the messages we received last night, you would think that Paulie is a goner. However, the show has started plot lines before and left them unresolved, like the rape of Melfi and the Russian in the woods. Last night is either the precursor to Paulie getting whacked or a diversion tactic for something else.

If Phil is boss, he’s gonna come after Tony for the revenge of his brother’s murder.

I think that last night might be pretty much the last we see of Junior. That kid rocked him pretty hard.

i thought it was weird, too, that they had the scene with tony and paulie making the deal with those hispanic guys (cubans?) in miami. i know this show brings stuff up all the time without any conclusion, but that seemed weird to do if it doesn't factor into anything.

I was wondering if the reason Paulie was scratching his stomach on the boat was because he was wearing a wire... And the look on Paulie's face when he told Tony that he didn't tell Johnny the joke about Jenny was priceless -- "Holy crap, he's going to kill me out here if he doesn't believe me." -- and, given how easily Tony sees through stuff (like the guy who actually wrote Cleaver taking the blame for the story line in the movie that pissed Carmella and Tony off, but Tony really knowing that it was Chris that did it), I have a hard time believing that Tony didn't know that Paulie was lying, but let him live anyhow.

Related (and for give me for not knowing), hasn't Paulie always been pretty tight with Leotardo and the rest of the NY crew? Is there a reason from past episodes that would mean Beansy would, as a favor to NY, convince Tony to not whack Paulie?

Paulie doesn't have anything to live for ... except the guys. But, as Tony noted, Paulie has never really been pressed by the Feds.

One part of the Tony / Paulie story line that I was wondering if it'd ever come back up is when Paulie beat the crap out of that college kid over a couple of grand, when Tony specifically told him to leave the kid alone, and Paulie simply couldn't and he crushed the kids knee with a pipe. IIRC, Tony said, "If you touch him, Paulie, I will kill you. Do you understand?" "Yes, Tony."

...this is some pretty good stuff...

i didn't think about paulie wearing a wire, so that's interesting. i also wonder if we'll start to see tony become more paranoid. top bosses are getting whacked in new york, the feds are closing in, paulie talks too much, tony's health concerns make him appear weak, etc. paulie's yapping really seemed to get under tony's skin, more so than before. it wouldn't surprise me to see both the new york and jersey families self destruct.

I love it. Jr was freaking funny as hell there. Running a card game with buttons and telling all of those jokes.

They closed up the story line with Johnny Sack, they just closed up uncle jr story line. So far I've dug this season. Plus that boss got shot in the eye. Awesome.

Just caught it -

Totally agree- Uncle Jr. rocks - we got a final glimpse of the old Junior- hilarious scenes, the jokes, poker, letter to Dick Cheney and jumping the Prof.....

The tension with Paulie and T was great- Phil's guys are taking out their own guys- and then Phil goes after Tony as the show winds down. We all know it is a matter of time before somethin goes down between Pauli and Tony it has been building for a while now..........

Anyone else feel uncomfortable with the loner Asian kid with social problems and violent temper storyline?

Nope. not until just now-

I usually keep fictional television characters and real life events and tragedies that have zero connection separated.

Edited by wildcat2334

Anyone else feel uncomfortable with the loner Asian kid with social problems and violent temper storyline?

Was the first thing that popped into my mind when I watched the show this week.... How ironic?

my wife said something about that too...i didnt think about it until she pointed it out....i can see how it was ironic but I dont think you can fault the show(since I am sure that episode was written and filmed long ago)

my wife said something about that too...i didnt think about it until she pointed it out....i can see how it was ironic but I dont think you can fault the show(since I am sure that episode was written and filmed long ago)

Of course not. Still, I couldn't help but think about the similarities.

To me this was a set up episode.

EVERY episode is a "set up episode"- even though there are only a few left. After the credits rolled once again I thought "that's it? nothing happened." OK, the Asian kid went psycho, as if that wasn't telegraphed a mile away. yawn. IMO this was bad as the whole weekend with fat sister episode. Way too much time spent on a who-cares storyline.

:D another friggin lame episode I got suckered into watching. This thing stopped being worth a flip at least a year ago.