[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting a yearly tradition with my son today

max

I have decided that today I am going to start a yearly tradition with my son eventhough he is only 19 months old. We are going to take a ride up to Steelers Training Camp in Latrobe, PA. I am sure he really won't be into it but it should be a great time for the two of us to hang out and watch some football. Gotta plant the seeds early right? :D Who knows maybe we will get him an autograph that we could keep in his room for him too.

It doesn't matter what we are doing I truly believe that there really isn't anything better than spending time with my little boy.

I am starting a similar tradition with my daughter this year...tried to start last year but couldn't make it down to Mankato...the funny thing is that she is very excited to go watch the Vikings...you can never start them out to early IMO...Emma was saying "Boo Packers" when she was two...

Well we went up to camp and got home about 1 1/2 hours ago. We had a great time. Once we arrived I took him over to the kids area called "The Steelers Experience". He got to run around a little bit and play with the different activities they had set up for the kids. Much to my surprise Connor was really into watching the players practice. It was just a "thud" practice. No real hitting. But there was one play where Polamalu put a WR on his back and my son started clapping as soon as he saw it. As Hines Ward was walking off the field he stopped and signed an autograph for Connor too. It is a 8X10 photo of Ward in the endzone after scoring a TD in Superbowl XL. We are going to frame it and hang it up in his room for him. It was great to share this experience with my son. I can't wait until next year so we could do it again.

Edited by max

Well we went up to camp and got home about 1 1/2 hours ago. We had a great time. Once we arrived I took him over to the kids area called "The Steelers Experience". He got to run around a little bit and play with the different activities they had set up for the kids. Much to my surprise Connor was really into watching the players practice. It was just a "thud" practice. No real hitting. But there was one play where Polamalu put a WR on his back and my son started clapping as soon as he saw it. As Hines Ward was walking off the field he stopped and signed an autograph for Connor too. It is a 8X10 photo of Ward in the endzone after scoring a TD in Superbowl XL. We are going to frame it and hang it up in his room for him. It was great to share this experience with my son. I can't wait until next year so we could do it again.

Very Nice!

:D

I think that I have taken the kids and wife out to camp all but two of the past 19 years. We were supposed to be there today but I am not quite home from the beach yet since we stopped to play Virginia National today. Now we are going to play another round up near Menudo, (I think), at a place called Heritage Hills tomorrow then we will be home. I burn one more day and go out to camp on Thursday but if I don't make it out there then I will probably make this the third year in the last 20 that I will miss a day at camp.

Very cool! I am planning ontryingto get my 3 year old son to a Viking's game this year!

Good job dad! As a Cowboy's fan, I put a Dallas football in my son's crib when he was first born. Today at 11, he takes the loses worse then I do.

Plant the seed early for best results.

I am starting a similar tradition with my daughter this year...tried to start last year but couldn't make it down to Mankato...the funny thing is that she is very excited to go watch the Vikings...you can never start them out to early IMO...Emma was saying "Boo Packers" when she was two...

Very cool! I am planning ontryingto get my 3 year old son to a Viking's game this year!

Very cool. I am sure you both would have a great time at Vikings camp with each of your kids. It was really a great time and I feel lucky to have been able to do it with my son.

SWeeeeeet. :D

We celebrated with ya, Max....by getting our 2007 Steeler garb in the mail. :D Including a little toddler Terrible Towel bib for my new niece. :wacko:

I get to be the Aunt who teaches her about football......LOL. Which means.....I pick the team. :wacko:

SWeeeeeet. :D

We celebrated with ya, Max....by getting our 2007 Steeler garb in the mail. :D Including a little toddler Terrible Towel bib for my new niece. :wacko:

I get to be the Aunt who teaches her about football......LOL. Which means.....I pick the team. :wacko:

Congrats on the niece! And you picking the team is a good thing ... You can't have your niece wearing anything but Black and Gold :wacko:

I have decided that today I am going to start a yearly tradition with my son eventhough he is only 19 months old. We are going to take a ride up to Steelers Training Camp in Latrobe, PA. I am sure he really won't be into it but it should be a great time for the two of us to hang out and watch some football. Gotta plant the seeds early right? :wacko: Who knows maybe we will get him an autograph that we could keep in his room for him too.

It doesn't matter what we are doing I truly believe that there really isn't anything better than spending time with my little boy.

Awesome !!!! :D

I'm with you on the 'nothing is better than spending time with my little boy'

Mine will be 19 months at this time next year, maybe I'll copy your tradition, as I think it is a great idea. Maybe we'll even see you there next year. :wacko:

Awesome post, cherish the moments. :D

Awesome !!!! :D

I'm with you on the 'nothing is better than spending time with my little boy'

Mine will be 19 months at this time next year, maybe I'll copy your tradition, as I think it is a great idea. Maybe we'll even see you there next year. :wacko:

Awesome post, cherish the moments. :D

Maybe we can arrange something so we could meet up there next summer. Maybe SB can make the trip and bring her niece too.

I think that I have taken the kids and wife out to camp all but two of the past 19 years. We were supposed to be there today but I am not quite home from the beach yet since we stopped to play Virginia National today. Now we are going to play another round up near Menudo, (I think), at a place called Heritage Hills tomorrow then we will be home. I burn one more day and go out to camp on Thursday but if I don't make it out there then I will probably make this the third year in the last 20 that I will miss a day at camp.

You will be about 15 minutes from where I work.