[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suggestions/Help needed

TheGrunt

He is entitled to his opinion and you to yours. If it makes you uncomfortable I would refuse to engage him in conversation over the topic. If he chooses to vent about the topic to you regardless of your refusal to engage in debate simply let it roll off your back.

I think you are taking it too personally and he certainly has not done anything wrong to warrant you going to HR. I fail too see what you think he did that was so wrong other than express his opinion rather forcefully. What would you tell HR .. "he said something I didn't like and I want him fired for it".

Relax. Breathe. Let him have his own opinion, you won't change his mind and you shouldn't try to.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a lot more that was said during this whole ordeal, but I think you get the idea. How should have I responded to these accusations, and was this even right for my boss to be having this discussion with me? There's a place and a time for everything, but I just don't think this was ethically right... am I wrong, or how should have I delt with this?

Don't do chit...I wouldn't bring it up again even to turn him in. It would make things very awkward for yer future working relationship and is it really necessary? He is a dik...one that is wrong and probably is just blabbering some stance he heard that he thought made sense. It is easy for people to disconnect from reality. He was probably caught off guard that you had a different opinion and weren't intimidated by his authority.

He sounds like a dik. He's right, but he's still a dik. I wouldnt confront him or bring it up at all, just recognize he is a dik and avoid those conversations with him.

He's wrong and you know it. :D

Edited by SuperBalla

He is entitled to his opinion and you to yours. If it makes you uncomfortable I would refuse to engage him in conversation over the topic. If he chooses to vent about the topic to you regardless of your refusal to engage in debate simply let it roll off your back.

I think you are taking it too personally and he certainly has not done anything wrong to warrant you going to HR. I fail too see what you think he did that was so wrong other than express his opinion rather forcefully. What would you tell HR .. "he said something I didn't like and I want him fired for it".

Relax. Breathe. Let him have his own opinion, you won't change his mind and you shouldn't try to.

He is very much entitled to his opinion. I think it's more of when and where he decided to engage in the conversation with me about it. And it wasn't even really a debate of any sort, it was him trying to forcefully control the topic and somehow have me agree with him. Which I did not do.

On a more positive note, I did just receive further information about another startup company that is offering to pay me more than double what I am getting paid now (with the optimistic possibility of stock options as well). The date in which this job opening will be available should be around the start of summer too, which is when I'll be able to work full time without the hassle of school. In the end, I might just be the prevailing party here. :D

He sounds like a dik. He's right, but he's still a dik. I wouldnt confront him or bring it up at all, just recognize he is a dik and avoid those conversations with him.

He's wrong and you know it. :tup:

+1

Although I do agree here that it is probably best not to bring it up up all. I had some amazing ideas going through my mind, but it would only make things worse. I'll just smile next time it happens knowing that soon enough I'll be informing him that I've been offered a much higher pay at another job, and if it's not matched then I'll put on my [sorry to have to go :D face] and move on to bigger and better things. :D

+1

Although I do agree here that it is probably best not to bring it up up all. I had some amazing ideas going through my mind, but it would only make things worse. I'll just smile next time it happens knowing that soon enough I'll be informing him that I've been offered a much higher pay at another job, and if it's not matched then I'll put on my [sorry to have to go :D face] and move on to bigger and better things. :D

Generally a bad idea to accept a counter-offer from your existing company

Please. I dont subject my employees or my clients to my personal views on things like politics. Unprofessional. That is why that guy is a dik.

He saves that idiotic drivel for those of us poor bastages here...

Generally a bad idea to accept a counter-offer from your existing company

Have you had previous bad experiences with situations like this? I'm just wondering because I actually really do enjoy working at the company I am with right now. I've been there awhile and being that it's a startup company I could see it going places in the very near future. Other than the dik boss of mine, every one else that I work with are awesome. Being that I've never really been in a situation where there is a great possibility that I'll receive a higher paying offer at another company, why would it be a bad idea to accept a counter-offer from my existing company?

Start bringing him a plain ham sandwich every day. If he asks "why the F are you bringing me a ham sandwich every day?" Then you can tell him to his face that you want to make it up to him and this is the only way you know how.

And the fruitcake doesn't deserve cheese in his sandwich.

Start bringing him a plain ham sandwich every day. If he asks "why the F are you bringing me a ham sandwich every day?" Then you can tell him to his face that you want to make it up to him and this is the only way you know how.

And the fruitcake doesn't deserve cheese in his sandwich.

give him American cheese on the sammy... its not real cheese ....

give him American cheese on the sammy... its not real cheese ....

Hmm... :D Maybe he'll associate very well with a sandwich with more French qualities. A Round bread roll with tuna, some garlic and onions, and of course topped off with anchovy and a great big white flag for his bib.