[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy Scoring System so I need help drafting

This league that I just joined has some pretty out there scoring rules and I was wondering if i could get some advice on when

I should draft certain positions?

Quarterbacks get 5.49 points for touchdowns and 1.27 points for every 48 yards passing

interceptions are -14.25 points and rushing touchdowns for Quarterbacks are worth 6.15 points each

Running Backs get 1.25 points for every 17 yards that they rush for and they get .18 points for every reception but only if the receptions are in multiples of 2. Rushing Touchdowns are worth 3.9 points each and a receiving td for a running back is worth 6.4 points

Wide Receivers get 2.52 points for every 24 yards they they get receiving the ball and they get 4.38 points for every reception but they have have 3 receptions before the points start to count. Receiving touchdowns are worth 5.1 points each and a rushing touchdown is worth 9.46 points

Tight Ends get the same exact scoring as Wide Receivers except the points are doubled

Kickers get 15.8 points for field goals that are 30 yards or less and 21.2 points from 31 to 49 yards. 50 yards or longer are worth 33 points and misses are -10.97 points. Extra Points are worth 5 points each and a miss is worth -25.51 points.

Defenses get 10 points for a win and -10 points for a loss.

I haven't gotten to see who the top scorers were last year in this league so I really don't know what sort of draft strategy to formulate with such an off the wall and crazy scoring system.

ICIP

Edited by I Come In Peace

:D

Exactly whose brainstorm was this, and what exactly was the justification?

I'll get you a better answer by Monday, but Holy crap, you've got to be freakin' kidding. That's got to be the brainchild of an engineer or an accountant who doesn't have enough work on their desk.

Sheesh!!! Blows my mind away. All I know is you better take a kicker first. :D

:D

Exactly whose brainstorm was this, and what exactly was the justification?

I'll get you a better answer by Monday, but Holy crap, you've got to be freakin' kidding. That's got to be the brainchild of an engineer or an accountant who doesn't have enough work on their desk.

It was not my idea, but the commissioner is a CPA and a know-it-all or so he thinks. I asked what was up with all the crazy scoring and he replied with what crazy scoring. I actually think he was seriuos to.

Sheesh!!! Blows my mind away. All I know is you better take a kicker first. :D

I am trying to get my hands on the top scorers from last yr but I would think the top 20 has to have a bunch of kickers in it. I just think taking one in round 1 is nuts but would taking one in round 2 or 3 be as crazy since they score so much. I dunno.

Edited by I Come In Peace

I would say just mail the commish your check and don't bother with the draft, he/she has come up with a way that takes NO football knowledge and most of the teams are so confused with the scoring system, they will not stand a chance.

Guess I would start out kicker-kicker and pick guys that DO NOT miss and have very strong legs.....good luck

NOW I REALLY NEED SOME HELP.

Me and a few other guys tried to talk to the guy that runs this league about how crazy the scoring was and he was a complete prick.

After the way he acted me & 2 other guys told him he should just give us each back our $500 and then he can get 3 other guys that will play with his stupid rules. HE SAID THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. It got pretty ugly and the cops even got called to the bar. This morning he sent an email out to the league saying that we should be kicked out of the league for starting trouble. Half the emails say to let us go but to give us a refund while the other half say we should still get to play if we want to and if not then no refund. Well I am not about to just let this bastard keep my money so can someone please help me out with planning this draft.

So you gave this guy $500 before you relized he and his league were insane?

That's a tough spot.

Personally there's no way I'd pay for that garbage... and no way he'd be keeping my money.

Sounds like you need to go to small claims court.

Me and a few other guys tried to talk to the guy that runs this league about how crazy the scoring was and he was a complete prick.

After the way he acted me & 2 other guys told him he should just give us each back our $500 and then he can get 3 other guys that will play with his stupid rules. HE SAID THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. It got pretty ugly and the cops even got called to the bar. This morning he sent an email out to the league saying that we should be kicked out of the league for starting trouble. Half the emails say to let us go but to give us a refund while the other half say we should still get to play if we want to and if not then no refund. Well I am not about to just let this bastard keep my money so can someone please help me out with planning this draft.

Sweet christ...how did you come upon this league in the first place? $500 is a lot of jack...

I'm in two money leagues that are $500 a piece, but only with good friends, who would totally understand.

Wow--- what a mess! Sounds like this guy is a real arse-hat....

Paying him $$ without doing your homework was not smart, but it seems to me that as a paying "customer" you do have some rights.

This may be a small claims type infraction - do you have any relatives or friends that are lawyers who might not mind sendind this Napoleon a firm note on their letterhead for you?

Good Luck but get out of this league ASAP, regardless of expense - this cat won't change.

• 2 weeks later...

The original was a bit long and lost itself about half-way through. At one point, the entire theater yelled "roll the credits already". But here we have the sequel, lets call this the Ace Ventura When Nature Calls of posts.....and I think we can all figure out the symbolism.

• 3 years later...
Just checking this out ... this is pretty bizarre.

What ever came of this, ICIP?

I ended up getting kicked out of the league and wasn't given a refund. I fought long and hard to get my money back and even thretened a lawsuit but the dude just told me to Penny Lane off. Then on this past Sunday one of my friends stops by and he hands me 500 bucks. He said that Jim called him last week and was telling him how he found god and was looking to make up for past transgrettions. He asked my friend to meet him for lunch and that was when he said he wanted to appologize the three of us for kicking us out of the league and keeping our money. So he handed him 1500 bucks for the three of us and said to tell us he was very sorry for how he treated us. Jim who is the comish from above then asked if we would be interested in playing in his league again but said it was now free because he doesn't gamble now. Of course we said no but get this my friend found out that they are still using that same nutso scoring system. Talk about found money.