[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got your Kids on Youtube?

MikesVikes

Getter done

What are you waiting for? :D

Btw, not my kid but both of mine has wrestled this kid. National champion.

Do you follow wrestling ? I didn't think there were many wrestling fans on this site. I'm a hugh wrestling fan. I do a lot of work for Pennsylvania High School Wrestling, especially on the web (rankings, articles, etc.). I do follow the national wrestling scene as much as I can, and I've gotten to see videos of Sanders on the web, and he is absolutely phenomenal. However, PA's own Troy Dolan handled him pretty well at the Dapper Dan. Dolan is a 3 time state champion in AA of PA.

Edited by Menudo

Damn that kid is dominating. How old is he?

Has he committed to a college yet?

He is very good, but, not un-beatable. Troy Dolan, a three-time AA champion from Derry, Pennsylvania beat him at the Dapper Dan.

Sanders is going to Minnesota.

I'm sure the parents/coaches of the top kids in most HS sports have been sending these things out to all the big schools on their wish lists for awhile. Or I should say the 2nd tier kids, since the top ones should get recruited without it. Youtube just saves on reproduction and mailing costs.

A national champ in a given sport could have them just showing up from random fans, I'm sure....

The kid is a senior this year. His HS career is over. Yea, I follow wrestling including running youth tournaments and practices when my kids were younger. My oldest son is the same age and came very close to beating him. My kid was leading after two periods and Zach was not too happy about it. He was complaining to the refs. My kid was much more stronger than Zach but Zach doesn't have any rivals when it came to experience or knowledge or quickness.

My younger son wrestled him once even though he was three years younger than him. Both of my kids were very good wrestlers but neither stayed in it.

He is very good, but, not un-beatable. Troy Dolan, a three-time AA champion from Derry, Pennsylvania beat him at the Dapper Dan.

Sanders is going to Minnesota.

Was that this year? Sanders just won a national title in Pennsylvania I thought. A friend of mine wrestled in that tournament and he's very good but didn't place in that strong event.

Was that this year? Sanders just won a national title in Pennsylvania I thought. A friend of mine wrestled in that tournament and he's very good but didn't place in that strong event.

Sanders lost to Troy Dolan at the Dapper Dan. The Dapper Dan is an annual dual meet between Pennsylvania's top Seniors and the rest of the countries top Seniors. PA lost by just one point, which tells you how dominant Pennsylvania is in wrestling. Also, through the years, we have been dominant as far as our number of NCAA All Americans. Sorry, had to brag a little.

Sanders did win the National High School Seniors championship in Ohio. However, this really isn't a true National Championship, as many top wrestlers don't compete, and the weights are broken down into grades. Not to take anything away from Zach, as he beat another great wrestler, Nikko Triggas in the finals. Dolan did not compete at Nationals.

Edited by Menudo

How does one become a 5-time state champion? :D

I take it this is outside of HS sports?

Some states allow wrestlers to compete in their state tournaments in 8th grade. Pennsylvania does not, but, Minnesota obviously does. I know that New York does too.

jeez manudo, it sounds like you're as big a homer when it comes to other sports as football. :D

so the national championships aren't the real national championships, some chit called "dapper dan" is the real thing. :D

No, there really isn't a definitive, sanctioned national high school championship. The Dapper Dan is simply a dual meet that is held between the selected top Seniors from around the country against the top Seniors from PA. However, it really can't be called a national championship either, as it is only Seniors, and the wrestlers are selected by a committee. The tournament that is referred to as the "Senior National Championships" is a tournament, where you have to have certain state credentials to enter it. However, several top-ranked wrestlers opt out of it every year, and it is divided by grade.

As for me being a homer, anyone that follows wrestling at all will tell you that Pennsylvania is clearly the dominant state. Why else would they wrestle a match of PA's best vs. the country's best. Also, the NCAA All-American list is dominated by Pennsylvania wrestlers. However, I will say that the rest of the country is slowly catching up.

Edited by Menudo

I see that Sanders won here and not the Dapper Dan. I know people who have went there, though. Isn't it for kids that got either 1st or 2nd at the state level can advance to the Dapper Dan?

I see about 6 - 7 kids on my list that my kid has wrestled.

Some states allow wrestlers to compete in their state tournaments in 8th grade. Pennsylvania does not, but, Minnesota obviously does. I know that New York does too.

Yes, he could wrestle in 7th grade if he would've been big enough to qualify for 103 lbs. He wasn't.

I see that Sanders won here and not the Dapper Dan. I know people who have went there, though. Isn't it for kids that got either 1st or 2nd at the state level can advance to the Dapper Dan?

I see about 6 - 7 kids on my list that my kid has wrestled.

Actually, the Dapper Dan usually has kids with multiple state championships. This year's USA roster of 13 kids had 50 State Championships between them. PA's roster had 18 state championships between them.

Here is a link: :D

:D

Sorry, wrong link.

Here you go.

:D

Great link. I'm not surprised that Sanders lost, mostly surprised how he couldn't score from his feet or that the refs let the other kid slow the match down so much with his legs. Two refs to boot.

The other kid was much stronger, this will probably be the way it is at the next level. Thanks.