[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sorry barry bonds

dmarc117

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/mlb_c...k_aaron_with_50

MILWAUKEE—In what Major League Baseball officials are calling a "long overdue correction of a gross oversight," Commissioner Bud Selig announced Tuesday the discovery that Hall of Famer Hank Aaron had in fact accumulated 50 previously unaccounted-for home runs during his illustrious 22-year baseball career, bringing his once record total of 755 to an even higher 805 and putting the all-time home-run record perhaps forever out of reach.

:D

On a serious note , my nephew works for major league baseball and has a lot of inside info ...word is barry may be indicted for perjury in less than a month and then mlb will suspend him ...mlb and selig clearly do not want him to break this record

Should be interesting

On a serious note , my nephew works for major league baseball and has a lot of inside info ...word is barry may be indicted for perjury in less than a month and then mlb will suspend him ...mlb and selig clearly do not want him to break this record

Should be interesting

1 can only hope.

mlb and selig clearly do not want him to break this record

Total bulloney shin. They will let him break the record, and then they will let him go away quietly.

While they have expressed a great amount of indifference to his breaking of the record, MLB and Selig in particular do not care what Bonds does, otherwise they would have done something up until now. Nothing Bonds would be indicted for would keep him from playing baseball, so MLB and the MLBPA would have no reason to agree on a suspension.

Bonds is the carrying the brunt of the load for the entire sport for the steroids thing. MLB gets rid of Barry Bonds and they would have no one to distract people with who write and talk about the game and instead would have to start taking responsibility for the actions of virtually ALL of their players in the post-strike era.

Total bulloney shin. They will let him break the record, and then they will let him go away quietly.

While they have expressed a great amount of indifference to his breaking of the record, MLB and Selig in particular do not care what Bonds does, otherwise they would have done something up until now. Nothing Bonds would be indicted for would keep him from playing baseball, so MLB and the MLBPA would have no reason to agree on a suspension.

Bonds is the carrying the brunt of the load for the entire sport for the steroids thing. MLB gets rid of Barry Bonds and they would have no one to distract people with who write and talk about the game and instead would have to start taking responsibility for the actions of virtually ALL of their players in the post-strike era.

I am telling you what I heard ...we will see what happens

Should be interesting

That would be crap.

Selig is to blame for the existence of Barry Bonds. Before he juiced he was looking around seeing over half the league juicing and understood the commissioner was looking the other way.

Blame Dr. Frankenstein, not the monster he created.

(the really bad word) Selig. Screw Bonds.

That would be crap.

Selig is to blame for the existence of Barry Bonds. Before he juiced he was looking around seeing over half the league juicing and understood the commissioner was looking the other way.

I agree completely. Barry is a PRODUCT of Selig turning a blind eye to the steroids problem. He wanted big numbers & by God he got them.

I agree 100% with Pope. 75% of the league was using dope if not more. Just because Bonds has more god given telant then everyone else the use him as the poster boy for roids. I don't blame Bonds. I blame MLB.

FYI, I met Bonds years ago & I thought he was a jerk. So I am not a Bonds fan.

..... yet people still applaud giambi and corked-bat sosa....

bonds= scapegoat for mlb... bs. check out his numbers "pre-allagations." the year he joined the giants in 93 he produced his best power numbers of his career in a not-so-hitter friendly candlestick. the guy was going to get his 35-50 homers anyway..... how many would you want to shave??? his dominance also brought about record setting walks.... so have to imagine he'd be getting more pitches to look at per game.... plus, didn't aaron play his last 2 years as a dh? barry easily could have played al ball and pronlong his career and accumulated more ab's= more hr's. the guy has been under the microscope the past 3 seasons and puts up similar stat ratios....... i don't believe this would be happening if he wasn't such an ass for a vast majority of his career. people want to see him fry......... use of somes ort is very previlent in bb.... plus is anything he took illegal or against the rules at the time?

bonds= scapegoat for mlb... bs. check out his numbers "pre-allagations." the year he joined the giants in 93 he produced his best power numbers of his career in a not-so-hitter friendly candlestick. the guy was going to get his 35-50 homers anyway..... how many would you want to shave??? his dominance also brought about record setting walks.... so have to imagine he'd be getting more pitches to look at per game.... plus, didn't aaron play his last 2 years as a dh? barry easily could have played al ball and pronlong his career and accumulated more ab's= more hr's. the guy has been under the microscope the past 3 seasons and puts up similar stat ratios....... i don't believe this would be happening if he wasn't such an ass for a vast majority of his career. people want to see him fry......... use of somes ort is very previlent in bb.... plus is anything he took illegal or against the rules at the time?

Wrong.

I'd be a jerk too if everyone pissed on me the way they have Bonds throughout his career. He's never gotten the credit he deserves and because he's made this mistake he never will. If he'd just stayed off the steroids he may have never won the season HR title, but he still would have beaten the HR record.

I agree completely. Barry is a PRODUCT of Selig turning a blind eye to the steroids problem. He wanted big numbers & by God he got them.

So you want to blame all this on Selig & say that none of it's Bond's fault & he should be proud to break the records even if he used steroids to do it? Sorry, but that don't fly with me. He made his bed, if he wanted to be respected for the player that he was capable of being then he should have respected the game, the fans, his team & the clean players enough to not used steroids...and that doesn't just go for Barry Bonds, it goes for all the players including McGuire, Sosa & Giambi. Giambi at least had the balls to admit it & is trying to make amends. I can at least respect the guy for that. :D

Edited by rajncajn

I'd be a jerk too if everyone pissed on me the way they have Bonds throughout his career. He's never gotten the credit he deserves and because he's made this mistake he never will. If he'd just stayed off the steroids he may have never won the season HR title, but he still would have beaten the HR record.

He doesn't deserve the credit because he cheated to get it. I don't doubt that he likely would have won the HR title, but what does it matter now that he used steroids to do it?

Oh...and you ARE a jerk. :D

That would be crap.

(the really bad word) Selig. Screw Bonds.

:D

Candlestick not a hitters park?

Prior to age 35 in 2000, Bonds best single season home run total as 46 in 1993 at age 28. Between ages 35 and 39 (2000-2004 seasons) Bonds hit 49, 73, 46, 45, and 45 in each season. That's 258 HRs.

In that same age range, Hank Aaron hit 203, Babe Ruth hit 192, Willie Mays hit 123, Frank Robinson hit 108.

No way he would approach the HR record without the kind of boosts he had. It's unfortunate because Bonds is probably the best LF to ever play the game, but he will never get that kind of credit because of his tarnished image.

Prior to age 35 in 2000, Bonds best single season home run total as 46 in 1993 at age 28. Between ages 35 and 39 (2000-2004 seasons) Bonds hit 49, 73, 46, 45, and 45 in each season. That's 258 HRs.

In that same age range, Hank Aaron hit 203, Babe Ruth hit 192, Willie Mays hit 123, Frank Robinson hit 108.

No way he would approach the HR record without the kind of boosts he had. It's unfortunate because Bonds is probably the best LF to ever play the game, but he will never get that kind of credit because of his tarnished image.

I agree with this.