[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kobe:Trade me if Jerry West does not come back

Sleeping King

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2884339

Umm Danny Ainge get on the phone yesterday. Pierce, Gomes and the #5 for Kobe. Make it happen sucka.

It's simply a power move to get Mitch out of the front office... As a Laker fan, I would love to see West back in control... I personally think they are just one or two pieces away from being in the hunt every year, so make a deal and let's get back to winning.

Mediocrity sucks. :D

You'll be able to be in this situation as long as Kobe is in town. He's the man.

True, but if we're going to lose in the first round, I'd rather be in line for a lottery pick. :-)

I love how in modern day sports players try to decide the front office personnel. Get your ass back on the court/field and play ball you punks.

Agreed

And kobe is a phenomenal talent but he does not make the players around him better ...heck if anything he makes them worse ....its all about kobe ...he can score 60 every night but when you take 35-40 shots and your team loses , what the difference ..jordan he is not and will never be

Lakers arent dealing Kobe, unless they get a stud in return. Best rumor Ive heard was on Mike and Mike this morning. Kobe for (1.1 - Oden) and Brandon Roy

No way if I'm Portland would I do that. Brandon Roy :D is one of the most complete players and a future star in this league and Odem will stabilize the front line in Portland for years.

Agreed

And kobe is a phenomenal talent but he does not make the players around him better ...heck if anything he makes them worse ....its all about kobe ...he can score 60 every night but when you take 35-40 shots and your team loses , what the difference ..jordan he is not and will never be

Couldn't have said it better myself.

No way if I'm Portland would I do that. Brandon Roy :D is one of the most complete players and a future star in this league and Odem will stabilize the front line in Portland for years.

Kobe is not going anywhere soon, as most teams would have to give up at least an A+ superstar (i.e. name the top 6-7 guys in the league,) plus a decent role player plus a 1st rounder to get him. Yes, he is worth that much. It would likely take a 3-team deal, and even then its iffy.

He's saying they never told him it was a 4-5 year building process a couple years ago when they convinced him to re-sign over moving to the Clips or Bulls. He said they told him they would be gunning for a championship right away. Well, that is obviously not the case. And you could say it was naivete on his part if he really feels 'duped': wouldn't every team he talked to say that to get him to sign??

I do hope West comes back, but its still uphill: with Brown and Odem hurt, they just lost a couple bargaining chips for the summer. Besides the obvious disaster in Smush, they have to let Bynum and maybe Farmar and/or Walton go to get better - they're holding on to Bynum as a high potential guy. And yes, he may be great in a couple years, but does anyone think he'll be the next Shaq? I didn't think so...

Crossing my fingers here in Lakerland, but no one has a clue what will happen....

Edited by Coffeeman

Kobe for Kevin Garnett. Straight up. :D

A bit of exile for Kobe to nowhere land would be refreshing ... Getting KG into the national spotlight would do the game wonders ...

I thought Kobe was going to win championships without Shaq? :D:tup:

Kobe for Kevin Garnett. Straight up. :tup:

A bit of exile for Kobe to nowhere land would be refreshing ... Getting KG into the national spotlight would do the game wonders ...

I thought Kobe was going to win championships without Shaq? :D:doh:

Hey Kobe ....... Shaq won another one ..... Without you :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2884339

Umm Danny Ainge get on the phone yesterday. Pierce, Gomes and the #5 for Kobe. Make it happen sucka.

If I was the Lakers I would jump all over this. it is much more than kobe is worth.

You'll be able to be in this situation as long as Kobe is in town. He's the man.

Yep.

Lakers arent dealing Kobe, unless they get a stud in return. Best rumor Ive heard was on Mike and Mike this morning. Kobe for (1.1 - Oden) and Brandon Roy

Portland would be retarded to do this.