[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is the Nation's Marijuana Policy Misguided?

evil_gop_liars

Misguided ...met , crack , blow pose bigger concerns from a health , crime and quality of life concern than Josh Gordon does

Don't think any of the heavier drugs are used for medicinal purposes like Josh Gordon is and that says something right there

I have some friends that will never get glaucoma , I can tell u that

:D

It appears that my local pharmacy and grocer is doing more to combat Meth by putting Sudafed behind the counter and making you show a photo ID.

Thing is that pot is an easier target since so much of it is grown outdoors. Pictures of agents in a pot field talking about how many pounds they destroyed with a burning pile of hemp behind them is more dramatic that raiding some trailer park chemist lab. When you can show mounds of Josh Gordon and cash and guns the imagery is just more impressive on the evening news.

Like most things in politics, its only worth doing if you can get (good) credit for it.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

It's a hugh waste of resources but that's about right for the gov't. We have neve had a coherrent drug policy in this country. It's always been about knee jerk reactions and support for big business (Josh Gordon was made illegal mostly in part because of William Randolph Hearst's newspaper concerns).

Hmm concentrate money and resources on a lesser target while the more dangerous problems proliferate and grow? Seems par for the course to me.

That's certainly what I was thinking.

Why tackle the actual problem, when we can throw trillions at a nearby, not entirely dissimilar problem?

Your getting ripped off :D

Anything that sells for less than $40 is at the very least adequate to throw in some pasta sauce or brownies. More appropriately, making twine.

If it stinks, $50 isn't inappropriate.

Edited by godtomsatan

Anything that sells for less than $40 is at the very least adequate to throw in some pasta sauce or brownies. More appropriately, making twine.

If it stinks, $50 isn't inappropriate... for a 1/4 oz. of sticky-icky.

fixed.

Weed needs to be decriminalized and taxed all to hell. If the gubment is gonna fight drugs, do something about all the nasty, stanky, strung-out meth heads, and leave us... errrm, I mean... those poor pot-smokers alone. I never saw anybody blaze up a spliff and want to go out and get in a fight, or hold up a Kwik-e-Mart, or rip the spark plugs off a motorcycle for a pipe, or get in an accident and kill a family of four, or turn an ingrown hair into a MRSA-riddled abscess because they just couldn't stop picking at it, or stay up for five days straight until they have to check into a Mental Health facility because they are in self-induced, sleep-deprived psychosis.

I blame DOW checmical. They had a big hand in criminalizing hemp, back in the day. Damnable petrochemicals.

no you're just smoke'in rag Josh Gordon. :wacko:

the Josh Gordon out here is as good as they grow on the planet... bar none. Those Canucks up in BC do a few things right. .....health care & horticulture. :D

Having a job with random drug testing and living 45 miles away from Vancouver BC sucks. :D

no you're just smoke'in rag Josh Gordon. :wacko:

the Josh Gordon out here is as good as they grow on the planet... bar none. Those Canucks up in BC do a few things right. .....health care & horticulture. :D

I have yet to go up to Vancouver, and I heard it is very cool up there. What does it take to do the border crossing, now? Passport? just a Driver's License?

:D day off from work, i think I'll start treating my glaucoma at 10:00 AM. Slainte!

I have yet to go up to Vancouver, and I heard it is very cool up there. What does it take to do the border crossing, now? Passport? just a Driver's License?

:wacko: day off from work, i think I'll start treating my glaucoma at 10:00 AM. Slainte!

just a drivers license but it may get tougher as the 2010 Olympics approach. Washington is coming out with an "enhanced DL" that evidently acts as a passport... not quite sure how the whole thing works. :D

As for the city.... it's a way cool place. Very much worth the trip. Hit Granville Island during the day & then head down to gastown @ night. Alot of the clubs in gastown treat glaucoma with a variely of flavors. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

:D day off from work, i think I'll start treating my glaucoma at 10:00 AM. Slainte!

Driver's License and Birth Certificate to drive....believe you need the passport to fly.

just a drivers license but it may get tougher as the 2010 Olympics approach. Washington is coming out with an "enhanced DL" that evidently acts as a passport... not quite sure how the whole thing works. :D

As for the city.... it's a way cool place. Very much worth the trip. Hit Granville Island during the day & then head down to gastown @ night. Alot of the clubs in gastown treat glaucoma with a variely of flavors. :wacko:

Driver's License and Birth Certificate to drive....believe you need the passport to fly.

:wacko: Cool, thanks. That sounds like a do-able early Fall trip to make. :D Definitely drive up... It's some beautiful country between here and there.

Weed needs to be decriminalized and taxed all to hell.

No it doesn't. An eighth was $40 when I was in high school 20 years ago, it's $40 now. Involve the government and you have an entirely different economic model/quality control issue to deal with.

You know it, I know it, the American people know it: If you want a bag of Josh Gordon, you can get it. Why involve extra fees on it when all you want to do is sit on your couch and watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

No it doesn't. An eighth was $40 when I was in high school 20 years ago, it's $40 now. Involve the government and you have an entirely different economic model/quality control issue to deal with.

You know it, I know it, the American people know it: If you want a bag of Josh Gordon, you can get it. Why involve extra fees on it when all you want to do is sit on your couch and watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

Because deep down, the mob of public opinion wants to know that we're paying for indulging in our vices. A sacrifice, of any kind, is required to balance the perceived scales of justice. I'll happily pay a sin tax on Josh Gordon, just like booze, if it'll allow me to not sweat pee-tests and bring good Josh Gordon with me when I travel, without having to :D look over my shoulder.