[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Golden State vs Utah

Sugar Magnolia

I mentioned in the Dallas Mavs thread that B. Davis is no Michael Jordan but is as important to his team as MJ.

Tonight, Baron's 360 degree spin move and power jam over much bigger Kirlenko, he sure looked like MJ.

His 360 split of those Utah defenders followed by the dish for the open dunk was awesome too.

I mentioned in the Dallas Mavs thread that B. Davis is no Michael Jordan but is as important to his team as MJ.

Tonight, Baron's 360 degree spin move and power jam over much bigger Kirlenko, he sure looked like MJ.

I think this post is way off. BD is a very good player that borders on great at times, especially when healthy but in no way can he be compared to MJ, no way.

I think this post is way off. BD is a very good player that borders on great at times, especially when healthy but in no way can he be compared to MJ, no way.

Let me clarify as an excited fan... all I was saying is last night he had some moves that looked like MJ and very difficult moves for most NBA players to perform. I'm saying he "looked like MJ", last night, not saying he is the next MJ.

Let me clarify as an excited fan... all I was saying is last night he had some moves that looked like MJ and very difficult moves for most NBA players to perform. I'm saying he "looked like MJ", last night, not saying he is the next MJ.

Agreed, very exciting player no doubt. The jam was something else. Probably be top 10 or so in the top 20 jams similar to the John Starks dunk.

Bd is more important to his team than MJ was. Without MJ the bulls almost won the title. Without BD GS would be a lottery team.

Not saying much, when your the #8 seed, you are what 1-2 loss away from being a lottery team anyway. And next yr it woudlnt surprise me if they were a lottery team again. This team is on a roll right now, but this looks more like lightening in a bottle, than a team of the future. Now Utah, that looks like a team of the future and this team may soon do what Malone and Stockton coudlnt, win a title. IM more impressed with Deron Williams, because he isnt soft, aka a P*ssy like BD, and will be head and shoulder better than Baron Davis is right now, which is the best Baron Davis has ever been before.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Not saying much, when your the #8 seed, you are what 1-2 loss away from being a lottery team anyway. And next yr it woudlnt surprise me if they were a lottery team again. This team is on a roll right now, but this looks more like lightening in a bottle, than a team of the future. Now Utah, that looks like a team of the future and this team may soon do what Malone and Stockton coudlnt, win a title. IM more impressed with Deron Williams, because he isnt soft, aka a P*ssy like BD, and will be head and shoulder better than Baron Davis is right now, which is the best Baron Davis has ever been before.

Yer an absolute idiot. Utah is no team of the future. They have a few nice players, and no one too take them to the next level- they will not be passing SA, PHX, Dallas anytime soon with this group. I think GS, as well as Denver has better pieces in place. This team is solid, but limited. GS SHOULD be up 2-1, and I think they still pull this baby out.

BDiddy is an underachiver, who has been MIA for much of his career. BUT let's get real- he has 10x more talent than Deron Williams..............

Quit hating on GS- they have good young talent with Ellis, BD, JRich, Biedrins, Pietrus as well as Harrington/SJ thru trade.

How many effing times can one dude be wrong??? yer outta yer mind and it is a waste of time even responding to yer wacko statements.

Win a title :D

take yer meds......

3-1 Jazz :D

I'll admit, I'm a moderate NBA fan, but, I've always been a Jazz fan. There is no team in Pittsburgh, and when I started getting into the NBA it was Stockton & Malone that got me rooting for the Jazz. I was heavy into it during their run, but, since then, I have kind of calmed down my NBA fandom. I still get into it during the playoffs, and this year, the Jazz have got me pumped. If we can finish off the Warriors, who knows ??? I don't really like our chances to much against the Spurs, but, I'd like to find out......... That was HUGH victory last night. Go Jazz !!!

P.S. Not a really classy finish out of Armstrong & Davis (elbowed Fisher after a missed three) last night, but, I don't see either as cheap players, I just think they let frustration get the best of them.

No question- long way to go. Would have been so hugh to be going back to the town 1-1.

GS should hold serve at home, they could use a blowout to rest some guys and get Ellis/Harrington some confidence

Utah will take one in Oakland. No question about it. GS may win game 3, but they wont win them both.

I disagree- think GS takes em both- one of em in a runaway -

Yo McFly, stick to sh*t you actually have a clue about.

Wow, Sarge with a bold statement. Totally caught me off guard. Who'd a thunk it? Count this among the "bold predictions that really aren't that bold" category. So, if there was no home court advantage, each team has a 50/50 chance each game. That means there's only a 25% chance that GS wins both. Even if you give the home team a 60% chance of winning each game, that still only means they have a 36% chance of winning them both.

So, worst case, Sarge is looking at a 50/50 prop ('cause that is the true odds of each team winning one regardless of home court). Of course, if he does, he's the man.

I predicted GS may win game 3, but Utah would win game 4, and it happened exactly that way. Hmmm.

GS should be up 2-1 and probably 3-0 since they gave away game 2 and should have won game 1. They proved tonight that they are the superior team. They will hold court in Oakland and steal game 5 in Utah. The GS crowd is incredible. College atmosphere :D

And professor you dont have a clue about anything. GS is the superior team, blah blah blah..

This series is over. The better team is taking GS best shot and then walking right through them.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Yo McFly, stick to sh*t you actually have a clue about.

Yer such a jackass it is unreal. I thought they would hold serve at home, they didn't big effin deal. I could give a fok about yer prediction of Utah taking a game in the Bay. I don't get off on talking myself up after getting 1 game right in here. Yer a complete joke.

back to the series...........

GS is gonna die by the 3- they were popping off to many rushed, out of rhythym 3's. I mean, at some point how does JRich, Pietrus, SJax not attack the rim at some point, especially when AK47 is their only real shotblocker - they need to attack the rim when they get in the paint, not kick it out for 3 's every damn time.

Barkley/KSmith nailed it- they are too 3 happy, and shooting to many one on one jump-back 3's.

Yer such a jackass it is unreal. I thought they would hold serve at home, they didn't big effin deal. I could give a fok about yer prediction of Utah taking a game in the Bay. I don't get off on talking myself up after getting 1 game right in here. Yer a complete joke.

back to the series...........

GS is gonna die by the 3- they were popping off to many rushed, out of rhythym 3's. I mean, at some point how does JRich, Pietrus, SJax not attack the rim at some point, especially when AK47 is their only real shotblocker - they need to attack the rim when they get in the paint, not kick it out for 3 's every damn time.

Barkley/KSmith nailed it- they are too 3 happy, and shooting to many one on one jump-back 3's.

Utah is too strong inside for GS. Boozer is a beast, and they have no one to contain him. He also gets everyone else involved, something Dirk couldnt do. And thanks for the compliment, I am pretty damn good arent I. :D Maybe you should listen/read more, and speak/type less and you might learn something. :D

GS would be fishing right now, if it wasnt for the 3. The 3 is what beat Dallas, as Dallas had to respect it, instead of putting Dampier in the game literally stunting BD and Co from finishing at the basket, they gave up the lane and they still couldnt defend the 3.

So they are doing what they did to get here.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Utah is too strong inside for GS. Boozer is a beast, and they have no one to contain him. He also gets everyone else involved, something Dirk couldnt do. And thanks for the compliment, I am pretty damn good arent I. :D Maybe you should listen/read more, and speak/type less and you might learn something. :D

GS would be fishing right now, if it wasnt for the 3. The 3 is what beat Dallas, as Dallas had to respect it, instead of putting Dampier in the game literally stunting BD and Co from finishing at the basket, they gave up the lane and they still couldnt defend the 3.

So they are doing what they did to get here.

you have to adjust- they are jacking too many 3's - they can get to the bucket on this team, I mean with guys like Harpring, Giricek, Okur, even D. Williams- they aren't the quickest D around. GS needs to attack the rim instead of driving and kicking every damn time. Boozer is not a shot blocker-

The reality is they are all settling for 3's and jumpers way too much. Of course it is what got them by Dallas, but big difference between 20-25 3's attempted and 35-40 - just too many, and too soft to advance vs. a non-Mavericks type team.

D Fisher was cluuuutch - man he stuck some daggers

you have to adjust- they are jacking too many 3's - they can get to the bucket on this team, I mean with guys like Harpring, Giricek, Okur, even D. Williams- they aren't the quickest D around. GS needs to attack the rim instead of driving and kicking every damn time. Boozer is not a shot blocker-

The reality is they are all settling for 3's and jumpers way too much. Of course it is what got them by Dallas, but big difference between 20-25 3's attempted and 35-40 - just too many, and too soft to advance vs. a non-Mavericks type team.

D Fisher was cluuuutch - man he stuck some daggers

And Dallas needed to get the ball to Dirk, problem was when they did, they doubled down on him. If GS starts attacking, they will just continue to kick it outside, so Utah is letting them, saying we will wear this smalled team down, by leaning on them at the other end. The GS shots arent falling late in games like they did vs Dallas, because Utah is making them exert energy on both sides of the floor, and GS isnt as deep as Utah. Boozer doesnt have to be a shotblocker to alter GS from going to the basket, he is a roadblock. He may not block the shot, but he clogs the lane and makes them alter their shot which is just as effective. And how can you say D Williams isnt quick. he can get by B Davis anytime he wants too Dude is also playin, Dude is a 2nd yr player and like Boozer a star in the making. You are completely off your rocker.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?pa...ailydime-070514

Warriors' loss could be costlyBy Ric Bucher

ESPN The Magazine

OAKLAND -- The grand okeydoke perpetrated by the Utah Jazz worked like a charm.

The subtle one by Baron Davis and the not-so-subtle one by Jason Richardson? It could depend on the crispness of the bacon and the crunchiness of the toast that his local restaurant serves Stu Jackson on Monday morning.

For now, this is all that's certain: The Jazz, using Carlos Boozer as a 6-foot-9, 266-pound hammer, pounded the poise out of the Warriors and the breath out of their now infamously boisterous fans for a 115-101 win Sunday night at Oracle Arena.

Playoff Schedule

EAST SEMIFINALS

Detroit 3, Chicago 1

Game 5: Tues., 8 ET, at Det.

Cleveland 2, New Jersey 1

Game 4: Mon., 7 ET, at NJ

WEST SEMIFINALS

San Antonio 2, Phoenix 1

Game 4: Mon., 9:30 ET, at SA

Utah 3, Golden State 1

Game 5: Tues., 10:30 ET, at Utah

• The full playoff schedule

Boozer's 34 points on 13-of-19 shooting resulted in Golden State's first loss at home in seven weeks, including five playoff games. Utah now returns to Salt Lake City -- and maybe the second-loudest arena in the league -- with a chance to clinch the best-of-seven series Tuesday night.

The big question is, will Davis and Richardson make the trip?

The Jazz had a stranglehold on Sunday night's outcome, leading 102-93 with 97 seconds left, when Davis missed a 3-pointer and Deron Williams snared the rebound. As Derek Fisher turned to go upcourt, he banged into Davis and went down in a heap, forcing the Jazz to call a 20-second timeout. Replays showed Davis stopping and throwing an elbow, although Fisher said he thought it was Davis' shoulder that caught him in the right ear.

"Boom is tough and hard-nosed, but he wasn't out there trying to hurt anyone, especially me," said Fisher, referring to one of Baron's nicknames, Boom Dizzle. Even before they were teammates at Golden State, Fisher (a former Laker) and Davis (a former Bruin) developed a friendship through summer pickup games at UCLA. "This time of year, you can't expect anything different."

No foul was called on the play, but Stu Jackson, VP of league operations, has become notorious this year for looking at replays of physical altercations after the fact and escalating or reducing the punishment by the officials on hand. Jackson's rulings have appeared to be highly subjective, raising the question about breakfast that day being the determining factor.

Richardson could be subjected to similar video-clip justice after drawing a flagrant foul and being ejected for knocking Mehmet Okur out of the air on a dunk attempt with 37.2 seconds left.

Richardson said, "That's basketball," and Davis refused to comment, but teammate Stephen Jackson said there's no guarantee the Warriors will have their starting backcourt for Game 5.

Rocky Widner/Getty Images

Expect this late-fourth quarter flagrant foul by Richardson (right) on Okur (center) to come under league review."I am worried, because since I've been here everything has been magnified," said Jackson, who knows a little something about league policy on fines and suspensions.

The Jazz, in their way, blindsided the Warriors as well -- by refusing to look at the rim from long range for nearly all of the first 42 minutes and then suddenly letting it fly over the final six.

After taking only four 3-point attempts in the first half and none in the third quarter, Utah went 3-for-4 from beyond the arc in the fourth quarter, all three makes coming in the final six minutes. Throw in a pair of deep 2-point jumpers and the Jazz were, essentially, beating the Warriors at their own shoot-from-the-moon game.

And, maybe it's just coincidence, but the two guys doing all that long-range damage? Okur, with 12 fourth-quarter points, including a 3-ball and one of those deep 2-point Js, and Fisher, with 14 in the final period, including a pair of treys and the other long 2-pointer.

"A lot of that was Booz," said Williams. "He went to work early inside and that opened everything else up."

There may not be two greater contrasting styles in the NBA, and certainly not among the teams remaining in the playoffs. Not even the Suns and Spurs play at such disparate paces. Elephants vs. Eagles? PBS vs. MTV? Ice floe vs. Firehose? Shots vs. Pints? Red Bull vs. Lipton?

Maybe this captures it: in the first quarter, the Warriors scored nine points in 72 seconds, including a pair of 3-pointers 20 seconds apart.

The Jazz moseyed its way to the same nine points, only they took nearly four minutes to do it.

"We still have to try to stick to how we play, even if the 24-second clock runs out," said Coach Jerry Sloan. "We're not equipped to play any other way."

If the crowd was muzzled for the first time since the playoffs started, one reason is that the Warriors finally paid a price for their fast-and-loose style, committing six first-quarter turnovers and missing seven consecutive 3-pointers in the second quarter.

Utah, meanwhile, stubbornly refused to do anything the least bit risky. A 4-on-2 with Matt Harpring ahead of the pack? The Jazz just said no.

A long rebound with 35 seconds left in the quarter and a shot at two possessions with a quick score? The Jazz didn't even consider it.

And even when they got a second possession, with 3/10ths of a second on the clock, they didn't bother with the what-the-hell heave in the direction of the rim on the inbound hoping for a lucky tip-in.

"The Warriors have been successful because they have a very unique style and force you to play that way," said Andrei Kirilenko. "Dallas started to play their game with them and you see what happened. We can't afford to do that."

The Warriors, of course, can't afford to play without Davis or Richardson. The team plane leaves at 2 p.m. PT. Even if Jackson goes for brunch, they should know their fate by then.

• Talk back to the Daily Dime

And Dallas needed to get the ball to Dirk, problem was when they did, they doubled down on him. If GS starts attacking, they will just continue to kick it outside, so Utah is letting them, saying we will wear this smalled team down, by leaning on them at the other end. The GS shots arent falling late in games like they did vs Dallas, because Utah is making them exert energy on both sides of the floor, and GS isnt as deep as Utah. Boozer doesnt have to be a shotblocker to alter GS from going to the basket, he is a roadblock. He may not block the shot, but he clogs the lane and makes them alter their shot which is just as effective. And how can you say D Williams isnt quick. he can get by B Davis anytime he wants too Dude is also playin, Dude is a 2nd yr player and like Boozer a star in the making. You are completely off your rocker.

Dallas CAN get the rack vs Utah- they are just settling for jumpers- you can analyze this series all you want the reality is these are two evenly match squads and if not for atrocious FT shooting in game 2- this series is 2-2.

Deron Williams is an excellent young PT- but as for quickness? no, he is not one of the quicker point guards in the league- not sure what your talking about to be honest. As far as NBA point guards? he is about average quickness-wise. Strong, heady, great young player though- no doubt.

Dallas CAN get the rack vs Utah- they are just settling for jumpers- you can analyze this series all you want the reality is these are two evenly match squads and if not for atrocious FT shooting in game 2- this series is 2-2.

Deron Williams is an excellent young PT- but as for quickness? no, he is not one of the quicker point guards in the league- not sure what your talking about to be honest. As far as NBA point guards? he is about average quickness-wise. Strong, heady, great young player though- no doubt.

LMAO, I got you thinking Dallas was playing Utah didn't I. I love frustrating the hell out of you. :D

And you are the John Amaechi of the huddle

terrible comeback. Go for the obvious call on the only NBA'er to come out of the closet- solid.

That humor back in Oklahoma? you forget I am from Seattle, us west coasters that are str8 have no problem with the gay dudes- I was over any lame homo jokes a long time ago.

Stay hot in the ass backwards bible belt!