[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is matt hasselbeck worth?

not sure where this belongs if here or in the advice but i was wondering.

I am trying to deal away Matt Hasselbeck who is my #2 QB for a draft pick , so I could grab my franchise rookie QB later on in my draft, the best offer I could get is a 5th round selection for him.

is a 5th rounder all he is really valued at?? I saw his value higher, just wondering what you guys think.

Without knowing anything about your league (# teams, # players, # keepers, scoring etc.), I'd be still willing to guess that a 5th round pick is about as good as you could hope for.

Without knowing anything about your league (# teams, # players, # keepers, scoring etc.), I'd be still willing to guess that a 5th round pick is about as good as you could hope for.

12 team dynasty, 18 players on the roster, basic scoring for qbs 25 yrds / 1pt , 6 pts - 1 td

5th round sounds about right in most leagues to me. If you have a better starter, trade away Hasselbeck and know you can use the pick for at least a comparable QB. Right now Seattle has a good passing schedule but lost Darrell Jackson and Jerramy Stevens without actually replacing them. I'd do the trade.

Since this is a dynasty, 5th seems kinda low. What kind of player do you realistically expect to be able ot draft in the 5th. I can think of no rookie that would be available in the 5th round of a dynasty draft (considering it is apparent you already have teams, so we are talking essentially rookies only in the draft) that would be worth Hasselbeck.

he is my #2 qb, 18 players (including defensive) per roster (12 teams), there are a few FA qbs out there. So i dont think it would be difficult to replace Hass in the draft. there are 8 rounds in the draft .

as for rookies I am considering John Beck, or Drew Stanton, plus i am gonna add a FA qb, Huard is available.

How do drafts in dynasties work? Do teams keep 18 players into the draft, have the draft, and then cut the players they don't want? Or do you drop players before the draft and the team that drops the most players gets the first pick?

in our league it goes by the reverse of the standings. if your last in the standing u get the #1 pick. our total roster is 26 players , but we have to cut to 18 before the rookie draft.

the rookie draft is 2 rounds. then we have the FA draft which is 6 rounds, so after the draft you have your correct amount of players

Okay, I think the answers you are getting are assuming many different versions of dynasty leagues. If teams are keeping 18 players, then the 5th pick of the FA draft will be a crappy player. Hasselbeck is a top-12 quarterback. He's now maybe on the lower end of the top-12 list, but he is still starter quality. With Mike Holmgren as coach and their hurting running game, the Seahawks have the potential to become a pass-first team. They haven't been throwing money at receivers for no reason. In a normal draft, I'd assume Hasselbeck will go between the 6th and 9th rounds.

Am I right to assume that the 5th pick of the FA draft will be approximately the 23rd best player on your roster? Your best bet might be to keep him through the draft and target the team that is worst at quarterback or a team that has their quarterback hurt in the beginning of the season. And having Hasselbeck as your back-up isn't a bad insurance policy. Especially since you get 6 points for a passing touchdown. List the 5th round picks from your FA draft last year for a better answer.

I wasnt in the league last year, the guy who had the team before me dropped out, and I inherited it. So I wont be able to tell you who went where.

How do drafts in dynasties work? Do teams keep 18 players into the draft, have the draft, and then cut the players they don't want? Or do you drop players before the draft and the team that drops the most players gets the first pick?

The particulars really do matter - I wasn't taking into account the dynasty aspect that "X" amount of players would already be held. It all depends on the depth of what is available to draft. So agreed with above - 5th would probably be way too low if there are a lot of players being held.

That all said, it also depend greatly on how many teams just do not need QB's as to how available or desireable they will be.

At the beginning of your draft 216 players will already be off the board. (12 teams x 18 players)

24 players go in the Rookie draft, plus 48 more players in the first 4 rounds of the FA draft.

So by the time you get to the "5th-rounder" you got for Hass there will be approximately 288 players gone. (216+24+48)

That makes the pick the equivalent of a 25th-rounder in a standard 12-team redraft league.

Is Hasselback worth more than a 25th-round pick? I think he is! Like the previous poster said, this person is trying to take advantage your inexperience in the league.

sounds more like Hasselbeck would be worth a second at the least if not higher. The fact that he has to drop Hasselbeck indicates that there is some roster paring though.

Man unless u get a second or higher. No way u trade him. He is worth way more than that. After the draft is over just trade for a player you want as a rookie instead. Because the draft pick you get in return is worthless compared to Matt.

There's no way you'd get appropriate value in the 5th round for Hasselbeck. With 18 keepers in a 12 teams league, you're looking at drafting the rookies & vets from player #217 and worse. 5th rounders are flyers at best.

Someone is trying to bamboozle you big time.