[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do you tip?

Duchess Jack

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Mrs. HR was a waitress in her youth she is very conscientious about us leaving a proper tip whenever we are served. The quality of the service does play a BIG part in how much of a tip we leave, however. For poor service $2 is all they get. I've left a $20 before for a $40 tab. And I do tip my barber because she is SMOKIN' and calls me "Honey". :D

does she do beards? :D

I usually tip 20% at restaurants, even if the service isn't so hot, because my kids generally destroy the table area.

I tip my barber about 20%.

Car washing guys, maybe a few bucks.

Sky cap: $2 a bag.

House keepers and lawn guy get Christmas presents.

Cab drivers have to earn their tip. Guys who don't know where they hell they are going doesn't deserve to be tipped.

I like tipping the local help real well when I'm on vacation, especially early on. That helps get me local info on restaurants, places to go/avoid, and other information I can use. Plus, the folks will usually open up and talk about what their life is like, local news, customs, slang, etc. And I usually enjoy getting a taste of the local experience.

I tip the bartenders/cocktail waitresses well. If it's real crowded, I'll tip $20 right off the bat with my first drink order, and politely request that they come back early and often. It's amazing how much the service improves when I do that, which is most appriciated when the line at the bar is three deep and I never have to get off my ass for my next frosty beverage.

I tip the strippers I that want lap dances from later on.

I tip the house/dog sitter.

I tip musicians playing in bars.

I tip the dealer when I win, which is to say, rarely.

Edited by yo mama

From a bartenders point of view, I can tell you that I give EVERYBODY good service...It's just a matter of who gets that service first.

And to be slightly cocky, I'm a dern good bartender, and if I didn't get tips I'd be doing something else and the customers would be served by some 20 year old that doesn't know what a martini is.

I forgot them. They usually get $3-$5.

I tip them $2. If they would use a clean freakin' rag on my windows inside, I'd give them a fin!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Had to bring this back for an opinion:

I tipped the bell hop $6 (2 bags) to take them down stairs and another $6 to bring them to the cab. They seemed pleased, but when we got to the airport the taxi fare was $11.70. I gave the driver $15 and you'd think I spit in her hand. :D Not to mention she dropped us off 150' from the checkin. :tup:

That's typical of what I usually give and I usually get a very happy "Thank You!" That's more than 25%!

Wasn't that enough? :D

Do you get the boob upside the head when she washes your hair? I do. :D

:D My wife or her boss (man) cuts my hair. Occasionally the shampoo girl washes my hair but not always. I miss the days of over paying for a haircut from a chick with a nice set of cans that were near my face for 20 minutes. :kickscan:

My wife has nice cans but I can see those anytime.

I did run into one of my ex hair cutters (female) at the bar one time many moons ago. :tup:

Oh and RR, I think your tip was sufficient.

From a bartenders point of view, I can tell you that I give EVERYBODY good service...It's just a matter of who gets that service first.

And to be slightly cocky, I'm a dern good bartender, and if I didn't get tips I'd be doing something else and the customers would be served by some 20 year old that doesn't know what a martini is.

Amen, my brother. As a fellow bartender I feel the same way about both points. :D