[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oil prices staying high?

Randall

Speaking of percentages, I've wondered why the difference in the octane level prices don't increase when the gas prices increase.

I use 93 octane and it's always 20 cents higher than regular. The mid-grade is always 10 cents higher. I would think as the price increases, the difference between the octane levels would bump up a few pennies as well. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of percentages, I've wondered why the difference in the octane level prices don't increase when the gas prices increase.

I use 93 octane and it's always 20 cents higher than regular. The mid-grade is always 10 cents higher. I would think as the price increases, the difference between the octane levels would bump up a few pennies as well. :D

It has here in KC ... some places have a 12 cent spread (i.e., $3.09, $3.21 and $3.33).

I believe the $0.10 spread was a function of pricing at $3.09, $3.19 and $3.29 where these three prices SEEM a lot lower than $3.10, $3.20 and $3.30 (i.e., WalMart pricing).

Gas is between $2.76 and $2.80 here. Of course we have a refinery here in town as well. Since I live only 4.42 miles from my office and only 1.55 miles from where my wife teaches, we really don't spend that much on gas.

Gas is between $2.76 and $2.80 here. Of course we have a refinery here in town as well. Since I live only 4.42 miles from my office and only 1.55 miles from where my wife teaches, we really don't spend that much on gas.

Nor me, a seven mile commute taking ten minutes doesn't exactly wear the car out. $3.39 or so here but I only fill up once every couple of weeks.

Nor me, a seven mile commute taking ten minutes doesn't exactly wear the car out. $3.39 or so here but I only fill up once every couple of weeks.

Well in reality I do travel a little bit to and from job sites. Luckily right now we are booked, and all but one project is in town, and the one that is out of town is only about 45 miles away.

Its wrong ...

What's wrong? Gas isn't $8 in Britian? The $0.10 price increments isn't due to some sort of pricing theory? Gas isn't now at $0.12 increments at certain stations here in KC?

What are you talking about?

Do they still make Mopeds? More importantly, are they still considered ghey? I'm thinking of getting something like that for just those quick trips to the local mini-mart, etc. :D

Spring for the extra and get a Harley. Any other motorcycle is a moped. :D