[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Curt Shilling's Bloody Sock a Fake?

wildcat2334

why would it really matter? even if it was done just for effect, it was years ago

You make it sounds like it was the 1950's or something; it was only like 3 or 4 years ago and was a huge story that post-season. I can't imagine Schilling would do something like that.

You make it sounds like it was the 1950's or something; it was only like 3 or 4 years ago and was a huge story that post-season. I can't imagine Schilling would do something like that.

Are you kidding me?!?! This is Schilling we're talking about here, he loves getting face time, loves yapping his big mouth off, loves the attention and although I'm not saying it was staged I would not be shocked to find out that the whole scene was faked to draw attention and make him out to be a hero for the Redsox. Let's do some forensic testing, try getting a little DNA from the paint on the sock. :D

Edited by irish

i know it was a huge story, but if it was just done for a public effect kind of thing, i don't see what the big deal is now that it is in the past. Maybe he did it to inspire his teammates and show perseverance or something. If so, i think that's a pretty good idea and it seemed to work

i know it was a huge story, but if it was just done for a public effect kind of thing, i don't see what the big deal is now that it is in the past. Maybe he did it to inspire his teammates and show perseverance or something. If so, i think that's a pretty good idea and it seemed to work

pfft- effing lame - I used to like Shilling but the dude just annoys me more every time he opens his mouth. If the blood was fake- I hope he is called out, because it is as lame as you can get

pfft- effing lame - I used to like Shilling but the dude just annoys me more every time he opens his mouth. If the blood was fake- I hope he is called out, because it is as lame as you can get

he did it to rally his team to a National title, that's not really lame, that's pretty smart

The doctor that performed the procedure was on the radio in Boston debunking this. Bill Morgan has an amazingly good reputation, and I can't see him coming out on something that was untrue.

Who knows what the deal with this announcer or Mirabelli is, but for now I think this is bunk. If he really knew, would he wait 2+ years to say it in the middle of a meaningless April game?

The doctor that performed the procedure was on the radio in Boston debunking this. Bill Morgan has an amazingly good reputation, and I can't see him coming out on something that was untrue.

Who knows what the deal with this announcer or Mirabelli is, but for now I think this is bunk. If he really knew, would he wait 2+ years to say it in the middle of a meaningless April game?

Yeah - we will see- just seems shocking Thorne would say it on a boradcast without it being true, Mirabelli will deny deny deny - so we may never know.

Just surprised me is all

i know it was a huge story, but if it was just done for a public effect kind of thing, i don't see what the big deal is now that it is in the past.

The big deal is that stupid sock sits in Cooperstown encased in glass. Would be pretty funny if they had a painted sock in there all this time :D

The big deal is that stupid sock sits in Cooperstown encased in glass. Would be pretty funny if they had a painted sock in there all this time :D

I want CSI on this... Fibers, DNA, the whole nine yards. If this was paint- I want to know- water or oil based? cherry or candy apple red? maybe an indian red? this is hugh..................

It's annoying, isn't it. :D

Yeah reading your posts can be a bit rough at times and it's very simlar to listening to Schilling babble. Good point! :D

Edited by irish

Yeah reading your posts can be a bit rough at times and it's very simlar to listening to Schilling babble.

Like you should talk. You're as much of an obnoxious attention-whore as Schilling. :D

As much as Schilling resembles irish, I seriously doubt that he painted his sock. That would be pathetic.