[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meachem

tbimm

The only other thing I can see that he had was a torn meniscus in 2003. The guy ranked 4th in the nation last year with 100 yards per game. Like most top WR, he set records, blah, blah, blah.

Kind of premature to slap an injury tag on him IMO

That's crazy talk. Next thing you know you'll be saying it's too early to call Mario Williams a bust.

The only other thing I can see that he had was a torn meniscus in 2003. The guy ranked 4th in the nation last year with 100 yards per game. Like most top WR, he set records, blah, blah, blah.

Exactly what I was thinking. :D

As a Devery Henderson owner, and fan, I would just like to say that whatever happens, happens..... :D

I heard he came back out Sunday without the sleeve on his knee and looked fine. (Had the wrap on Saturday)

Edit: Sounds like he sat out the afternoon practice Sunday though with the wrap back on...no word on if he reaggravated something and that was why he sat. It's definitely concerning that he really hasn't shown us anything in camp though. On the bright side, I'm hearing nothing but great things about Devery this year so far.

Edited by myhousekey

Ugh...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892754

Saints first-round draft pick Robert Meachem will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his knee Tuesday morning and will be out 3-4 weeks, sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley on Monday.

Earlier in the day, the Saints said the wide receiver had to have his right knee examined for a potential medial meniscus problem after he missed practices Sunday and Monday.

Head coach Sean Payton said after Monday's practice that the Saints knew about a possible minor meniscus problem before they drafted the former standout receiver out of Tennessee with the 27th pick overall.

"We backed him off yesterday and the same way this morning," Payton said.

Meachem also missed portions of rookie camp the weekend after the draft when he sprained his left ankle.

Maybe there is something to this:

Saints first-round pick Robert Meachem will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday and miss the next three-to-four weeks of offseason work.

The Saints knew about the injury before drafting him and apparently hoped it would heal on its own. The surgery will set Meachem back even more in his bid to beat out Devery Henderson for a starting job. He should be ready for training camp but his chances for rookie fantasy value have diminished.

Link