[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers Needed

Duchess Jack

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Jacob had his surgery this morning and all is well. He is sleeping peacefully and all his vitals look great.

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers, they really mean a lot.

The next about 19 hours are the most crucial. Please continue to send good vibes and keep him in your prayers.

Very good.

More positive vibes heading your way. :D

Little Jacob had his surgery this morning and all is well. He is sleeping peacefully and all his vitals look great.

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers, they really mean a lot.

The next about 19 hours are the most crucial. Please continue to send good vibes and keep him in your prayers.

:wipesforehead:

I'll keep praying! :D

:D

Things have gone gone more positively than we could have hoped for. There were a couple complications, but these are to be expected with such a complicated surgery.

Riss, my 'sister-in-law' and Dave 'my best-friend' have been champs through all of this. They never seemed down in spirits - never seemed to lose optimism. I found myself wanting to be as optimistic as possible around them because of my own concerns - but in the end, their optimism made mine look fake and nervous and eventually rubbed off on me.

The first surgery had a 90 success rate, but they never seemed to doubt. To add to everything else they had been going through, Riss's liver wasn't working well at around 8 months and the toxins started building up in her body. They needed to induce labor three weeks early. They tried as hard as they could - around 2-3 hours of pushing - before they went the c-section route.

Depending upon the Jake's overall health - he could have gone in the day he was born or three to four days later. Some how he made it a week before needing to go in for surgery. This was largely due to scheduling complications at the hospital - but they were complications based upon the babies' with greater need. If Jake hadn't been doing so well - it would have certainly be done earlier.

I honestly feel that we've the good vibes from everyone involved to thank. Thank you everyone for caring about this little rugrat. Between his Dad, Aunt and his Uncle ....Aunt ... Duchess, I hope to have him with his yellow belt and few BOTH trophies by 12.

Thanks again. We've some truly special people here. Dave and Riss (mom and Dad) have a website with pics and a forum for family and friends that I am going to paste your prayers, good vibes and positive thoughts on. I will see if the Wench can find a way to hook you all up with some pics.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I thought I would give you all one more update on Jake.

He’s recovering very nicely from the surgery. He is very strong.

All the wires and tubes they had him hooked up to are out. My sister and brother-in-law are able to hold him now and they started bottle feeding instead of the feeding tube yesterday.

He should be home by the end of next week.

He’ll have the second surgery in about 3 months. His health over these months is critical as his immune system is compromised. After that though, he’ll lead a much more normal life (and so will my sister and brother-in-law)

Thanks again for all your prayers and well wishes. You guys are great.

Prayers on the way.