[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is This Wrong?

spain

because it sure makes my pants tight:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...60428/1001/NEWS

Wednesday, 05/16/07

Teacher in sex case has bond hearing today

Williamson County officials also investigate separate allegations involving another Independence High educator

By MITCHELL KLINE

Staff Writer

FRANKLIN — An Independence High School art teacher was arrested Tuesday on charges that she had a sexual relationship with a student, and the Williamson County Sheriff's Office is looking into allegations about a second teacher there.

The art teacher, Heather Thorsby, 34, has been charged with sexual battery by an authority figure and was suspended from the school system without pay.

Williamson County Sheriff Ricky Headley confirmed that detectives are investigating allegations about another teacher and a student but said there is "no evidence at this point" to charge that teacher. He would not go into detail about that case other than to say that allegations came from a "third party." Headley said the student had not yet been interviewed by police.

Williamson County Schools officials would not comment on the ongoing investigation.

Headley said that Thorsby, who is in her third year of teaching art at the school, told school officials that she'd been having an inappropriate relationship with a female student.According to Headley, Thorsby said that she and the student, who is now 18, had been in a relationship since December that began as a friendship but later turned sexual.

The girl's parents uncovered the relationship after finding a message in her room, Headley said. The parents talked with school officials on Friday. The student was interviewed and provided a written statement detailing the relationship. Headley said the teacher and student spent lots of time together."There may have been some field trips and school-related activities," Headley said. "There were times when they were together away from school, supposedly doing school work at the teacher's house."

Thorsby and the student also had sexual contact at the school, according to a police report.

Thorsby was being held at the county jail without bail, awaiting a bond hearing scheduled for 8 a.m. today.

Her attorney, Joe Baugh, did not return a reporter's phone call.

Williamson County Schools Director Rebecca Sharber said it's always a shock when a teacher betrays the trust bestowed upon them.

"We can not stand for our teachers to do this to our students," Sharber said.

Thorsby planned to resign at the end of the school year, according to Sharber.

Taking the fact that she's a school teacher getting it on with one of her students out of the equation leaves us with Young Lesbo + Younger Lesbo = Pants Tight with a remainder of Mayonnaise (borrowed from Hugh). So no, you're right on target. It's just a frigin shame this crap continues to go on in school districts giving teachers bad names. Teachers are going to start getting compared to priest. Not good!! :D

"There were times when they were together away from school, supposedly doing school work at the teacher's house."

Uh, I thought the only time a student should be at a teacher's house would be in a homeschool situation. I was gonna say these are the dumbest parents I've ever seen, but then there was a similar tv news item here in L.A. late last night:

A 28 y.o. male dance instructor (for a local dance studio) invited a group of girls, aged 10-14, over to his house for some 'practice and a swim party'. He installed a spy cam in the bathroom where they were supposed to change into their swimsuits. One of the girls saw it, and he's busted. His wife worked there also, and they are both out of a job.

If I can find a link, I'll supply it. Stupidity all around, IMHO...

My brother used to take his 17 yo stepdaughter to the lake skiing with her girlfriends... not ugly.

Was that wrong?

It depends. If he was just being a good dad and giving them a good time on the lake, then that's fine. If he was having sex with them, then yeah that's probably wrong.

:D

Were you trying to send a hint with this post or did you screw up a link to Girls gone Wild?