[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shotguns

muck

Stoeger is great quality.

Charles Daly is made by Muslim Turks.

I'm in a Ducks Unlimited chapter. Those guys are always talking about ghey expensive shotguns and those come up. Personally, I use the old Remington 870. Some of the guys that shoot trap are always blabbing on about Dalys. I haven't actually paid enough attention to know if they use them or not. I'll suck it up and ask them next week if you'd like.

I'm in a Ducks Unlimited chapter. Those guys are always talking about ghey expensive shotguns and those come up. Personally, I use the old Remington 870. Some of the guys that shoot trap are always blabbing on about Dalys. I haven't actually paid enough attention to know if they use them or not. I'll suck it up and ask them next week if you'd like.

The guy that told me to look into these two guys said that Daly's are great for shooting trap and they look real nice ... he said the Stoeger's are much less fancy, but are still real nice guns.

I'm looking for a gun that would be great for trap and for fowl. I thought I was going to try to find a lightly used Benelli ... but someone suggested I look into these two guns and I'd never heard of them.

I personally will never buy anything other than a mossberg 835 ulti-mag. I doubt there is a better pump gun in the world regardless of price.

Own a Mossberg 500, and I love it, but I must confess that I'm pretty much a shotgun newbie.

Stoeger is great quality.

Charles Daly is made by Muslim Turks.

How would you compare Stoeger's quality to the other bigger names in the business (Benelli, Remington, etc)?

I didn't realize Daly's were made in the middle east. Can you elaborate on this comment? It seems to be a pretty American company to me.

I have a Charles Daly 20 gauge double barrel that my dad gave me. It is an absolutely fabulous weapon. Great bird gun.

I'm looking for a gun that would be great for trap and for fowl. I thought I was going to try to find a lightly used Benelli ... but someone suggested I look into these two guns and I'd never heard of them.

A lot of it depends on what type of shotgun you want. Based upon "great for trap and fowl" (assuming waterfowl versus upland birds) and the interest in a Benelli, I'm guessing you are looking for a pump or semi-auto. If it is the semi-auto, Stoeger semis are a Benellis knock-off that use the Benelli Inertia Drive system. They're well built but not as nice as the Super Black Eagle but cost 1/3 to 1/2 what a Black Eagle will. Picture a corvette engine in a corvair.

Daly makes some nice shooters, but I have only handled the O/U's.

How would you compare Stoeger's quality to the other bigger names in the business (Benelli, Remington, etc)?

I didn't realize Daly's were made in the middle east. Can you elaborate on this comment? It seems to be a pretty American company to me.

I have always heard that Dal's were made in the middle east. The Daly's my wife sells, well I am almost positive they are all made in Turkey. Daly has historically had gun made in Japan, Iran, and multiple places over the world. When she gets in from getting sister bear her shots I will ask her.

I am the wrong person to be asking about quality of shotguns. I have 1995 era Mossberg 835 3.5" ulti-mag with interchangeable chokes and a synthetic stock. I doubt there is a more durable shotgun made. I once fell off of a log and dropped it into 6' of water in a pond near El Dorado Arkansas. I swam down, hauled it up,sprayed it with the hose and shot another hundred rounds without missing a beat. A couple of week slater I took it to a dove hunt near Sweetwater, Texas and killed as many or more birds than anyone. Our clients had all kinds of guns with some costing into the thousands of dollars. My cousin has a custom Ithaca pump and an automatic beretta which are nice.

What you have to keep in mind is that a shotgun is a crude device. The manufacturers try to over complicate their words and make their products seems more impressive than they are. Shotguns are centuries old and they really have not changed all that much. I can tell you that if David Boston is chasing me with a machete there gun I would take over any of them is my mossberg.

Go to a pawn shop and drop you a couple hundred bucks on a synthetic Mossberg and try it out. If you have never used one you will be amazed. If you are looking for a gun to impress people with goto Gander Mountain, they have some beautiful guns as well. But like I said, it depends what you need it for.

If for hunting with Warren Buffet, go drop 10K on the offering at the local fine gun store, there is nothing wrong with that. If David Boston is crawling through the window, get something to kill him with that you know will work.

Huglu shotguns

These are actually pretty affordable. I have only owned browning. I have a 12G semi and a 525 Special Citori series for my skeet and sporting clays comp. I will buy a huglu someday. They are turkish.

Balla, I would think hard on that. Huglu and CZ are the same gun just with a different name. Check out what is said about them in this forum.

Actually, I want two guns.

1) Loud pump shotgun (with rock salt or bird seed) for home protection.

2) Trap, upland and water.

After much research, and discussion, inlcuding a thread here: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...&hl=shotgun, I bought the Mossberg 500 for home protection.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.a...ection=products

Very reliable, American made, the only pump-action shotguns ever to pass all stringent U. S. Military Mil-Spec 3443 standards.