[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help with my first draft pick.

gerry.harris

I have the third pick in a re-draft league and I am torn on which running back is the best option here. I have to assume that LT and SJax will go 1 and 2. Our league favors touchdowns over yardage in scoring and we do not give points per reception. We give 1 point for every 25 yards rushing with a 3 point bonus fro 100 yards. We give 6 points for a rushing touchdown between 0-9 yards. We give 9 points for a touchdown between 10-39 yards. We give 12 points for touchdowns over 40 yards and longer, with double points for a running back catching a recieving touchdown. So, i am more concerned with nuimber of touchdowns than yardage and ecspecially longer touchdowns. I am trying to decide between LJ, SA, Addai, and Gore with the third pick. What are yalls opinions with this draft posision and our scoring system and is there a better choice that i did not mention? Thanks.

With LJ's uncertain contract situation I rule him out ... too much risk for the 3rd overall pick.

I am concerned with Seattle's offense this year and wondering about Shaun's foot ... again more risk than I like at 3

That leaves Gore vs Addai

I like both this year ... but predict that Gore will be a larger part of the offense in SF than Addai will be of the Indy offense (Indy has more weapons) ... so I go with Gore in this spot.

It looks like an easy choice to me.

Gore seems like the flavor of the month but when Edge was clicking as a colt :D Maybe Addai can put up those kinds of #'s? I think the colts are a better team...........your not gonna put 11 in the box to stop Addai.........But who does Gore have really? That's what sways me towards Addai.........But a Healthy/Happy LJ gets my Vote......but with the contract and holdout? Addai is the man.......It's going to suck when they settle the LJ deal right before opening day......... :D

Edited by IrishPride

With LJ's uncertain contract situation I rule him out ... too much risk for the 3rd overall pick.

I am concerned with Seattle's offense this year and wondering about Shaun's foot ... again more risk than I like at 3

That leaves Gore vs Addai

I like both this year ... but predict that Gore will be a larger part of the offense in SF than Addai will be of the Indy offense (Indy has more weapons) ... so I go with Gore in this spot.

It looks like an easy choice to me.

Wurd.

Had the draft last night, ended up taking Larry Johnson with the third pick since he signed yesterday. But now i am kind of wishing i had of gone with Gore. But, I am very happy with my team.

Leinart

e. Manning

L. Johnson

R. Johnson

T. Jones

L. Betts

T. Owens

A. Johnson

L. Evans

J. Galloway

Dj Hakett

J. Shockey

Elam

Carolina Def.

Had the draft last night

If you draft is within the next 3 day, I would go with Gore. With LJ signing yesterday, you may want to consider him. Not sure when your draft is, but if you can catch LJ in the pre-season and he looks good, he may be the better choice.

:D

Had the draft last night, ended up taking Larry Johnson with the third pick since he signed yesterday. But now i am kind of wishing i had of gone with Gore. But, I am very happy with my team.

Leinart

e. Manning

L. Johnson

R. Johnson

T. Jones

L. Betts

T. Owens

A. Johnson

L. Evans

J. Galloway

Dj Hakett

J. Shockey

Elam

Carolina Def.

You made the right choice IMO. Before I even read that you already drafted my response was going to be LJ in that scoring system and with the fact that he signed. Good Luck!!