[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hall of fame game tonight

hooknladder

Man, I know it's only preseason, but this Carey Davis kid looks like he might be for real. We pretty much know that Davenport and Barlow are destined to be career backups at this point, so I see no reason why Davis can't capture the No. 2 spot behind FWP.

Edited by tomfin2000

Two things are obvious, the Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl, and Roethlisberger will be the MVP of the NFL. I'm sure no one will argue with that........ :D:wacko:

Let's hope so as I just drafted him in the 9th or 10th rd in the Practice Squad as my first QB. :D

Somebody needs to inform the Saints defensive staff that they don't have "man-to-man" caliber cornerbacks on their roster. I don't understand why they play it so much. If they think Jason David is going to flourish without safety help, they are sadly mistaken. You can't play that kind of isolation defense with those type of cornerbacks.

Edited by CaptainHook

Man, I know it's only preseason, but this Carey Davis kid looks like he might be for real. We pretty much know that Davenport and Barlow are destined to be career backups at this point, so I see no reason why Davis can't capture the No. 2 spot behind FWP.

He looks hungry. I love the way he is running. However, he has been with like 5 teams in 3 years, so I'd like to see more. However, I've never been excited about Davenport, so, I'm happy to see him running so well.

I don't think Kevan Barlow will make this team.

He looks hungry. I love the way he is running. However, he has been with like 5 teams in 3 years, so I'd like to see more. However, I've never been excited about Davenport, so, I'm happy to see him running so well.

I don't think Kevan Barlow will make this team.

I had forgotten about Vernon Hayes as well, so there's quite a logjam at RB. I also didn't realize that Davis has bounced around so much until I read his bio, but after the way he played tonight, I imagine the coaching staff is going to give him a good, long look this preseason.

Somebody needs to inform the Saints defensive staff that they don't have "man-to-man" caliber cornerbacks on their roster. I don't understand why they play it so much. If they think Jason David is going to flourish without safety help, they are sadly mistaken. You can't play that kind of isolation defense with those type of cornerbacks.

No lie, man. Their starters were getting lit up by the Steelers second and third string players.

I think Duce Staley will surprise a lot of people.

:D

Re. the game, my .02 as I said elsewhere:

PIT - Big Ben looked OK in his very short time. Wilson kept making plays, credit to him (might perk up a little interest in really deep/dynasty leagues). Davenport looked like, well, a backup RB. Not exactly the next Turner. Washington had serious dropsies.

NO - Brees looked like crap IMO. Poor decisions, poor throws, Marino-like mobility. Nobody else did anything either though. Bush still can't resist the behind-the-line dance, but he seemed to be somewhat conscious of it at times - one play in particular he swept left, looked like he was going to reverse his field...then just dove for no/short gain.