[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers Sign 11 Rookie Free Agents

Menudo

Looks like they are taking some shots on some small school boys. The only names on my radar were Gary Russell, Darnell Stapleton, & Cody Boyd. Perhaps we can find another Willie Parker.

:D

Steelers sign 11 rookie free agents

Monday, April 30, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have signed 11 rookie free agents, including two running backs, a fullback and three wide receivers and a player from IUP.

Minnesota's Gary Russell heads the list of backs that includes Baylor's Paul Mosley and fullback Aaron Robbins of Wyoming. Robbins was added when the Steelers learned fullback Gijon Robinson of Missouri Western State had signed elsewhere.

IUP's 6-9, 315-pound left tackle Jason Capizzi joined guard-center Darnell Stapleton as rookie offensive linemen signed after the draft.

Three rookie wide receivers -- Eric Deslauriers of Eastern Michigan, Eric Fowler of Grand Valley State and Chris Jackson of Millsaps -- were added as was tight end Cody Boyd of Washington State. Defensive lineman Derrick Jones of Grand Valley State and long snapper Jared Retkofsky of TCU round out the list of free agent rookies who came to terms with the Steelers after the draft.

Now I know why they waited on the big back that I thought they would certainly draft. I still disagree with the punter pick in round 4, as well as the TE in rd. 3. There were some very good players still available with those picks.

Now I know why they waited on the big back that I thought they would certainly draft. I still disagree with the punter pick in round 4, as well as the TE in rd. 3. There were some very good players still available with those picks.

im fine with sepulveda in the 4th.. still wish we would have taken bush in the 3rd.. a potential great nfl rb for years or a career #2 TE?

Just goes to show that the Steeler brain trust knows they are short of talent. How many Willie Parkers do they think they can find?

I'm confused by this statement ? Signing Free Agent rookies shows that our brain trust knows we are short on talent ? You usually make sense, so, please tell me what you mean. :D

Russell may be a huge signing. If he had stayed in school (he flunked out) he could have been as good as Barber III and Maroney. He had more TD's than Busch a couple of years ago when he running in tandem with Maroney.

He went into his proday overweight, but has since slimmed down. Great short yardage guy with a nose for the goal line.

Russell may be a huge signing. If he had stayed in school (he flunked out) he could have been as good as Barber III and Maroney. He had more TD's than Busch a couple of years ago when he running in tandem with Maroney.

He went into his proday overweight, but has since slimmed down. Great short yardage guy with a nose for the goal line.

yup russell could be a good find

im fine with sepulveda in the 4th.. still wish we would have taken bush in the 3rd.. a potential great nfl rb for years or a career #2 TE?

I agree. I was sitting there Saturday night (sad, I know) thinking Bush is going to fall to the Steelers and he's going to be the next Jerome Bettis. Then they take a freaking tight end! Absolutely ruined the whole draft for me.