[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Faced with a choice between OPEC and America, who does W support?

wiegie

Let's make a list. Ways to lower the price of a gallon of gas...

Sue OPEC

Build more refineries

Drill in Alaska and off-shore oil fields

Get rid of mandated summer blends of gasoline

Lower State of federal taxes on gasoline

Consume less gasoline by using alternative transportation or fuels

What else am I missing?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm....NIMBY

You mean that thing that basically everyone on both sides of the political fence engage in? As I said before, nobody wants those things in their backyard. Nobody.

See above. Soprano's reference. Wanted to see if you'd get it or get mad. :D

Gotcha. We don't have HBO and catch them after the fact. Honestly, I was more puzzled than anything. I figured it was something like that after I saw Menudo's response.

You mean that thing that basically everyone on both sides of the political fence engage in? As I said before, nobody wants those things in their backyard. Nobody.

There are three refineries within a 50 mile radius of my home and we pay the highest prices in our state on average.

I wouldnt mind one in my back yard. Couldnt be any worse than the meth lab in my basement... :D

Sue OPEC

Build more refineries

What else am I missing?

How about it we take a cue from Chavez and Putin and switch over to state-controlled oil production and management.

It seems to be working pretty well for them.

How about it we take a cue from Chavez and Putin and switch over to state-controlled oil production and management.

Can't find a huddler anywhere named Putin. And Chavez is a dumb Mexican, who's ruining these boards, so who cares what he does.

He missed nukemttq's solution: Nuke the ME to glass, then use a big straw to siphon out all the oil we need.

Edited by cre8tiff

Can't find a huddler anywhere named Putin. And Chavez is a dumb Mexican, who's ruining these boards, so who cares what he does.

Chavez is not Mexican. It's racist to think that just because he's drunk, lazy, and slightly browner than a well-tanned Greek he has to be Mexican.

I'm here for you Big Pablo. I won't let Hugh say bad things about you.

You NIMBY folks crack me up. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of communities across America who would love it if a refinery (and the jobs and money that it brings) would open up near them.

You NIMBY folks crack me up. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of communities across America who would love it if a refinery (and the jobs and money that it brings) would open up near them.

so why werent the refineries being built for the last 20 years?

so why werent the refineries being built for the last 20 years?

More environmentally friendly regulations combined with already low profit margins attributable to the refining process. In reality, its been cheaper to buy and retrofit another company's refinery than it has been to build new ones. You want someone to blame for lack of capcaity? Look no further than an oil and gas industry that has been unwilling to make the capital investment, because for the last 20 years its more profitable for them not to.

Edited by yo mama

Sue OPEC

Build more refineries

Communism ala Atomic

What else am I missing?

Added to list.