[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rudi Johnson - needs to be ranked Higher

hagler

I am not a Cincy Homer or anything like that..............

I just don't see why Rudi is constantly ranked 9th - 11th in all RB rankings in NON=PPR????

No added value for catching passes--fine.....but does S.Alexander, LJ, or Willie Parker???

Word is he looks great in camp---has even trimmed down a bit & worked on leg strength in the off-season....

Positives you can' argue with:

very good O-line

great offense

never gets hurt

Nobody & I mean Nobody to steal carries (K.Irons done for the year)

Goal-line back

C.Henry out for 8 games --loss of a Red-Zone threat

Everybody says he doesn't have any upside????

Why would you draft SA or Westbrook & even FWP over Rudi?

SA - downside of his career? O-line question marks? Foot Injury?

Westbrook - Injuries? Injuries(Did I say injury again)? Mcnabb getting hurt can lower Westbrook's production...--Tony Hunt at the goal-line? - disappears some weeks...

FWP - Barlow & Najeh at the goal-line? Lightening up workload after last year?

Tell me why Rudi isn't the better selection.....

Inconsistent from game to game.

Limited upside.

Look how he has finished over the last 3-4 years.. always in the 9-12 range for RBs.

While the other guys all have risks, they have a much larger upside in terms of their likely production. Rudi, whilst being very talented on a solid team, does not have that same upside. And while PPR certainly would drop him, even in non-PPR his lack of involvement in the passing game is simply that many less opportunities that he gets compared to his counterparts in the RB profession that are more multi-dimensional and are factors in their respective teams passing games.

Actually, on CBS Sportsline, Rudi finished 8th among RBs in 2004, 7th in 2005, and 9th in 2006. In other words, he is pretty consistent from year to year, if not from game to game. But, he rarely puts up the spectacular game that makes people take notice of him. He is to RBs what Jimmy Smith was to WRs; good to very good during his career, and at the end of his playing days, people will look back, and be shocked by the stats he produced.

Inconsistent from game to game.

Limited upside.

Look how he has finished over the last 3-4 years.. always in the 9-12 range for RBs.

While the other guys all have risks, they have a much larger upside in terms of their likely production. Rudi, whilst being very talented on a solid team, does not have that same upside. And while PPR certainly would drop him, even in non-PPR his lack of involvement in the passing game is simply that many less opportunities that he gets compared to his counterparts in the RB profession that are more multi-dimensional and are factors in their respective teams passing games.

last year, when everyone was wringing their hands about #5, and whther or not Ronnie Brown should go there, I made a strong case for Rudi. And I was wrong, although he was MUCh better than Ronnie Brown, which many took at that spot.

I don't see him as inconsistent, quite the contrary. His 12 TDs are usually spread out very well. He's GREAT at getting 75 yards. he grabs the 100 yard games every now and then. e NEVER comes up with a 150 yarder. In short, he's consistently mid-range/above average and that is it.

Low ceiling, high floor. Better than many, but look at Parker: dude can flat out break a game wide open. Done it a couple of times. Rdui? Not once that I can recall.

He's PERFECT at 8 or 9. Any lower you get a bargain, any higher you are overpaying.

Part of his value is also his predictability: 1300 yards, 12 TDs.

He's PERFECT at 8 or 9. Any lower you get a bargain, any higher you are overpaying.

I agree with this, but, the reason he goes lower than that year to year is that that is his ceiling. You'll have guys like Henry and the above mentioned RBs and ROnnie Brown go ahead of him because they have a much higher ceiling, albeit with the logical higher risk. Rudi is a great option for a very risk averse owner, but he is not the type of player that will likely lead you to a league championship as your RB1.

Edited by Big Country

Part of his value is also his predictability: 1300 yards, 12 TDs.

I agree, 8-9 is a good spot for him. And, knowing you can count on 75-80 yards and a TD most weeks from Rudi, drafting him frees you up to take a bit of a flyer with your next RB. Like Travis Henry, who has the potential to have a huge season behind Denver's O-line, but whose production could also take a hit because he tends to get injured, and he is playing for a coach who likes to utilize multiple RB's.

I agree with some of the points that both BC and Pope have made. Just looking at last year, which look like most of his time as the main ball carrier in Cincy, he's a consistent TD producer but not a consistent yardage guy.

Rudi scored TDs in 10 out of 16 games last year. However, he had only 5- 100 yard games. After that he had one game with 96 yds, one 85 yarder, and 2- 70 = yarders (77,79). So for a little more than half the season he had 77 yards or better. The other half he had a 46 yard effort, 3- 47 yarders, a 52 yarder, a 64 yarder, and a 65 yarder. So like BC said he is very inconsistent game to game when it comes to putting up solid yardage numbers. However, like Pope stated he is consistent (sort of) because when it come to total points it doesn't look so bad because he scores often and spreads it out.

However, when it comes to PPR leagues, his values drops a little more because he's barely involved in the passing game. He had 23 rec. last year which averages out to just a little over 1 catch per game.

Rudi was ranked as the 11th overall RB in my PPR league last year. Which in a 10 team league puts him into the 2nd round and very possibly in a 12- teamer as well. And he's reached his ceiling in terms of production, so it could only be worse, however, he'll probably be where's he's been the last 2-3 years.

I agree with this, but, the reason he goes lower than that year to year is that that is his ceiling. You'll have guys like Henry and the above mentioned RBs and ROnnie Brown go ahead of him because they have a much higher ceiling, albeit with the logical higher risk. Rudi is a great option for a very risk averse owner, but he is not the type of player that will likely lead you to a league championship as your RB1.

Troof.

You need one of those 4th-6th rounders to really take off if you take Rudi first.

I've been mulling this over for a bit. I'm hoping Rudi is there for me when I draft 8th in my 10 team redraft (nonppr). Yes his ceiling is lower than Wesbrook, Henry, Brown, Parker...but he's been consistant and fairly healthy. I'll take more of a risk @ RB#2 but not with my #1.

Just my :D

I am not a Cincy Homer or anything like that..............

I just don't see why Rudi is constantly ranked 9th - 11th in all RB rankings in NON=PPR????

No added value for catching passes--fine.....but does S.Alexander, LJ, or Willie Parker???

Word is he looks great in camp---has even trimmed down a bit & worked on leg strength in the off-season....

Positives you can' argue with:

very good O-line

great offense

never gets hurt

Nobody & I mean Nobody to steal carries (K.Irons done for the year)

Goal-line back

C.Henry out for 8 games --loss of a Red-Zone threat

Everybody says he doesn't have any upside????

Why would you draft SA or Westbrook & even FWP over Rudi?

SA - downside of his career? O-line question marks? Foot Injury?

Westbrook - Injuries? Injuries(Did I say injury again)? Mcnabb getting hurt can lower Westbrook's production...--Tony Hunt at the goal-line? - disappears some weeks...

FWP - Barlow & Najeh at the goal-line? Lightening up workload after last year?

Tell me why Rudi isn't the better selection.....

How does McNabb getting hurt lower Westbrooks production ???? Did you watch the NFL season last year ???? Plus Westbrook is a more versatile back (catches), more explosive.....he can take it all the way at any moment !!!!! I agree with the injury statements......but living close to the Philly area... he was banged up last year and he would just not practice all week and nurse the injuries and play fine on Sunday.

Actually, on CBS Sportsline, Rudi finished 8th among RBs in 2004, 7th in 2005, and 9th in 2006. In other words, he is pretty consistent from year to year, if not from game to game. But, he rarely puts up the spectacular game that makes people take notice of him. He is to RBs what Jimmy Smith was to WRs; good to very good during his career, and at the end of his playing days, people will look back, and be shocked by the stats he produced.

Based on this do you all agree that, drafting 10 in a 10 team re-draft, if I want to gamble on a 2nd RB with risk/potential(Henry,McGahee,Parker) at 2.01 Rudi would be the pick at 1.10 for safety sake? Because I think if I draft Rudi at 1.10 I really can't go WR at 2.01 because of Rudi's low ceiling. I'd have to get a higher #2 RB.

If I wanted to go RB/WR at 1.10/2.01 and had Henry/Parker/Benson to chose from at 1.10, who would you take?

Also, if I take rudi at 1.10 does that give me the safety to take Ruggie Bush at 2.10 or is that to high for Bush?

Based on this do you all agree that, drafting 10 in a 10 team re-draft, if I want to gamble on a 2nd RB with risk/potential(Henry,McGahee,Parker) at 2.01 Rudi would be the pick at 1.10 for safety sake? Because I think if I draft Rudi at 1.10 I really can't go WR at 2.01 because of Rudi's low ceiling. I'd have to get a higher #2 RB.

If I wanted to go RB/WR at 1.10/2.01 and had Henry/Parker/Benson to chose from at 1.10, who would you take?

Also, if I take rudi at 1.10 does that give me the safety to take Ruggie Bush at 2.10 or is that to high for Bush?

I think Rudi at 1.10 would be a good place to get him, and yes, since he is dependable and durable, going with a high risk, high reward RB with the next pick after taking Rudi would probably be a good play. But, I seriously doubt that both Henry and Parker will be avallable that late. Honestly, if Rudi/Henry/Parker are all available at 1.10, I'd probably take both Henry and Parker at 1.10/2.01, and pass on Rudi. As for Bush, since he shares carries with Deuce, I think 2.01 is too high to take him. But, if you really were asking about taking him at 2.10, that would be great value to get him that late.

I think Iwould actually go with the Henry/Parker at 10 if they are there and use that on the "highr risk" player and save my 2.01 for the safety of Rudi. :D

Bush really should only go that high if it is a PPR league... and if it is a PPR league it is doubtful he will still be on the board at that point.

I have been struggling with this too, picking at the 10 spot in a 10-team league. Was originally considering going Rudi, then Henry/Parker/Maroney/McGahee. Reconsidering now though.

I'm either going Henry-McGahee or Henry-S. Smith here, then try to pick up an RB2 in rounds 3 and 5-7. Brandon Jacobs and Lynch could be there at 3.01, and I could get A. Peterson/Lendale White later on for depth. That would likely leave me with RB corps of:

Henry

Jacobs

Peterson

White

but WRs would be much stronger with Smith, then A.Johnson/Colston as my #2, maybe even Wayne or R. Williams if people get QB hungry in Rd 3 and they slip.

But hey, I'll probably change my mind a few more times before my draft on Tuesday.

Edited by AL D