[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Nintendo Wii

MojoMan

Can any of y'all recommend where (the big box stores can't keep them in stock) to buy the Wii?

Also, I'm considering getting an extra remote and nonchuck at the same time.

Are there any other accessories I should consider getting from the git go?

Thanks.

Can any of y'all recommend where (the big box stores can't keep them in stock) to buy the Wii?

Also, I'm considering getting an extra remote and nonchuck at the same time.

Are there any other accessories I should consider getting from the git go?

Thanks.

check out a gamestop and ask them when their shipments come in. ours had stuff coming in each day around noon, so they advised us to call them around 12:30 to check. the first day we called, they got some wiis in and my wife shot over to pick one up. prior to this, we were just trying to get lucky by checking now and then and it never worked.

we don't have any other accessories, just the remote and nonchuck.

i purchased off Ebay, because all my locals were out.

I'd get at least one extra remote

I would also order a component Wii cable for it, the analog that comes with it gives a horrible picture (think.......Atari ) , the component is noticeably better.

I stopped in to the local Meijer store (similar to a Wal Mart supercenter if you don't have them where you are). They had several in stock.

I can grab you one (assuming they still have them) and you can paypal me the money. I bought one myself just yesterday.

I stopped in to the local Meijer store (similar to a Wal Mart supercenter if you don't have them where you are). They had several in stock.

I can grab you one (assuming they still have them) and you can paypal me the money. I bought one myself just yesterday.

I am still trying to get my hands on one. Havnt tried too hard but everytime I am out and about I ask the store. No luck yet.

Where do you live CR?

Our local Shopko seems to consistently have them when Game Stop, Target, etc. do not. I have picked up 3 so far for family/friends, each on the first try. I don't know if they're off the beaten path or what the deal is. Might be worth a phone call if there is a Shopko in your area.

I picked mine up at a Super Kmart in Jan/Feb, they only had one left (I got lucky)

I bought an extra controller and a "classic" controller which So far I have not needed because the regular controller functions the same turned sideways. I later picked up Wii Play because it was only $10 more than a remote by itself, and it included one with it, as Dr. Love already pointed out.

Extra remotes are key and an extra nunchuck if you wish to box with more than one person (other games use the nunchuck too)

I have Tiger Woods which I like, but the Wii sports that comes with it will be most of your entertainment.

I've been calling around and no suck luch. I did find this site http://store.pandorascube.com/wiisyst.html

I'm safe to assume that this guy is like a ticket broker? He does the legwork of constantly locating Wiis and charges a premium of $150/unit?

try wiitracker.com. it hits a bunch of different retail web sites (target.com, buy.com, amazon.com, etc) and tells you whether the wii is in stock. just refresh it throughout the day for a few days and see if you get lucky.

try wiitracker.com. it hits a bunch of different retail web sites (target.com, buy.com, amazon.com, etc) and tells you whether the wii is in stock. just refresh it throughout the day for a few days and see if you get lucky.

Thanks I will try that.

I found one at gamestop but it was refurbished and they are selling it for 230 thats only a 20 savings so i rather wait.

Thanks for the info I scored one on CircuitCity. I was forced to buy the bundle but the only thing I had to add which I didnt want was the $20 classic controller.

I will let you guys know how I like it.

I ordered Zelda with it.

Does it come with any games? Also, does it come with the nunchuck and if not do I need it?

Thanks for the info I scored one on CircuitCity. I was forced to buy the bundle but the only thing I had to add which I didnt want was the $20 classic controller.

I will let you guys know how I like it.

I ordered Zelda with it.

Does it come with any games? Also, does it come with the nunchuck and if not do I need it?

it comes with a nunchuck and the game Wii Sports. the classic controller is handy in case you want to download any of the Wii Virtual Console games (there's a list of them on wikipedia).

it comes with a nunchuck and the game Wii Sports. the classic controller is handy in case you want to download any of the Wii Virtual Console games (there's a list of them on wikipedia).

Actually so far I haven't needed the classic controller as the Wii remote functions the same turned sideways.......Of course I've ovly downloaded Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong, I don't know if it would be needed for any others.

I was just in the Mall and the Gamestop had one in stock. I bought Zelda and just ordered Wii Play.

The thing is a blast.

Congrats... I am contemplating getting one for my kids for Christmas. So I would be interested in your thoughts in a few weeks.

Everyone is saying out fun this video game system is and since we don't have HD for the TV just yet, this definitely sounds like the best choice.

Actually so far I haven't needed the classic controller as the Wii remote functions the same turned sideways.......Of course I've ovly downloaded Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong, I don't know if it would be needed for any others.

A Game Cube controller will work with the virtual console games also.

Edited by stoperat