[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh area Huddlers...need some suggestions!

I Like Soup

A customer of mine is moving to the Pittsburgh area and will be an associate professor at the University of Pittsburgh. Could y'all suggest some areas that are nice to be in?

Oh, please don't delete this thread...:D

A customer of mine is moving to the Pittsburgh area and will be an associate professor at the University of Pittsburgh. Could y'all suggest some areas that are nice to be in?

It will depend on how close they want to be to the University and what type of commute they want to make. If they don't mind the suburbs then Cranberry Twp(15-20 min north of the city) is nice, so is North Hills area like ross twp, Wexford, McCandless, Allison Park, Glenshaw (5-15 min north of the city).. .There are some nice areas south of the city too like Mt Lebanon, Bethel Park, South Park.

It will depend on how close they want to be to the University and what type of commute they want to make. If they don't mind the suburbs then Cranberry Twp(15-20 min north of the city) is nice, so is North Hills area like ross twp, Wexford, McCandless, Allison Park, Glenshaw (5-15 min north of the city).. .There are some nice areas south of the city too like Mt Lebanon, Bethel Park, South Park.

:D

I very much agree with this. I am a South Hills kind of guy and Max is a North Hills guy. Both sides have some really nice areas and if your friend has the money and wants to be close there are also some great areas in the city.

Does your friend have children? What sort of needs does he have area wise. I mean there are places all around this city that are very nice. Upper St. Clair, Jefferson, Peters Twp. I could go on and on. I would need more specific info to really suggest an area.

Seeing as how you live in Ben Roehlisbeehbjkam,shgosidufbbergers underwear I'm not sure you are a good resource.

Well, as incredibly original as the Roethlisberger comment was, I regret to inform you that I do not work for the Places Rated Almanac, so, I'm not the resource.

Robinson Twp west of Pittsburgh has some nice areas as well. I used to live in Mt. Lebanon, but the taxes were very high. I don't know if they still are but I was amazed how relatively inexpensive some of the real estate has become there. Bethel Park is nice. Also south of the city is Peters Twp, but need some $$ to live there as well as Upper St. Clair. A buddy of mine bought a home in Greentree and loves it there. Castle Shannon and Dormont are very close commutes but I don't know what those communities are like now. I haven't lived in the Burgh since 1981.

We definitely need more details. Is he single or married? How old is he? If married does he have kids?

If single, he should live close to the city. SouthSide condos or somewhere on the North Shore. If married with kidlets then the suburbs are the best bet. He will definitely want to avoid the tunnels. That really leaves the North Hills as his option. Lots of cool places.

We definitely need more details. Is he single or married? How old is he? If married does he have kids?

If single, he should live close to the city. SouthSide condos or somewhere on the North Shore. If married with kidlets then the suburbs are the best bet. He will definitely want to avoid the tunnels. That really leaves the North Hills as his option. Lots of cool places.

Are you from Pgh as well? If so, what part?

I was thinking that too. If he chose parts of Shaler, Aspinwall, Blawnox, Fox Chapel or those surrounding areas he could go across the 40th street bridge and up to the Bloomfield Bridge and go down the hill and get to the U of Pitt with a very short commute without really touching any Highways or Main Roads.

Edited by max

Well, he is married so I imagine he'll want a little quieter of an area. I mailed him y'all's responses and he was very appreciative! I can always count on my Huddler brethren. :D