[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've got the # 5 pick

YoungBob

I just found out yesterday that I've got the # 5 pick in a 12 team (PPR/standard scoring) league. From my initial conversations with other owners it sounds like LT2, SJax, LJ and Gore will be off the board before my choice. Any advice as to where you would look next? Alexander seems logical, if healthy, though I'm giving strong consideration to Addai and Westbrook as it is a PPR league. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think people in the 5 hole really need to monitor Alexander's progress/outlook. Like many, I have a bad feeling about him.

Westy and Addai are high risk/high reward type players but I would take the fresher legs in Addai and he should have plenty of room to run in that offense.

I think more important picks for you will be in rounds 2 and 3. I would try taking Addai, then going for someone a bit more proven (maybe T.Jones who looks like a lock to do alright in NY).

Or you could grab someone like Rudi in the first round (a bit early) then take more dynamic/playmaker players like Bush/JonesDrew as your back up. You can likely still land a nice WR with your 2nd or 3rd, maybe a Wayne or TO or Walker.

5 hole is full of tough decisions this year.

If I were you, I'd test the waters, and see if someone desperately wants the #5 pick. Since there is no surefire pick, maybe you can swap your 1.05 for a lower 1st-round pick and perhaps an extra 3rd-4th rounder?

If you beleive DMD's rankings, you'll still be able to nab Westbrook at the 1.11 spot.

With so many Tier 2 RBs (Addai, Maroney, parker, Alexander, Westbrook, Henry, Portis, Brown, McGahee), any of them could be a #5 choice, or #12 choice.

I sure like Westy in the 5 hole. Alexander still has O-line issues and the SEA O seems to be regressing somewhat. Westy still has an injury history, but when he's healthy he hangs performance-wise with anyone but the big 3 in the league. Addai is intriguing, but he is still a crap shoot as to how he'll handle being the featured RB with little hope of having anyone on the roster that can legitimately give him a break.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Based upon the wide range of responses, I can see I've got a lot of homework to do. I've already put it out to the league that I'm open to trading draft slots though that, while allowed, has never happened in our league. I'm going to keep an eye on Alexander but am looking at Addai very closely. I can see him involved as a main cog in the Indy offense. Being a PPR league would seem to favor him over Alexander. All additional thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm gonna say someone most will not consider for the # 5 Pick in a re-draft. T Henry. He is the prefect RB for the offense Denver runs. I believe he will put up top 3 or 4 RB numbers for 1 or 2 seasons.

While your performancfe projection might be true, no owner - with the possible exception of a DEN homer league - should be drafting henry with the 5th pick. If an owner wants Henry that badly, they ought to be trading down to the 12thor 13th pick and gaining advantage later in the draft. Henry's ADP is around 19 right now.

Edited by Bronco Billy