[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PS3 or Xbox360?

Venus

Where did you hear this? I like to try to stay up to date on all kinds of games, at least somewhat, but have not heard anything about a price INCREASE. That would essentially kill all sony sales IMO. I would be SHOCKED if they jacked the price up for a measly 20gbs.

well....it's not an increase...

they will phase out the 60 GB model and run with the new 80...

while they have the 60...they'll release the 80 GB version with MotorStorm and a rumble controller along with something else probably....

the system itself will be 499 after the 60 version runs out and they're expected to drop the price again around this time next year to 399...

games?...you must not have not seen the titles coming out for the PS3....plus it's just 8 months old compared to the 20 months the 360 has had...

I'll list...a couple (these are exclusive titles only)....these are games coming out within the next month and up until early next year..

Warhawk

heavenly Sword

Lair

Killzone 2

Metal Gear solid 4

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Gran Turismo HD 5

what are some of the exclusive 360 titles coming out

Halo 3 and ............

all the other top 360 titles coming out are already coming out on PS3 (resident evil 5, GTA IV and Devil May Cry 4)

Let's try it with the link I posted. Here's the PS3 Exclusives out now:

Released (8)

Fomula One: Championship Edition

Full Auto 2: Battlelines

Genji: Days of the Blade

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

MotorStorm

Resistance: Fall of Man

Ridge Racer 7

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Here's the 360 Exclusives out now:

Released (44)

Amped 3

Battlestations: Midway*

Bomberman: Act Zero

Dead Rising on Xbox 360Bullet Witch

Call of Duty 2*

Call of Juarez*

Chromehounds

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars*

Condemned: Criminal Origins*

Crackdown

Dance Dance Revolution

Dead or Alive 4

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

Dead Rising

Earth Defense Force 2017

Forza Motorsport 2

Full Auto

Fuzion Frenzy 2

Gears Of War on Xbox 360Gears of War

Import Tuner Challenge

Kameo: Elements of Power

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition*

MotoGP 06*

Ninety-Nine Nights

Over G Fighters

Perfect Dark Zero

Prey*

Project Gotham Racing 3

Quake 4*

Ridge Racer 6

Project Gotham Racing 3 on Xbox 360Rumble Roses XX

Saints Row

Shadowrun*

Star Trek: Legacy*

Table Tennis

Tenchu Z

Tetris Evolution

The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles*

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle For Middle-earth II*

The Outfit

Top Spin 2*

Viva Piñata

WarTech: Senko No Ronde

Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1

Like I said before, you've been saying the games are coming out for awhile. Eventually you'll be right and the games will come out. Why can't you admit there's some benefits to having the 360 over the PS3?

there are benefits to woning a 360 as I almost bought it...

I've played some 360 games and really only wanted it for Gears of War...because everyone I knew was playing it...

if you look at both systems within their 1st 20 months considering the 360 had a whole year to itself....and the games the PS3 will have released over their 1st 20 months and they bloew the 360 away....

aside from the rings of death and the lack of attractive games coming out within the next year....the 360 is a fine system and almost worth the money (if it wasn't for the failure rate)....the current lineup of games are attractive to a wide range of people...

I just don't think Lost Planet or any of these other games are very good at all...

the things that PS3 is doing with games is really taking a step ahead....

I dunno...the PS3 is some of my best spent money (that I can at least account for ahah)...and I only own 2 games (I traded in older games)..

I will say I even own the 2 best games on this system (Resistance and Ninja Gaiden Sigma with Madden, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword on the way)

I know I make it sound like the 360 is complete crap...but the list you posted was just a little unfair considering the PS3 has been out 8 months compared to the 20 that the 360 has....

I named quality exclusive games....not every exclusive game the PS3 has coming out under the sun...

games?...you must not have not seen the titles coming out for the PS3....plus it's just 8 months old compared to the 20 months the 360 has had...

I'll list...a couple (these are exclusive titles only)....these are games coming out within the next month and up until early next year..

Warhawk

heavenly Sword

Lair

Killzone 2

Metal Gear solid 4

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Gran Turismo HD 5

what are some of the exclusive 360 titles coming out

Halo 3 and ............

all the other top 360 titles coming out are already coming out on PS3 (resident evil 5, GTA IV and Devil May Cry 4)

i'm not getting into the which-is-better debate, because i don't care, but some of this is misleading. there hasn't been a release date yet for killzone 2 -- all sony has said is it'll be out in 2008. gran turismo 5 has no release date at all -- gran turismo 5 prologue (a preview of the game with something like 40 cars and 4 tracks) is coming out first, and even that still doesn't even have a release date. as for the xbox 360, in addition to halo 3, there's mass effect (from the same developer as star wars: knights of the old republic), blue dragon and lost odyssey, all of which look promising (especially mass effect). my point is that there are great upcoming games for both systems, and to get into the "this lineup is better than that one" debate is just to get into fanboy nonsense.

i'm not getting into the which-is-better debate, because i don't care, but some of this is misleading. there hasn't been a release date yet for killzone 2 -- all sony has said is it'll be out in 2008. gran turismo 5 has no release date at all -- gran turismo 5 prologue (a preview of the game with something like 40 cars and 4 tracks) is coming out first, and even that still doesn't even have a release date. as for the xbox 360, in addition to halo 3, there's mass effect (from the same developer as star wars: knights of the old republic), blue dragon and lost odyssey, all of which look promising (especially mass effect). my point is that there are great upcoming games for both systems, and to get into the "this lineup is better than that one" debate is just to get into fanboy nonsense.

words like fanboy is your opinion...

KillZone 2 is coming out either January or Febraury....I forget...

GT5 will be out by spring next year...

and the lineup for the PS3 IS better...there is no debate, honestly...

the poster of this thread wanted to know which one he should buy...and I gave my opinion...

the lineup for the PS3 is pretty much the same one that made the PS2 strong...and it's getting top games where you can't get them anywhere else...

also...for current PS3 owners, the Heavenly Sword demo is available....it's like God of War with better graphics :D

gran turismo 5 prologue (a preview of the game with something like 40 cars and 4 tracks) is coming out first, and even that still doesn't even have a release date.

i saw this one running on the demo unit at walmart a couple days ago.

as for the xbox 360, in addition to halo 3, there's mass effect (from the same developer as star wars: knights of the old republic), blue dragon and lost odyssey, all of which look promising (especially mass effect). my point is that there are great upcoming games for both systems, and to get into the "this lineup is better than that one" debate is just to get into fanboy nonsense.

well, it's safe to say that sony has exclusivity on some monster franchises (gran turismo, metal gear, god of war, final fantasy). xbox has exclusivity on halo and a bunch of PC games. in terms of quantity, right now, xbox wins. in terms of quality bankable titles in the near future, ps3 probably wins.

Edited by Azazello1313

there are benefits to woning a 360 as I almost bought it...

I've played some 360 games and really only wanted it for Gears of War...because everyone I knew was playing it...

if you look at both systems within their 1st 20 months considering the 360 had a whole year to itself....and the games the PS3 will have released over their 1st 20 months and they bloew the 360 away....

aside from the rings of death and the lack of attractive games coming out within the next year....the 360 is a fine system and almost worth the money (if it wasn't for the failure rate)....the current lineup of games are attractive to a wide range of people...

I just don't think Lost Planet or any of these other games are very good at all...

the things that PS3 is doing with games is really taking a step ahead....

I dunno...the PS3 is some of my best spent money (that I can at least account for ahah)...and I only own 2 games (I traded in older games)..

I will say I even own the 2 best games on this system (Resistance and Ninja Gaiden Sigma with Madden, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword on the way)

I know I make it sound like the 360 is complete crap...but the list you posted was just a little unfair considering the PS3 has been out 8 months compared to the 20 that the 360 has....

I named quality exclusive games....not every exclusive game the PS3 has coming out under the sun...

the poster of this thread wanted to know which one he should buy...and I gave my opinion...

the lineup for the PS3 is pretty much the same one that made the PS2 strong...and it's getting top games where you can't get them anywhere else...

also...for current PS3 owners, the Heavenly Sword demo is available....it's like God of War with better graphics :D

you said it....

oh and i am a PS3 owner too ...but a fanboy is as a fanboy does :D

you said it....

oh and i am a PS3 owner too ...but a fanboy is as a fanboy does :D

how is this when I had a 360 paid for...

but when I realized how long I was going to have to wait to get it....I just canceled it ....it was some internet company and I waited a month...

and I just figured why waste my time when I only wanted Gears anyways...

how is this when I had a 360 paid for...

but when I realized how long I was going to have to wait to get it....I just canceled it ....it was some internet company and I waited a month...

and I just figured why waste my time when I only wanted Gears anyways...

you missed the :D:D

not to belabor the point, but sony's release date for killzone 2 is "2008," and it has said nothing about a release date for gran turismo 5. whatever dates are floating around out there are speculative. sony has hyped the hell out of killzone 2 -- why release it just after the holiday season? and if gran turismo 5 is supposed to be out in the spring, why bother with this "prologue" edition, which probably won't even be released till the end of the year, at the earliest?

i saw this one running on the demo unit at walmart a couple days ago.

that was likely gran turismo HD concept, a demo that came out late last year.

not to belabor the point, but sony's release date for killzone 2 is "2008," and it has said nothing about a release date for gran turismo 5. whatever dates are floating around out there are speculative. sony has hyped the hell out of killzone 2 -- why release it just after the holiday season? and if gran turismo 5 is supposed to be out in the spring, why bother with this "prologue" edition, which probably won't even be released till the end of the year, at the earliest?

that was likely gran turismo HD concept, a demo that came out late last year.

alright stop...I'll post a link...

jeeze..

http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

alright stop...I'll post a link...

jeeze..

http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

lol, half those release dates are guesses or wishful thinking. i was at the E3 fallout 3 demo where they said they were shooting for a fall '08 release date, not march, like it says there. infamous had a minute-long teaser, that was it -- sony has said nothing about a release date. i believe lucasarts said it was shooting for a fall release date for fracture, not summer. and beowulf is coming out in november with the movie, not "TBA 2008," like it says there. all i'm saying is you're making guesswork into gospel -- if killzone 2 and these other games had solid release dates, every game site -- not to mention amazon, gamestop.com and retail sites -- would be quoting the same date, but they aren't.

• 4 years later...

This is an old thread, but I'm on the verge of replacing my PS2 and was wondering if people's sentiments about these 2 systems remains the same. I assume that PS3's game library has caught up in the years since this thread has been posted?

I can't believe it has really been that long since the PS3 came out. :headsmack:

I've owned a PS3 for a long time now (Fat 60GB) and it's been pretty awesome. I don't know if you can really go wrong either way, but the built in blu ray player along with free online tilted the PS3 to the one I picked.

This is an old thread, but I'm on the verge of replacing my PS2 and was wondering if people's sentiments about these 2 systems remains the same. I assume that PS3's game library has caught up in the years since this thread has been posted?

I can't believe it has really been that long since the PS3 came out. :headsmack:

if you look forward to playing online with friends, 360 might be the way to go.

they're similar, but different. you will definately need the ps3 controllers.

I don't think these controllers (ps3 or 360) get enough credit. They're comfortable, amazingly responsive, intuative and the timing and varying degrees of vibration add an amazing amount to the gaming experience.

What's the difference? The population size of the online community? Ease of use?

The PS3 controller is about the same as the dual analog PS2 but it's a bluetooth controller so you cannot use your old ones. As far as the Xbox controllers I actually liked the big one that was part of the original Xbox but I guess the "wave" or whatever they call it is popular with some people. I really think once you use any controller for a few hours they are both pretty natural and it's not really a difference maker to me.

I had an old school Xbox during the previous generation so I'm familiar with Live. To be honest if you just want to game with random people Live is a good place to do it. I really don't care about a "gamer score" and I typically play with friends who have a PS3 so I prefer the free service because it gives me what I need, I can meet up with real friends, and I don't have to pay for it. There are loud 14 year olds on both services but it's possible that Live is slightly worse in that category if you believe the stories online. Anyway, you can find a deal on Live cards online sometimes but in general it is another expense you'll have year after year. I also don't remember if the X360 comes with a wireless card now or not. That used to be another component you had to purchase if you didn't want to run CAT5 directly to your entertainment center. At this point the population size of both communities is hugh. I haven't had any problems gaming with friends on PSN but I'd bet it might be a little slicker on Live since it is a pay for service.

I dunno, I really don't think you can go wrong either way. If you have a HD tv I think the blu ray player makes the PS3 a solid deal but if you just want to game it really doesn't matter too much. The exclusives are pretty even and they both have good graphics. If some of your RL friends have one or the other you might want to grab whatever they have so you can game with them. Most people don't have both once they are a little older (not a dig, I'm just jealous of those who still get to game a lot and have a wife and kids).